The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

All that needs to be said is the PIRATES is the only team in Marion County and will destroy Jasper this week. I would almost bet we will not even get the jasper fans to come down the road to even set through this beat down. Do you think that coach up there in jasper is thinking it was better to be a assistant for the Pirates than the top dog for jasper?

I have no idea what Opie (Old Pirate - O.P.) is talking about. But I'm pulling for the Pirates in the SECOND best rivalry in Tennessee. :ph34r:

121096510v2_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

Unless, you rivalry has had the National Guard out to break up the game day parade, you don't have a rivalry in this category. Unless, the state government has had to intervene, you rivalry is just a spirited football game. :thumb: These people are kin to each other.

You know I started thinking about how lucky we are as pirate fans...We are a little spoiled..Think about it..every year we expect to win a state title or the season is a failure...and if we do not get the mercy rule and beat someone by 35 we think we did horrible...Alot of teams would love to win by 1 much less 35+ like the pirates do in most weeks...something to think about

I made it to Pikeville last night to grace everyone with my presence, but didn't get there until kickoff. The young lads from Pikeville made the young lads from Marion look bad. That number 22 ran the ball well last night. As for this game at Phillips Beene Stadium, I hope the young lads wearing purple are coached better this week. I thought Marion got rid of the extra baggage coaches they have had in recent years. From the way they looked last night some of them must still be there. As usual I will be on the track by the concession stand if anyone wants a autograph from The Living Legend. It will be good to get another glimpse of the young lads in black. That #11 is very close to achieving legend status as well as that lineman #76. Those young lads are on the verge.

Unless, you rivalry has had the National Guard out to break up the game day parade, you don't have a rivalry in this category. Unless, the state government has had to intervene, you rivalry is just a spirited football game. :thumb: These people are kin to each other.

I guess you are right. We've only got 22 State Championships between us and our rival.

Red Rebel, were talking about a rivalry in a small town football atmosphere. One school with 450 students and one school with 225 is our point. For two schools this small. WOW! The state's oldest running consecutive rivalry doesn't get much better. I agree the Alcoa and Maryville rivalry is huge as well, but it is involving larger schools and communities. This rivalry and the crowds at these games are unreal for such small communties.

KL says it has been around 24 hrs since Jasper Pitt week started and not one Jasper poster has made even a little post about the game. This is going to be an awful boring week on the this thread this week. I can remember this thread being 50 and 60 pages before. Guess I will just have to talk to the new Pirate posters, OP, zonepirate, ambassador, powerp, sportman, piratemike and tom. Geese wont even be able to do any cage rattling. Come on out Purplegrad, Bill49, Mrs GB, diehardpurple, marion madness, TTP, BigJ.

Edited by THE KING LEON

I AM GONNA TELL ALL YALL PIRATE PEOPLE SOMETHING. I AM A SENIOR AT MARION THIS YEAR AND I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL BUT I DO PLAY ANOTHER SPORT. I KNOW ALL THE GUYS PERSONALLY AND I KNOW FOR DANG SURE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN AGAINST NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH AND SEE IF MARION IS NOT EVEN BEATING PITTSBURG AFTER THE FIRST HALF!!! NOW AS FOR THE COMPLETE GAME PITTSBURG MAY WIN BUT IT DEFINITILY WILL NOT BE A BLOWOUT LIKE A BUNCH OF YALL WAHOO PIRATE FANS ARE PREDICITING. THE WARRIORS WILL COME OUT AND SUPRISE ALOT OF PEOPLE FRIDAY NIGHT SO ALL FANS COME OUT TO THE GAME CHEER THE BOYS ON AND LETS TRY AND KICK SOME PIRATE BUTT!!!!!!! SOUTH PITT COME GET YOU SOME OF THIS PURPLESTREAK FROM MARION...............JUST DONT CRY WHEN YOU GET RAN OVER!!!!!!IT WILL BE A DOG FIGHT

I AM GONNA TELL ALL YALL PIRATE PEOPLE SOMETHING. I AM A SENIOR AT MARION THIS YEAR AND I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL BUT I DO PLAY ANOTHER SPORT. I KNOW ALL THE GUYS PERSONALLY AND I KNOW FOR DANG SURE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN AGAINST NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH AND SEE IF MARION IS NOT EVEN BEATING PITTSBURG AFTER THE FIRST HALF!!! NOW AS FOR THE COMPLETE GAME PITTSBURG MAY WIN BUT IT DEFINITILY WILL NOT BE A BLOWOUT LIKE A BUNCH OF YALL WAHOO PIRATE FANS ARE PREDICITING. THE WARRIORS WILL COME OUT AND SUPRISE ALOT OF PEOPLE FRIDAY NIGHT SO ALL FANS COME OUT TO THE GAME CHEER THE BOYS ON AND LETS TRY AND KICK SOME PIRATE BUTT!!!!!!! SOUTH PITT COME GET YOU SOME OF THIS PURPLESTREAK FROM MARION...............JUST DONT CRY WHEN YOU GET RAN OVER!!!!!!IT WILL BE A DOG FIGHT

KL says that is one Warrior fan that has went and filled that prescription for his rose colored glasses. KL is just glad that a Warrior fan has finally made a post.

Uncle Dave says you must have been drinking that purple koolade before you made this post. This is not like the Jasper teams that SP has seen in the past....this team is young, small, and just does not have enough athletes to play with the Pirates. The JV Pirate team could beat the Warriors on Friday night....definitely would be a better game than the varsity will be. The only chance the Warriors would have of winning this game is if Eric Westmoreland suited up. I for one have enjoyed the beatdowns the last few years and just can't wait to take my seat Friday night and watch another one. What will this make....4 years in a row???

Edited by UncleDave

I am going to steal a quote from the movie "Coming to America" that goes perfect for the above statement..........."Boy you must be outa yo mind" :roflol: