TROUSDALE CO. vs GRAVES CO., KY @Mayfield,Ky

Grunt

Not really sure this is worthy of a thread, other than hatin' on the refs, but it's

still a game for the Jackets.

Any thoughts?

Graves is a 6A school, with not much to show on the field, or so I hear.

Of course, with the right help, ( stripes ), really doesn't matter in Ky.

So you guys are playing Graves County....which is the county that Mayfield is in. They will have numbers and size, but from what I have heard....rebuilding. Just make sure the refs aren't from Paducah area...

Supposedly their defense is their best weapon. Typically not hard nosed and play a lot of players

Sometimes their biggest problem is speed. How did you guys get them...why not play Lebanon....about the same size

TC would have preferred to play elsewhere. Finding a school with a matching date, and the

willingness to play is difficult at best.

Lebanon was tried years ago, but they declined.

McK would have been a great choice....maybe down the road sometime.

The TC train is a young one so everyone better get them early before some young guys get experience...By years end the yellow and purple train will be well oiled and ready to make a splash come playloff time...Wish Clint was still pacing the sidelines...He was a doozy to say the least...I think TC squeeks by this one by 7

Not really sure this is worthy of a thread, other than hatin' on the refs, but it's

still a game for the Jackets.

Any thoughts?

Graves is a 6A school, with not much to show on the field, or so I hear.

Of course, with the right help, ( stripes ), really doesn't matter in Ky.

Would you like some cheese with that wine?

Graves is a big school that was solid last year mainly on the defensive side of the ball. They run the wing T on offense. Lost alot to graduation and so far are a unknown. Early rankings do not predict them to have much but given their school size you cant take them for granted. They play in KY's largest class where they usually make playoffs but the watered down system lets just about ever team make the playoffs. They do have numbers but are usually on the slow side but usually have very big physical line play and will run a platoon of hard nosed backs. They pass just enough to kepp you honest but have a new QB who is a unknown. They do have that wing T down pat, a offense I hate. The heat should not be as bad for Saturday (atleast the humidity is not going to be as bad) this will help keep Graves from wearing you down with their numbers which is what they would like to do. Should be a interesting game. I was wanting to see Trousdale play Mayfield again as my Cards return 17 starters from last years team and we are ranked #1 in 1A.

TC would have preferred to play elsewhere. Finding a school with a matching date, and the

willingness to play is difficult at best.

Lebanon was tried years ago, but they declined.

McK would have been a great choice....maybe down the road sometime.

Hey I Will Plant A Seed On This End. :thumb:

Would you like some cheese with that wine?

Graves is a big school that was solid last year mainly on the defensive side of the ball. They run the wing T on offense. Lost alot to graduation and so far are a unknown. Early rankings do not predict them to have much but given their school size you cant take them for granted. They play in KY's largest class where they usually make playoffs but the watered down system lets just about ever team make the playoffs. They do have numbers but are usually on the slow side but usually have very big physical line play and will run a platoon of hard nosed backs. They pass just enough to kepp you honest but have a new QB who is a unknown. They do have that wing T down pat, a offense I hate. The heat should not be as bad for Saturday (atleast the humidity is not going to be as bad) this will help keep Graves from wearing you down with their numbers which is what they would like to do. Should be a interesting game. I was wanting to see Trousdale play Mayfield again as my Cards return 17 starters from last years team and we are ranked #1 in 1A.

I am sure that TC would love to have you come to the Creekbank for a couple of years.....know all about the Mayfield cardinals and their arrogance in football....how many 19 yr olds playing this year?. I am not a TC supporter....but playing in Mayfield and KY(as in vaseline) refs is about like a root canal without painkiller....why dont you schedule them down here......Mayfield is a football factory.....I sure miss those days when those Mayfield freshman would all drive to away games and have full beards unless they shaved every day...and by the way....KY is not as good as TN football......well I could be wrong....when was UK's last win over UT......I believe just before World War II

Edited by bulldog69

The Alliance Bowl switches teams this season and switches stadiums....This season Graves County and Trousdale County open things up at 6pm at War Memorial Stadium in Mayfield...Mayfield will host Trigg County at 8:30pm..Both these teams have a game under their belt..Mayfield beat 6A Marshall County 50-6 while Union City won at Trigg County 42-28...

The Eagles' strong suit will be defense...After 10 regular season games they allowed only 106 points in Ky's largest classification (6A)...They allowed 17 points to 4A state runner-up (14-1) Lone Oak, their lowest output of the season...They allowed only 13 points to 6A quarterfinalist Henderson County, their 3rd lowest output of the year and 28 points to 1A state runner-up (13-2)Mayfield, who scored a school record 601 points in 2009....The problem was with the offense...In the above mentioned games they only scored 20 points themselves...As a matter of fact they only scored 186 points in 11 games during their 7-4 run....They did defeat 3A state champion Paducah Tighlman 26-21....

This season on offense they have 4 senior linemen up front..Their tackles go 6'6" 260 and 6'3" 265..Their guards go 6'0" 225 and 5'11" 230..Their center is 6'0" 240...They return Zach Crawford at RB..He rushed for 1,017 yards on 115 attempts out of the wing-t set...

Defensively, the Eagles will be looking to replace a good portion of their secondary but return three of their leading tacklers from a year ago in their 5-3 set...

I am sure that TC would love to have you come to the Creekbank for a couple of years.....know all about the Mayfield cardinals and their arrogance in football why dont you schedule them down here......Mayfield is a football factory.....

I guess it's safe to say I struck a nerve. Mayfield has been to the Creekbank where the train passes by. In fact we have never lost there or even had a close game there. We have also had 100% success when we have visited Milan having never losts a regular season game to them. Granted we have not visited either in the regular season in about 10 years. In fact, both those programs have suffered setbacks at the hands of Mayfield in state title seasons and I think it has happened twice to TC. Last year TC jumped all over Mayfield in the first quarter then watched as Mayfield rallied back. TC would have hung on if not for a lack of depth. Anybody at that game knew TC was getting smashed late and just had to few fresh players in the heat to stop the Cards come back. Depth is a small school problem for most all small schools. Refs made for a nice excuse though. Oh you are correct in that UT has been vastly superior to UK and I could careless and have no idea what that has to do with this. Heck did you know UK has a better basketball team? I do believe TN HS football is superior to KY HS football overall this year and most years that is the case. Though TN-KY allstar game that TN wisely ended did demonstrate that KY had closed that gap. The wine and cheese was deserved. The reason I posted was to provide some info for TC about Graves so lets get back to that because Mayfield's record against the TN teams they have played stands on its own both in games played in TN and KY.

If there is anything else you guys would like for me to try and answer about Graves fire away. Union City seems to have a pretty good grasps of them. They should not be as good as last year but will still be a tough out.

Edited by ToothPick

Last year TC jumped all over Mayfield in the first quarter then watched as Mayfield rallied back. TC would have hung on if not for a lack of depth. Anybody at that game knew TC was getting smashed late and just had to few fresh players in the heat to stop the Cards come back.

HA!! HA!! Dude we had almost 500 yards rushing against you..by the stats...reallity is we probable had closer to 800 when you give back the yards your stripes took from us. I'd say700-800 yds rushing in 1 game is NOT a depth problem! KY Football is a JOKE!!! Always has been...Always will be. The best players they ever had came fron TN high Schools. Get Real.

The Alliance Bowl switches teams this season and switches stadiums....This season Graves County and Trousdale County open things up at 6pm at War Memorial Stadium in Mayfield...Mayfield will host Trigg County at 8:30pm..Both these teams have a game under their belt..Mayfield beat 6A Marshall County 50-6 while Union City won at Trigg County 42-28...

The Eagles' strong suit will be defense...After 10 regular season games they allowed only 106 points in Ky's largest classification (6A)...They allowed 17 points to 4A state runner-up (14-1) Lone Oak, their lowest output of the season...They allowed only 13 points to 6A quarterfinalist Henderson County, their 3rd lowest output of the year and 28 points to 1A state runner-up (13-2)Mayfield, who scored a school record 601 points in 2009....The problem was with the offense...In the above mentioned games they only scored 20 points themselves...As a matter of fact they only scored 186 points in 11 games during their 7-4 run....They did defeat 3A state champion Paducah Tighlman 26-21....

This season on offense they have 4 senior linemen up front..Their tackles go 6'6" 260 and 6'3" 265..Their guards go 6'0" 225 and 5'11" 230..Their center is 6'0" 240...They return Zach Crawford at RB..He rushed for 1,017 yards on 115 attempts out of the wing-t set...

Defensively, the Eagles will be looking to replace a good portion of their secondary but return three of their leading tacklers from a year ago in their 5-3 set...

We don't care about any of that junk....what we really want to know is who the refs are and there home addresses...please. :twisted: