Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

Hello to all the Alcoa fans, I'll put my two cents in from West TN, I think

Alcoa will put the game away late in the 3rd or early in the 4th qtr. Alcoa 31 Mary 14

On another subject, I'm gonna miss going back and forth with Alcoa fans this year, Milan is just too

young this year to get another shot at the gold ball. I really don't see anyone this side of Nashville

having the talent to get to the title game.

AlocaPaintedBridge........Maybe you'll get a chance to rip on the Dogs in a few years.

I'm sure Bulldog fan #2 will close the gap. Good luck this season!!

Hands down best highschool football game you will see all year!!! Possibly best highschool football game of all time in state of tennessee! What a game exp in the second half... Both teams looked very impressive and what a outcome between 2 great football teams! Its ashame anyone had to lose that one!!!

Congrats to all the Alcoa fans. Great win for the program, now you have a winning streak against the Rebels! I was impressed with both teams. Some key mistakes were made by the Tornadoes and Maryville made them pay. But in the end it was just too much talent on the Alcoa side for Maryville to stop. I don't believe either team scored consecutively, instead it was back and forth from the opening kickoff til the final possession. Nice job by both schools :thumb:

Hello to all the Alcoa fans, I'll put my two cents in from West TN, I think

Alcoa will put the game away late in the 3rd or early in the 4th qtr. Alcoa 31 Mary 14

On another subject, I'm gonna miss going back and forth with Alcoa fans this year, Milan is just too

young this year to get another shot at the gold ball. I really don't see anyone this side of Nashville

having the talent to get to the title game.

AlocaPaintedBridge........Maybe you'll get a chance to rip on the Dogs in a few years.

I'm sure Bulldog fan #2 will close the gap. Good luck this season!!

The game was played tonight and Alcoa won 35-31. I am just guessing here but I would be willing to bet Alcoa rushed for nearly 400 yards as a team tonight. Whoever said their offensive line wouldn't be nearly as good this year as it was last year is crazy. They are very physical up front.

Maryville's passing attack is awesome. They had Alcoa guessing a lot on defense tonight in long yardage situations. When Alcoa's front wasn't getting pressure on the QB he was picking their secondary apart.

The battle in the trenches was won in a big time way by Alcoa tonight though. Maryville's running game was very average at best while Alcoa time after time lined up and rammed the football down the Rebels throats. Hambrick, Warren, Tyson, & Tallent need to take those guys out for pizza tomorrow night.

What a game. Props to both teams for a clean game and leaving it all on the field.

Awesome win for Alcoa!! I could not be more excited. I wondered if it would feel less special than last year, but it didn't. This game was a classicc and goes into my top 3 for sure. May be many years before a game like this happens again. Will be hard to speak at 8am tomorrow for work as well. And to think I didn't remember Maryville week till last Friday.

Congrats Alcoa! This game was between 2 superb teams, and I see no one in 3A getting in Alcoas way, sure I don't know the rest of the teams but I know the one that matters. I'm certain GQ will correct issues and have Maryville back in the mix to bring home more gold.

Of course I'm not gonna go against my Tornadoes in this contest, but I have a feeling this will be a great game, and there will be points scored

Alcoa- 34

Maryville- 31

Pretty good prediction, eh? GOOOO TORNADOES, and of course from here on out go Rebs!!

:thumb: ..............go buy a lottery ticket Tom! :flower:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Congratulations to the Tornados. You guys won a great game last night. Bragging rights go to Alcoa for another year (well deserved). The game did give me a lot of hope for a tremedous year for the Rebels. If we can play with that kind of intensity throughout the season and playoffs, we should do very well. Thank you Alcoa players, coaches, and fans for a great rivalry. Let's do it again next year!

Congratulations to the Tornados. You guys won a great game last night. Bragging rights go to Alcoa for another year (well deserved). The game did give me a lot of hope for a tremedous year for the Rebels. If we can play with that kind of intensity throughout the season and playoffs, we should do very well. Thank you Alcoa players, coaches, and fans for a great rivalry. Let's do it again next year!

For sure MHS82! I see a lot of gold coming to Blount County in December :thumb: