Loudon @ Alcoa

Yeah I am not complaining about our running dominance but i believe that we could be even better if we utilized our atheletes in the passing game as well. I think that Tallant is athletic enough to use him in some of the ways that Rankin used Cobb. Play action fakes and role outs. Get him on the move and allow him to throw while rolling out. He doesn't have to be a 5 step drop back passer. Just utilize the tight ends and ISOM. I wonder if he Tallent can throw a 10 yard out to isom or a hitch. I would love to see some more creativity. But I know that is not typically Rankins style. They would just be a more complete team. I love them though and love the way they win. No complaints about that. So if they can't be more creative and still win than stick to ole faithful and pound that rock.

both of alcoa's passes were off boots and rollouts, and they do throw the hitch because vee caught one....so everything that you mentioned in your post is used, even the deep out to Isom...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to keep our lucrative contract offers under the table and off of message boards. We have to come up with a better recruiting plan than you all have....you might counter our offer. We'll have to start small like Jerry McGuire and weed the Bob Sugar's out of here.

On a serious note...how many senior starters does Alcoa have and what is coming up behind them? Will you be reloaded again next year or is there a possible "down year" in sight?

I heard the sophomore class is stacked. Anybody know?

I heard the sophomore class is stacked. Anybody know?

We should be pretty set for the next couple years. We'll return three O-lineman plus our TE a talented receiver and our RB who was recently the MVP of the Maryville game. On defense we'll be set at DT, LB, and DB, I'm a little worried about the DE position and we'll need to develop a QB I'd say, but I'm confident we can. Our sophomore class is pretty talented to answer you're question as well. Anyway we're focused on that seventh one for now, I can probably give you a better answer in December 8-)