The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Jasper has had there time and day. They just didnt reload as fast and as much.. I believe thats what happens when you try to replace a legend Coach. NO ONE will ever replace Coach C. replacing Coach's everytime you have a bad year or two is not a very smart thing to do.. and now Jasper is reaping what it sewed.. My opinion only. Leave boeck alone and in 2 or 3 years Jasper will be atop again... im just saying. . PS what the heck is all this 3rd person talking on CoachT. geeesh Grow some people...

Actually, you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, but then you are a Jasper graduate. :roflol: The classifications at the time were A, AA, and AAA, NOT 1a, 2a, 3a, etc. unless you were from Stevenson or Bridgeport. Go look on the trophies and see what they say.

Edit: A was pronounced single A, AA was pronounced double A, and AAA was pronounced triple A. Grade school dismissed.

Wow... It's amazing but not unexepected.. the only thing that you can argue with me about from that time frame is a technicality.. KL is absolutely correct!! I stand corrected.. In 1982 Marion County High School was "single A" or "A" and not 1A and in 1984 Marion County High School was "double AA" or "AA" and not 2A as was previously posted by me. In any case, technicalities aside, HowiePirate was incorrect to make the statement that Marion County High School was 3A (his notation) or "triple A" or "AAA" (KL's notations) to justify his losing years... :thumb: Whew! Are we on the same page now KL?

Sounds like your from Jasper or Whitwell and have experienced the last 15-25 years!!!

The paper this morning said 43-38-4 all-time in favor of SP.. Don't sound like a whole lot of domination by either side to me.. and if you know anything at all about high school sports, these up-trends run in spurts.. the technical term is cyclical... If you have watched the Little Leagues and the Middle School, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which way the cycle is turning... My guess is that 15-25 years from now the overall record will still be close but will have swung back into Marion County's favor...

Wow... It's amazing but not unexepected.. the only thing that you can argue with me about from that time frame is a technicality.. KL is absolutely correct!! I stand corrected.. In 1982 Marion County High School was "single A" or "A" and not 1A and in 1984 Marion County High School was "double AA" or "AA" and not 2A as was previously posted by me. In any case, technicalities aside, HowiePirate was incorrect to make the statement that Marion County High School was 3A (his notation) or "triple A" or "AAA" (KL's notations) to justify his losing years... :thumb: Whew! Are we on the same page now KL?

My point about the classification scheme, whether a technicality or not is that playing a AAA school in 1982 would be Baylor, McCallie, Oak Ridge, Maryville etc. and AA would be Alcoa, Kingston, Austin-East and so forth. For one of the smallest A schools, that technicality could be a big one, i.e. a AAA would be more like the current 4a and 5a skrewls. :thumb:

I rode by that field today around 3:30 just to see what was going on and that field looked wet. Let me ask you a question. Why in the world did Grider turn on the sprinklers right before this game? I garuntee you that is just going to slow our boys down. Grider should know that.

Edited by Roy Dillard

It is good to see another legend like purplegrad on the board. I have been curious where that young lad has been lately. Purplegead, you and others come down to the track and let me grace you with my presence. It's been awhile since you had that opportunity.

Well this may b a little off topic but I'm on the way down to the Pitt to see tha pirates perform, I hope Roy is there so I can sign his book, all you coacht'rs I'd like to meet some of ya, give me a location to meet up with some of u guys, I will have red checkered shorts, grey Jo Byrns shirt on