HALLS VS SEVIER COUNTY

pxtra2010

I agree SCBear, it did get kinda sloppy. Sevier Co should have and easily could have won this game by 50. This is a down year for the normally solid & tough Halls Red Devils. Thru the whole game, even with 2nd & 3rd string in, Halls only had 41 total yards, ouch! One of Halls ealier posts questioned Halls playing SC, this has become a rivalry that I think both teams have enjoyed in the past! The year SC won the State, they lost to a good solid Red Devils team early on. By playing good competition, you get better! Halls, SC, and WB all have good traditions! Just a down year for WB & Halls...WB did bounce back tonight against Karns.

I wish the Red Devils best of Luck the rest of the year! They will be back! They have a real good feeder system in their youth leagues (Teddy Williams team's come to mind!).

SC dropped a TD pass on 1st drive, then after up by 24, the refs started finding their yellow hanky. Some calls were a little questionable, the interfence on Gilly (should have been a no call), it seemed the refs were not going to let this get too ugly, but Brewer has never run the score up on anyone. It just cost the 2nd & 3rd string minutes on the field. Pick-6 was called back, off-sides on KO, I think 3 times, but when Halls was off-sides on KO staring 2nd half by more than 2 yards, ref reached for hanky then let it go. I just saw things a little diferent than the refs.

I think SC is a Good Solid team this year! Better than I expected!! The D is flying around with everyone involved! Once the O gets consistent, tha Bears will be hard to handle! Dakota & Bubba looked good & strong running the ball, & Danny took care of the offense & the ball, except for the punt return.

I am curious to see how we will stack up against better competition! The Conference Season starts next week & whoever wins that game is in the driver's seat between SC & Jeff!

GO SMOKY BEARS!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears came out and looked great in all facets of the game. QB threw sharp passes to wide open receivers, RB's hit holes hard and ran well and 1st team D gave up one first down. Don't know if William Blount just got jumped on early or if Bears are that good but it was great to be wearing purple. Looked like you guys lost a heartbreaker. Hope you take frustration out in 2 weeks instead of this one. Did you all come out pretty healthy?

Well, was hoping you wouldn't be so proud to wear that purple this week but looks like you are. Can only say congrats to you guys on a 31-0 win.

I think we have to hit rock bottom but it's sad nevertheless. Halls Football these past three years have been very hard to watch. It seems like the joy isn't there and I'm not wanting to be a negative poster so I elect not to post in the frequency as I did in the past.

The main point of my view I will leave you with are other district programs moving in a much better direction than ours? I have to say yes in nearly every case. I feel for the players.

ZCAR, You make a very good point. Of the other district teams Powell, Oak Ridge, AC, Central (after last night), Karns (letting go of their head coach), Clinton (great season last year), Hardin Valley all seem to be at least making a effot to move in the right direction. Halls and CC not at all. CC just do not have players. Halls has had them just do nothing with them. It has to be frustrating if you travel and watch them every week.

ZCAR, You make a very good point. Of the other district teams Powell, Oak Ridge, AC, Central (after last night), Karns (letting go of their head coach), Clinton (great season last year), Hardin Valley all seem to be at least making a effot to move in the right direction. Halls and CC not at all. CC just do not have players. Halls has had them just do nothing with them. It has to be frustrating if you travel and watch them every week.

I agreed with your earlier post. Talent rotates in cycles. Halls has had great athletes in the past in the football arena but the team spirit has been deflated perhaps due to the heavy loss count the previous two years. We were in total meltdown last year before finally a more open offense beat teams we should beat by halftime and took the close game hurts away. It was good to see the smiling faces back. Julian puts a great defense together when he has the talent but offensively he struggles to find a good healthy mix. I fear with the running game at a standstill Halls will fail miserably. We are not Webb or Catholic as we don't possess huge lineman or the big fullback. Three scat backs leave little to the imagination. I feel Coffman would thrive in a more open minded system.

I'm glad we are getting tv media attention this Thursday but are we running into a offensive juggernaut(80+ points in two games) called Powell? I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the West game in 2006. Pouring over film and finding an Achilles heel requires hard work I hope the offensive staff is up to it this week. Lets get the players, coaches and fans having a good feeling about improvement it doesn't always mean a W in the win column but what is necessary is passion to execute.

Just because we lost our 2 best coaches; doesn't make us a band school.

I agree losing two of our best coaches to the other side of Black Oak Ridge was a detrimental loss to the Red Devils. Although there is still a few good coaches at Halls including Coach Hurst, Coach Qualls, and Coach Lane. Kevian Julian is also a good defensive coordinator but has not been able to give the Red Devils a chance to win offensively since fall of 2008 when the team went 4-6. I know that Julian is not the offensive coordinator but he is the head coach and it is his job to assemble the best coaching staff that he can to give our boys a chance to win. In the 2008 and 2009 season Halls had some of the best talent in Knoxville and that talent went down the drain due to offensive play calling. We all know some crucial changes need to be made on that coaching staff soon or else Halls will suffer much worse in the future and football won't even be something to talk about when Halls is mentioned. They will be nothing more than what Gibbs used to be year after year.

To go back to my previous post, I agree that band does not need to be discussed on a football board. I was trying to spark a conversation as to what is going on in Halls. I believe that discussion has began. Looking from the outside in, it is obvious something needs to be done. Halls is not discussed a traditional power anymore. It is not due to lack of talent. What is the problem then? Is it offensive scheme? If so, what is Halls waiting on? Are they waiting for their best kids to transfer to other schools and be irrelevant? If that happens then yes Halls will be a fine arts and baseball school, that is if the baseball players do not start leaving because they would like to play football as well. They better be ready for Thurs night. If not getting beat on TV and not even being in the game will hurt keeping some of the future Red Devils in Halls. They could very well be Eagles, Panthers, or jump the ridge as it seems some of the coaches did.

I agree losing two of our best coaches to the other side of Black Oak Ridge was a detrimental loss to the Red Devils. Although there is still a few good coaches at Halls including Coach Hurst, Coach Qualls, and Coach Lane. Kevian Julian is also a good defensive coordinator but has not been able to give the Red Devils a chance to win offensively since fall of 2008 when the team went 4-6. I know that Julian is not the offensive coordinator but he is the head coach and it is his job to assemble the best coaching staff that he can to give our boys a chance to win. In the 2008 and 2009 season Halls had some of the best talent in Knoxville and that talent went down the drain due to offensive play calling. We all know some crucial changes need to be made on that coaching staff soon or else Halls will suffer much worse in the future and football won't even be something to talk about when Halls is mentioned. They will be nothing more than what Gibbs used to be year after year.

:roflol:

This is exactly the reason they play the game and it isn't a beauty contest. 8-12 and no playoff appearances. Coaching on the offense could be part of the problem but not all of it.