The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

This was a real good game. I met some of my buddies and we read in my book and had a few red bulls. Let me ask you a question. Why does Grider not let that #77 dress out. That is a big ole boy and we could use him on the line. He could knock a hole. I garuntee you that. Grider needs to put him in the game. You think im joking but im not.

Great game last night! 64-0 is beautiful! Good job on Reynolds and Hale's part, I hear a legend status being announced

I did make the blowout last night but a little late, and I saw exactatly what I thought I'd see, the pirates are a very good football team ! I hate that I didn't get to meet some of you coacht'rs but didn't know I was coming til late, now to the game if you can call it that, my intentions are to not offend anyone but the Jasper team was a very very weak opponent, I really feel bad for those guys cause it's gonna b a reallllly long year for them, I was impressed by the poise of the pirate Qb and his play, look to have a hold on everything, rb's run really hard and a line that looked seasoned, now my intentions are not to ruffle any feathers but cmon guys, as adults fans and coaches are we not to be good examples of character, ones integrity, and respect of your fellow man ? This is in reference to the intended disrespect of a group of not so tallented teenagers, I'm not saying lay down either and yes the Jasper coaches and players need to strive to improve, but jus to continue to intentionally keep starters in and going for two every time when the outcome of the game is comfortably in hand, where I'm from this is very classless, maybe there is something between these two communities that I'm not aware of, but respect and sportsmanship should be shown to our youth especially us as adults as role models and leaders of our atheletic programs. Yes coach Grider has maintained a legacy in his father and has had some pretty stout teams no doubt ! You as fathers, fans or coaches let me ask you this, what wud be your thoughts of someone intentionally beating down your son or daughter ? Hmm ! What kind of mental thoughts are we teaching these young men that one day will join society with us, ask yourself what kind of respect, character and integrity have I taught them. Again my intentions are not to offend anyone and hope to meet some of you guys one day to which I've met alot of good people because of coacht, and my wish to the Pirates, fans, parents, coach Grider and staff is not to ruin the legacy that has been built there, as I end most of my post, good luck to all those who strap it up every fri nt, without you guys we would have no Friday night lights ! Good luck to the pirates and hopefully we will see ya in early Dec

I did make the blowout last night but a little late, and I saw exactatly what I thought I'd see, the pirates are a very good football team ! I hate that I didn't get to meet some of you coacht'rs but didn't know I was coming til late, now to the game if you can call it that, my intentions are to not offend anyone but the Jasper team was a very very weak opponent, I really feel bad for those guys cause it's gonna b a reallllly long year for them, I was impressed by the poise of the pirate Qb and his play, look to have a hold on everything, rb's run really hard and a line that looked seasoned, now my intentions are not to ruffle any feathers but cmon guys, as adults fans and coaches are we not to be good examples of character, ones integrity, and respect of your fellow man ? This is in reference to the intended disrespect of a group of not so tallented teenagers, I'm not saying lay down either and yes the Jasper coaches and players need to strive to improve, but jus to continue to intentionally keep starters in and going for two every time when the outcome of the game is comfortably in hand, where I'm from this is very classless, maybe there is something between these two communities that I'm not aware of, but respect and sportsmanship should be shown to our youth especially us as adults as role models and leaders of our atheletic programs. Yes coach Grider has maintained a legacy in his father and has had some pretty stout teams no doubt ! You as fathers, fans or coaches let me ask you this, what wud be your thoughts of someone intentionally beating down your son or daughter ? Hmm ! What kind of mental thoughts are we teaching these young men that one day will join society with us, ask yourself what kind of respect, character and integrity have I taught them. Again my intentions are not to offend anyone and hope to meet some of you guys one day to which I've met alot of good people because of coacht, and my wish to the Pirates, fans, parents, coach Grider and staff is not to ruin the legacy that has been built there, as I end most of my post, good luck to all those who strap it up every fri nt, without you guys we would have no Friday night lights ! Good luck to the pirates and hopefully we will see ya in early Dec

JBalum,

KL would like to enlighten you on this rivalry. This is the longest running rivalry in the state. There is some hostility between these two coaches. Unfortunately we are a young team. Many of our starters are 10th graders. The kid that scored the last touchdown was a freshman. It is their job to stop us. We can't just take a knee three plays and punt when the game gets out of hand. KL also noticed many Marion players not hustling and not giving effort. Our next option was to suit the cheerleaders up and put them in the game.

boooohoooohooooohooooboooohoooooobooooohooooooboooooohooooooo :roflolk:

JBA, I'm a disgusted old Pirate fan who dragged hisself out to last nights game just to leave during the second half with a sack over his head. If your post reflects how most JB fans conduct themselves I think I just found me another team to pull for. Jabbering and jawing on these boards is one thing but deliberately humiliating another teams players and coaches just ain't classy. I'm thinking maybe after ole Vic blows another season later this year maybe its time to call on Old Pirate for a coaching change. We got the wrong Grider in charge.

