Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

I think I can speak for not only every Alcoa and Maryville fan but every fan of football, when I say I hope this rivalry continues to have close, hard nosed fought games. The past 3-4 years have really shown why Blount County is where the big boys play.

I think this Alcoa team is better than last years! Maryville looked great as well. Fun game to watch.

Of course I'm not gonna go against my Tornadoes in this contest, but I have a feeling this will be a great game, and there will be points scored

Alcoa- 34

Maryville- 31

Pretty good prediction, eh? GOOOO TORNADOES, and of course from here on out go Rebs!!

HAHA , I remembered your prediction right after the game .... better head to vegas Tom!!

Hello to all the Alcoa fans, I'll put my two cents in from West TN, I think

Alcoa will put the game away late in the 3rd or early in the 4th qtr. Alcoa 31 Mary 14

On another subject, I'm gonna miss going back and forth with Alcoa fans this year, Milan is just too

young this year to get another shot at the gold ball. I really don't see anyone this side of Nashville

having the talent to get to the title game.

AlocaPaintedBridge........Maybe you'll get a chance to rip on the Dogs in a few years.

I'm sure Bulldog fan #2 will close the gap. Good luck this season!!

Milan wouldn't beat Alcoa no time it don't matter about the youth! Nor could anyone else in West Tn in any class! :roflol:

For what it's worth....

Just when I thought I could not be more impressed with V. Hamrick...I heard him interviewed after the game. He impressed the socks off me with his on field abilities. Then, when interviewed, he was very humble, well spoken, gave credit to his team mates, and even complimented Maryville. Classy kid!!! He represented Alcoa very well. The interview took a little sting out of the loss for me. I am a new fan...except week 1 next year, of course.

The game was played tonight and Alcoa won 35-31. I am just guessing here but I would be willing to bet Alcoa rushed for nearly 400 yards as a team tonight. Whoever said their offensive line wouldn't be nearly as good this year as it was last year is crazy. They are very physical up front.

Maryville's passing attack is awesome. They had Alcoa guessing a lot on defense tonight in long yardage situations. When Alcoa's front wasn't getting pressure on the QB he was picking their secondary apart.

The battle in the trenches was won in a big time way by Alcoa tonight though. Maryville's running game was very average at best while Alcoa time after time lined up and rammed the football down the Rebels throats. Hambrick, Warren, Tyson, & Tallent need to take those guys out for pizza tomorrow night.

As a father of one those lineman, I greatly appreciate your comments on the o-line. I really like the idea of somebody else feeding him......

For what it's worth....

Just when I thought I could not be more impressed with V. Hamrick...I heard him interviewed after the game. He impressed the socks off me with his on field abilities. Then, when interviewed, he was very humble, well spoken, gave credit to his team mates, and even complimented Maryville. Classy kid!!! He represented Alcoa very well. The interview took a little sting out of the loss for me. I am a new fan...except week 1 next year, of course.

I felt the same way about Hamrick when I saw that interview , class kid , hard not to pull for him ... geez we got to worry about him again next year too !! Safeties and DB's better have their ankles taped up real good when they try to tackle this young Man .

I felt the same way about Hamrick when I saw that interview , class kid , hard not to pull for him ... geez we got to worry about him again next year too !! Safeties and DB's better have their ankles taped up real good when they try to tackle this young Man .

Yea, I got a good laugh when the reporter ask Vee where he learned to run like that..........His response........."running from my mom, when I got in trouble" :P