Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just infuriates me every time something like this happens.Many of us have family and friends teaching and nothing is more important than our kids in these schools.I have posted before about my concerns with security at our schools.Many talk about the cost.what is the cost of some fool killing our kids,family and friends.I don't know the details of today,but nobody should be able to walk into a school with a gun,unless they are protecting the school kids and staff.

the radio said it was the brother of a janitor who was stopped by a school resource officer. He made a move to go towards where the studends were and that is when he was shot. Good job people. Someone who goes to our schools with a weapon should be treated no better than a terrorist and that goes for if he survives and when he is convicted.

Many Moons ago Central was the county power house ( before South was built) and the DB Central game was THE GAME, but things change.Back in 76 or 77 Ketron beat DB at DB and did not allow their O to score.So changes are not new to Sullivan Co sports, and what is about to happen again is not new.County schools are going to get smaller and smaller until they are gone. I may be wrong but I thought when the TSSAA regrouped every one Central was the smallest Big 8 school.North can't wait to have Central and South back in our classification when we are all the same size. Being a 600 or so child school in the Big 10 just about ruined the Raider Football program.An 8 or 10 team confrence with all the teams winning it all from time to time would be fun.Back in the beginning the North South game was always fun. It is real hard to build a winning program when the best middle school players go some where else in hopes of playing at the next level.You can't blame them. Getting the crap beat out of you 10 games SUCKS. I have always said I don't care to get beat on the field but I don't want to know the winner before kickoff. Nothing bright is ahead for the county schools in Sullivan Co. The South crowd needs to know their days of running with the big dogs is about over, and I don't say this in a mean way, its just the way it is.South has had a great run but you can't stay on top with a school that is getting smaller.If I have to send my kids to a 2500 child school to say I am a big dog I'll just stay on the porch. Good Luck to all the schools in Sullivan Co.

Hey that great about sending your kid to a 2,500 student plus school because there are none in Tennessee right now so I guess you want to ship your kid to Florida. I love how South and other schools are like, "oh, DB has 500 more students, that is why they win". Well guess what, in 6A or the previous 5A DB with sometime 1,500 kids had to play schools with 2,400, or 2,500 which did exist in the recent past. But did DB complain? No. South and all you other schools in upper east TN have 1 or 2 wins over any school west of Morristown. DB plays schools sometimes 40% bigger then they are and win. So quit your girl scout complaints. Anyone like to argue with me, get your facts straight first because schools 2/3 your size beat upper east TN schools like a drum. South you are 1st explain your beating by Greeneville, and a below average Knox West?

Sounds like Central is having a rough week and some eye opening experiences. I will pray for all the kids, teachers, and staff at that school. I am glad that none of the students, teachers, staff, or officers got hurt in the gunman situation. I just finished reading the article on tricities.com and it has left me scratching my head and worried. I am glad no one got hurt over at the school tho.

Hey that great about sending your kid to a 2,500 student plus school because there are none in Tennessee right now so I guess you want to ship your kid to Florida. I love how South and other schools are like, "oh, DB has 500 more students, that is why they win". Well guess what, in 6A or the previous 5A DB with sometime 1,500 kids had to play schools with 2,400, or 2,500 which did exist in the recent past. But did DB complain? No. South and all you other schools in upper east TN have 1 or 2 wins over any school west of Morristown. DB plays schools sometimes 40% bigger then they are and win. So quit your girl scout complaints. Anyone like to argue with me, get your facts straight first because schools 2/3 your size beat upper east TN schools like a drum. South you are 1st explain your beating by Greeneville, and a below average Knox West?

Bud, I really enjoy your input on these boards, but tire of your D-B #1, South stinks rhetoric. Let me help you out since you are embarrassing yourself with your argument. Why did D-B lose to 5A Clinton last year? Why does TSSAA classify schools according to SIZE? Why is Greeneville ranked #1 today and "below average" Knox West #13?

Bud, I really enjoy your input on these boards, but tire of your D-B #1, South stinks rhetoric. Let me help you out since you are embarrassing yourself with your argument. Why did D-B lose to 5A Clinton last year? Why does TSSAA classify schools according to SIZE? Why is Greeneville ranked #1 today and "below average" Knox West #13?

Bud my post was saying that city schools state wide are heading toward bigger and bigger student bodies,teaching studies have found that a 600 student highschool if the best all around for learning. I can see how that would be true. Many things can help a smaller school win against bigger ones. For many years many of the good students around the county went to DB in hopes for attention from bigger schools, and it helped DB do better against their oppents. That is a fact not a complaint. The same thing is still happening but now some of the other schools get players from noncompetive football schools as well. Bud if you believe bigger numbers does not mean more wins then you have never coached much. year after year if I pick my 11 form 100 and you pick your 11 from 25 I'll beat you 85% of the time. Then parents see my program as a winner and bring me little johnny superstar and my snow ball gets bigger & bigger.Bottom Line DB is a program disigned to win, they do the most with there own kids and take all the in county talent and transfers that come to them, with which they try to build a championship team.Nothing wrong with that.

LEAVE BUD ALONE !!