UncleDave agrees with KL. Our quarterback is a senior but has not had alot of game experience. I thought Coach Grider's decision to leave him in was justified...he got a lot of reps and I think it will help him down the road.

And yes, you evidently are not aware of how big this rivalry is to both communities. SP never beat Jasper the whole time I was in high school and we had to hear their big mouths back then. One thing about it though...they never beat us down. Every game was competitive....there have been several the last few years that have not been. Like it has been said several times....it is the other team's job to stop your offense.

I also thought the Pirates looked crisper on the offensive side of the ball than they did last week. I think this bunch...if they keep their head on straight will be a well oiled machine by the end of the season.

Old Pirate says CONGRATS to the Pirates on the big win over the Warriors..... Old Pirate don't ritely understand how some folkes feel the Warriors played without intensity, OP disagrees.. The Warriors had to know they were playing a team that was heavily favored......

Congrats to all the youngons for playing hard and showing good sportsmanship. :thumb: Least ways figure it's time to move on.

Old Pirate every once in awHilE you cAn posT some stuff tHat makes sense. (Almost forgot.....G) I put alot of those little dots to coveR the jIbberish stuff. That last sentence says a lot about you if folks will just reaD a littlE between the lines. aRe you supportive of blowout wins like this? I'm wondering if it ain't about time for SP to get a head coach with just a mite more class. Maybe its time you stepped up. Al understands them CAPITAL letters.

Old Pirate every once in awHilE you cAn posT some stuff tHat makes sense. (Almost forgot.....G) I put alot of those little dots to coveR the jIbberish stuff. That last sentence says a lot about you if folks will just reaD a littlE between the lines. aRe you supportive of blowout wins like this? I'm wondering if it ain't about time for SP to get a head coach with just a mite more class. Maybe its time you stepped up. Al understands them CAPITAL letters.

:popcorneater:

Ok first things first. The young lads at South Pittsburg complete dismantled the young lads from Marion. Good job. However I have never been so ashamed of being a Marion alumni. These young lads weren't prepared to play in this game. They played with no desire, heart or determination. Once the game was decided they did not fight on. They simply quit. Two years ago I gave legend status to Boeck on the run to the semifinals. I now understand it was a mistake and nothing more than beginners luck. I am officially stripping Boeck of the legend status he achieved on a judgement in error by myself. Even the great one such as myself makes mistakes. Young lads not competing is on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Boeck did not have our young lads prepared and it showed. Losing is one thing but not competing and total lack of team discipline is another. I will be watching the young lads from South Pittsburg for the remainder of this season. I will not give my support and money to the program that I love until a change is made.

Dad burnit, theys a whole bunch whining on this thread. Now since some you folkes a stirring the pot, here are a few facts. Jasper has never let up on the Pirates whether it be on the futeball field, basketball court, softball field, baseball field or anything else. Yes theys plenty of SP remembers Jasper having starters in up 4 tds with 3 minutes to go. These kin folkes jest live to ear hole the other. It jest happens to be Jasper's turn and most likely will be the same for a few years.

OP will add a tad of thought here to you folkes that are whining.

1. Your son is a senior QB and has started 3 games and is playing their arch rival. DO YOU or him want him to play 2 qts? Heck NO........that goes for any other player or position.

2. You as a coach has got a LB-not a kicker attempting somehow learn to kick it straight for 20 yds and thus far has not been consistant. Do you continue this practice or go old school and work on the 2 point plays that could and will make a difference when the game is on the line? EXAMPLE TITLE GAME LAST YEAR,Trousdale game in 98. This OP would go for 2 EVERY TIME........You should be able to git 3yds

3. OP didn't see Jasper JV in the game even after the SP JV went in.

4. OP says for you SP folkes that feel embarrassed.......git over it. These seniors and starters have earned the right to play the majority of the game regardless of the score.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Ok first things first. The young lads at South Pittsburg complete dismantled the young lads from Marion. Good job. However I have never been so ashamed of being a Marion alumni. These young lads weren't prepared to play in this game. They played with no desire, heart or determination. Once the game was decided they did not fight on. They simply quit. Two years ago I gave legend status to Boeck on the run to the semifinals. I now understand it was a mistake and nothing more than beginners luck. I am officially stripping Boeck of the legend status he achieved on a judgement in error by myself. Even the great one such as myself makes mistakes. Young lads not competing is on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Boeck did not have our young lads prepared and it showed. Losing is one thing but not competing and total lack of team discipline is another. I will be watching the young lads from South Pittsburg for the remainder of this season. I will not give my support and money to the program that I love until a change is made.

Quoted for truth. :thumb: