The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Someone was getting on to HowiePirate earlier in this thread about never beating MC. Well, the ones that post on here from MC probably has kids that play for MC, and well... what goes around come around. Not bashing the kids, but the whining has got to stop.

OUR JV (FRESHMAN) STOPPED YOUR VARSITY ON THE GOALINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Well, im glad that Grider turning on the sprinklers before the game didn't hurt us last night. I thought it might just slow our boys down. Let me ask you a question. Why does Grider not play #77? He is a big ole boy that looks real strong. I garuntee you that he could knock a hole in the line for our runners to run through. You think im joking but im not.

Old Pirate jest got the SS (skillet slinger) fed, hopefully she's too full and OP can get some much needed rest tonite. Figure this to be the last post on this thread with a new challenge facing the Pirates. But OP is a tad concerned them Jasper folkes has been reading too much of ole Roy's posts. Yous know about gitting strong, wearing them ther ankle weights and all...Roy, Let OP ask yous a question, don't yous think yous need to be a tad more discriptive with your recommendations? OP says it looked as if them purple clad coaches failed to tell them youngons to remove them before the game. Yous thinks OP is joking........OP ain't joking either.. :roflol:

I did make the blowout last night but a little late, and I saw exactatly what I thought I'd see, the pirates are a very good football team ! I hate that I didn't get to meet some of you coacht'rs but didn't know I was coming til late, now to the game if you can call it that, my intentions are to not offend anyone but the Jasper team was a very very weak opponent, I really feel bad for those guys cause it's gonna b a reallllly long year for them, I was impressed by the poise of the pirate Qb and his play, look to have a hold on everything, rb's run really hard and a line that looked seasoned, now my intentions are not to ruffle any feathers but cmon guys, as adults fans and coaches are we not to be good examples of character, ones integrity, and respect of your fellow man ? This is in reference to the intended disrespect of a group of not so tallented teenagers, I'm not saying lay down either and yes the Jasper coaches and players need to strive to improve, but jus to continue to intentionally keep starters in and going for two every time when the outcome of the game is comfortably in hand, where I'm from this is very classless, maybe there is something between these two communities that I'm not aware of, but respect and sportsmanship should be shown to our youth especially us as adults as role models and leaders of our atheletic programs. Yes coach Grider has maintained a legacy in his father and has had some pretty stout teams no doubt ! You as fathers, fans or coaches let me ask you this, what wud be your thoughts of someone intentionally beating down your son or daughter ? Hmm ! What kind of mental thoughts are we teaching these young men that one day will join society with us, ask yourself what kind of respect, character and integrity have I taught them. Again my intentions are not to offend anyone and hope to meet some of you guys one day to which I've met alot of good people because of coacht, and my wish to the Pirates, fans, parents, coach Grider and staff is not to ruin the legacy that has been built there, as I end most of my post, good luck to all those who strap it up every fri nt, without you guys we would have no Friday night lights ! Good luck to the pirates and hopefully we will see ya in early Dec

You don't have the perspective on this thing AT ALL. Big Brother got his tail kicked by little Johnny last night. Jasper is 2x the size of SP and has used that in the past to win several close games over the years. The Pirate-Warrior class is intense because there are so many people related to each other in both towns and associated areas. Plus they have been playing ever since both schools have had teams. Lastly, Jasper shouldn't give up so many long runs and big pass plays if the plan on hanging around to win it in the end on a "chump play" like they have a few times over the years. That's what happens to a good samaritan team, you get beat by a chump team down the line.

You people on here that say Coach Boeck needs to be fired are out of your minds. His first year as head coach at Marion County he started off the season with a bad loss to SP and then lost to Boyd on a 2 point conversion. I'm sure people were ready to fire him after the 0 and 2 start in 08. But Boeck and that senior group that year was able to pull the team together and have a great year finishing with a record of 11-3. He took the Warriors to the semifinals, MC hasn't seen the semis since the 90's come on now people. Boeck had a pretty good group of athletic players and one guy that really stood out and was the heart and soul of the team, but that is the case of every team that has success. MC really to be honest has maybe one real athlete on the team and the rest are just your ordinary average high school players. Its hard for any coach to take what Boeck has been given and repeat the success that he had in 08. Ask pirate fans they know, when vick didn't have athletes all over the place and just had one or two stand out players it was a long season for them. MC just doesn't have any athletes right now, and the coach can't help if the kids lay down or not. We all know as past players that heart is either something you have or you don't. As far as the running up the score on vick's part, this is nothing new but I feel it goes half and half. The team that is getting beat has to find it in them to step up and stop getting pushed around, but on the other hand you hate to see kids get the score run up on them. Some place down the road Vick will get his, what comes around goes around

OMG!! what Game did yall attend? Wait first of all replacing Boeck already is whats wrong with MC now. you cant Replace a Coach after a bad year it takes Time. geesh. and another thing that has me shaking my head. is class????? what game was you gusy watching? ok lets str8in this out!!!!! Travis our Qb was replaced by Stone. he got hurt and Travis went back in. #11 Hale was replaced by #24 our 2nd string brusier. he could be a dominant 1st stringer anywere. Hale was replaced because he was cramping all night then #24 he was replaced by a freshman phoenom #6. and a 2nd and part 3rd string on defense. how is that not Class.. Yes i understand you have a problem with us passing ahead 42-0 but if we lay down and take a knee when do we get game time experience for our QB for upcoming tough Games????? I have an Idea next time where up 42-0 at halftime we will pick a cheerleader and let her take over and then you will gripe we were classless for your guys looking at her @ss. GEEEsh. People we only have 40 something kids on our team.. what do you want??? ohh and as far as the 2 point conversions that never happened untill we miss a point after attemp then he goes in all 2point mode.. Im starting to Think Vic is actually Learning some things.. Pour it on and let God sort it out.. worry about SPitt and let the other Teams worry about how they handle defeat.. get our boys playing time and win that Gold.. Good Job VIC!!!! PS! wasnt it just 2 years ago a new Coach name Boeck took Marion County deep into the Playoffs and he was a god send. now that the talent isnt there you want to replace him>? get real

Edited by Geno
  • Upvote 2

I'm not mad because this is the greatest rival in Tennessee and if your a competitor you want to beat your rival as bad as possible. Also as OP said SP has been on the losing side of the beat down in the past also. Just hope to see those kids from MC can find it in them to not give up in future games and finish the season out with the best effort they have. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.

OMG!! what Game did yall attend? Wait first of all replacing Boeck already is whats wrong with MC now. you cant Replace a Coach after a bad year it takes Time. geesh. and another thing that has me shaking my head. is class????? what game was you gusy watching? ok lets str8in this out!!!!! Travis our Qb was replaced by Stone. he got hurt and Travis went back in. #11 Hale was replaced by #24 our 2nd string brusier. he could be a dominant 1st stringer anywere. Hale was replaced because he was cramping all night then #24 he was replaced by a freshman phoenom #6. and a 2nd and part 3rd string on defense. how is that not Class.. Yes i understand you have a problem with us passing ahead 42-0 but if we lay down and take a knee when do we get game time experience for our QB for upcoming tough Games????? I have an Idea next time where up 42-0 at halftime we will pick a cheerleader and let her take over and then you will gripe we were classless for your guys looking at her @ss. GEEEsh. People we only have 40 something kids on our team.. what do you want??? ohh and as far as the 2 point conversions that never happed untill we miss a point after attemp then he goes in all 2point mode.. Im starting to Think Vic is actually Learning soem things.. Pour it on and let Gid sort it out.. worry about SPitt and let the other Teams worry about how they handle defeat.. get our boys playing time and win thet Gold.. Good Job VIC!!!! PS! wasnt it just 2 years ago a new Coach name Boeck took Marion County deep into the Playoffs and he was a god send. now that the talent isnt there you want to replace him>? get real

You MC fans that want to replace Boeck need to listen to Geno, he was a god two years ago when he was doing fine. That is one thing I have to give you SP fans credit for, you guys have stuck by vick through his good and bad years and his good years that you guys should have won a state but didn't due to his lack of coaching. Hopefully MC will stick behind Boeck and give him time to get the program rolling again.

Boeck has still been stripped of legend status. Coaches must instill in young lads to carry the fight. Marion had Muir a few years ago. He was a young lad that achieved legend status and carried his team. Marion has one living legend still walking the sidelines. I suggest Boeck gives the controls to him and let him teach him a few things.