Henry County @ Kenwood

RedSwarm10

Okay, big win for the Patriots against Humboldt. Next up is the Kenwood Knights. They are coming off of a huge 52-34 win against Kentucky 2A state power Fort Campbell. Apparently they are a much improved squad from last year from the looks of that score. Should provide HC with yet another good test. Really looking forward to this one. Thoughts?

Edited by RedSwarm10

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, big win for the Patriots against Humboldt. Next up is the Kenwood Knights. I know absolutely nothing about them or how their season has gone thus far. All I know is that we beat them last year 46-6. And it's very hard to lose to a team by 40 and then turn around the next year and win. Therefore, I'm expecting a pretty convincing Patriot victory.

Anyone out there with any info about Kenwood feel free to enlighten me. I'd love to see if they've improved and in what areas. I know last year we basically just threw the football down the field all night on them. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Shonte had 3 TD passes of 50 yards or longer and it was a running clock through much of the second half. I don't know that either of our QB's has an arm like Shonte, so how's the run defense?

I'd just like to get some thoughts, opinions, and perspective on who we're playing. Have at it.

Kenwood rather handily beat Fort Campbell, Ky. who has had a very spectacular recent history. We wil have to work hard this week to get ready for a much improved team.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Kenwood rather handily beat Fort Campbell, Ky. who has had a very spectacular recent history. We wil have to work hard this week to get ready for a much improved team.

GO BIG RED

Olddevil, I agree with you! Wow..any team that can score 52 points against the Falcons is a very good football team! This will not be the "same ole" Kenwood Knights that we have grown accustom to seeing! As you of all people know, our country is not experiencing "peacetime"..therefore, Ft. Campbell should still be a force in that part of Kentucky given the number of kids near the base. I haven't seen any of the tape nor have I talked to anyone who has..but..this may/will be a different Kenwood squad with a much different attitude!

Olddevil, I agree with you! Wow..any team that can score 52 points against the Falcons is a very good football team! This will not be the "same ole" Kenwood Knights that we have grown accustom to seeing! As you of all people know, our country is not experiencing "peacetime"..therefore, Ft. Campbell should still be a force in that part of Kentucky given the number of kids near the base. I haven't seen any of the tape nor have I talked to anyone who has..but..this may/will be a different Kenwood squad with a much different attitude!

I don't know much about Kenwood! It being played in Kenwood maybe a little tough! But i don't think that Kenwood has the athletes nor the size and depth of HC! I feel HC will win this game by at least 10 points! Good luck to HC!! :thumb:

I don't know much about Kenwood! It being played in Kenwood maybe a little tough! But i don't think that Kenwood has the athletes nor the size and depth of HC! I feel HC will win this game by at least 10 points! Good luck to HC!! :thumb:

Zebra...I enjoy many of your posts..however, I don't think I can agree with you when you say that you don't think Kenwood has the athletes nor the size of HC. Remember, we are talking about Clarksville. Yes, the talent is spread across 8 different High Schools (9 if you count Ft. Campbell) but Kenwood has great size and several athletes and will be every bit as "athletic" as the Patriots. If HC is to win, it will be due to great preparation, film study, limiting turnovers(as they did against Humboldt), reducing penalties, and the defense being in the right place at the right time! I like the Patriot's chances this week BUT I am also excited to see a better Kenwood Knight team competing in District 10-AAA! It is a great district when the Clarksville schools are more competitive!

Not to knock Kenwood b/c they very well still may be really good, but I would not put too much stock in their win against FC. This is their 2nd loss in as many weeks and the Falcons appear to be somewhat down this year. I believe they lost alot of talent from last years squad due to graduation, moving, redeployment, or what have you. Good win for Kenwood but the jury is still out on how good of a team they are this year.....

Edited by Kevin38

Dude, or whoever you are, Ft. Campbell has been raiding the talent in CLarksville for years. All you have to do is get "on" the waiting list for housing on base and you can go to that school. Ask many people and you will find that they have, oops better not say that "R" word, when it comes to some of the talent in Clarksville. All I have to say is that What goes around, comes around sooner or later. As for Kenwood, the have a renewed attitude under the leadership of Bauer. I do recall a few years ago when the mighty HC was supposed to whip Kenwood by 40 points at halftime only to be outdone in overtime! Do not count out the Knights!

Dude, or whoever you are, Ft. Campbell has been raiding the talent in CLarksville for years. All you have to do is get "on" the waiting list for housing on base and you can go to that school. Ask many people and you will find that they have, oops better not say that "R" word, when it comes to some of the talent in Clarksville. All I have to say is that What goes around, comes around sooner or later. As for Kenwood, the have a renewed attitude under the leadership of Bauer. I do recall a few years ago when the mighty HC was supposed to whip Kenwood by 40 points at halftime only to be outdone in overtime! Do not count out the Knights!

Dude? really?, maybe you need to re-read my post, particularity the part where I said "they may very well be really good this year", which does not imply I am counting them out. Also, from what I have seen of Clarksville/Montgomery Co. football of late, I would want to play for Ft.Campbell too. If their parents are in the military then that is their right to play there. Furthermore, if their parents are in the military they really are not from TN at all which means they are not stealing Clarksville talent.Why dont you get a clue and quit acting like a tool.....

IMO, even if Fort Campbell is down this year, that's still a very impressive win for Kenwood. If I'm not mistaken, Fort Campbell beat Kenwood 52-0 last season. And if they did lose some talent, I highly doubt they got THAT much worse. I mean look at us, we lost 18 starters from last year and yet we still look pretty good. And we're not a 3 time defending state champion like Ft. Campbell.

Is there anyone out there who's close to the Kenwood program? I'd like to know about their size, depth, and speed. I read in the leaf chronicle that they have a really big and good center. He's something like 370 pounds and is pushing 6'6". Other than that, I really haven't heard much out of Kenwood this year, as with most of the Clarksville schools.

IMO, even if Fort Campbell is down this year, that's still a very impressive win for Kenwood. If I'm not mistaken, Fort Campbell beat Kenwood 52-0 last season. And if they did lose some talent, I highly doubt they got THAT much worse. I mean look at us, we lost 18 starters from last year and yet we still look pretty good. And we're not a 3 time defending state champion like Ft. Campbell.

Is there anyone out there who's close to the Kenwood program? I'd like to know about their size, depth, and speed. I read in the leaf chronicle that they have a really big and good center. He's something like 370 pounds and is pushing 6'6". Other than that, I really haven't heard much out of Kenwood this year, as with most of the Clarksville schools.

Oh yeah I definitely agree w/ your assessment, plus FC's 1st loss was against CPA who is suppose to have a really good squad this year. Kenwood has had to have gotten better, I am just not sure to what extent. They must have gotten their numbers up b/c they took a big hit w/ the West Creek split last year concerning depth and what not. They had very few players for a 5A team.....

Oh yeah I definitely agree w/ your assessment, plus FC's 1st loss was against CPA who is suppose to have a really good squad this year. Kenwood has had to have gotten better, I am just not sure to what extent. They must have gotten their numbers up b/c they took a big hit w/ the West Creek split last year concerning depth and what not. They had very few players for a 5A team.....

Yeah i agree that Kenwood has to be quite improved. And I also heard West Creek had a pretty big win themselves. I don't recall who it was against, but I believe West Creek shut them out and won by quite a few scores. I wonder if they've gotten quite a bit better as well. I hope so, It would be great to see these Clarksville schools rise from the ash and make this district competitive. No knock on Clarksville HS, who beat us last year, or Northeast, who gave us a solid game, but I just don't think the Patriots were battle tested enough last year when the postseason came around.

If we make it to the playoffs this year, I think that will be a different story if our district is as good as advertised so far. The only teams I haven't heard anything good about so far are Northwest and Rossview. Other than that, I've heard everyone else has improved.