Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two points i would like to make. 1) Some kids would rather be a big fish in a small pond. And i don't blame them for going where they will get to play. This has became evident with the transfers leaving DB and going to North and South. If in fact those players were thinking seriously about playing at the next level, then they would stay at DB where they could increase their ability competing against better team mates and competion. With a couple of exceptions, i think James Brown would have been a great addition to the DB game plan if he had decided to be a team player and work hard. Another, i believe Jordan Cassell would have been a great DB player. I think had he stayed he would have played a lot as a soph. when Sensabaugh was hurt and a lot on defense maybe even starting last year. When he played at Sevier with Sensabaugh and Steele they complimented each other so much, that they won the area middle school championship. Those kids worked their butts off for each other and it paid off. I wish all these players the best of luck and i support all our local teams, as should everyone who lives here. All this hate your neighbor crap really makes me mad. As a whole this attitude shows how jealious a society we have become. College football is a perfect example of why kids go to which college. Would you send your D1 prospect to Florida or to Furman? Naturally, they will go where they have the opportunity to win and make it to the next level. 2) Stacy Carter will win in Johnson City if he is worth his salt. I don't know if this season will tell the story(little to early) but by next year if he's not winning or beating DB people will start to talk. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

Jordon should have really been a Raider he is from Lynn Garden and went to county schools until 7th. Brown did not want to play behind Chris his last year. This years DB O would have used him much more but it was his choice, and North is glad to have him. I have watched most practices and all the games and have found James to be very polite and hard working, perhaps this is what he needed.We have 5 boys from DB this year and all have fit in well with us. I wish South, DB, Betsy, Central, Volunteer, the Chiefs and all the other teams that have young men I have coached the very BEST of LUCK I will admit I was in DBs Field House yesterday and of that I am jealious. My son got hurt yesterday in the JV game and DBs trainer loaded him up in the gator and took him to their field house looked him over wrapped him in ice and road us to my truck. CLASS ACT

No

Come on Sweeper.... let's talk about the game. The Indians are 2-0 in 2010 and that is way better than the 0-2 start from last year. And, the Tribe still has alot of payback to dish out... being 1-4 after 5 games last seasons. Some teams (0-2) are already throwing in the towel (South), but they should remember the 2010 Indians and keep fighting.

Everybody expects the Indians to take care of the Cougars and they will.... it is the next 2 games that I can't wait for. Payback to the Smokey Bears ON THE ROAD and a BIG PAY BACK TO THE TRAILBLAZERS OF DANIEL BOONE, again on the road.

You can pick a score for this Friday, any score. The G-Man will take it easy on the Cougars after Halftime... I just want Offensive execution and the Defense to continue it's dominance... and no turnovers.

I may be leaving J. Fred Johnson Stadium at half and head over to Death Valley and watch Boone put it on the Rebels.... finally!! I want Boone and Dobyns-Bennett to both be undeafeated when they meet in a couple of weeks, just like you do.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Exactly! Clinton was a very good football team last year with some big time players. This year, they are down some but are still a very good team. The game Friday night with Clinton really opened my eyes as to how good this DB team will be. Overcoming 5 turnovers and still winning by 30. Pretty dang dominent performance. I was unsure after the Farragut game, but after the game and seeing Farragut beat Oak Ridge, i think i realize how special this team really is. Greenville is ranked number one in the state because they are. Now having said that, they are like Alcoa, they should be playing up instead of down in classification, regardless of school size. As far as West, i think they are over rated. They are big but not very well conditioned. They have some players to make some noise if they progress during the season. I don't like the current classification but we have to do what the T$$AA says. I look forward to being in a different conference again some day. Not to down the rest of the big eight, i just miss having the road trips to bigger schools and tougher games. No matter what anyone says the conferences should be compiled of the same classifications only. I would rather go 8-2 against 6a teams than go 10-0 against mostly 5a or less. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the arrogance of DB fans. If I'm not mistaken you couldn't even win this watered down conference last year. Now, you may very well win the conference this year but to assume it is going to happen every year is laughable. Go ahead and keep sleeping on my trailblazers and lets see where that gets you.

There is just not a lot to talk about concerning the game "except".How long will we leave our best players in the game and what we can work on this week.I know last year we pretty much had the water boys in by half time and maybe might think of resting a few completly this year against Volunteer.I know you have to keep a few top players in so that a backup running back or quarterback doesn't get hit by three or four people at once.It's something to talk about anyway.I'll have an in-law playing for Central and wish him well,he is a good ball player.I wish he was an Indian,he would have been a good one.

Jordon should have really been a Raider he is from Lynn Garden and went to county schools until 7th. Brown did not want to play behind Chris his last year. This years DB O would have used him much more but it was his choice, and North is glad to have him. I have watched most practices and all the games and have found James to be very polite and hard working, perhaps this is what he needed.We have 5 boys from DB this year and all have fit in well with us. I wish South, DB, Betsy, Central, Volunteer, the Chiefs and all the other teams that have young men I have coached the very BEST of LUCK I will admit I was in DBs Field House yesterday and of that I am jealious. My son got hurt yesterday in the JV game and DBs trainer loaded him up in the gator and took him to their field house looked him over wrapped him in ice and road us to my truck. CLASS ACT

Just read this,I hope your boy is ok.

I got to reading and forgot this was a DB vs Central thread.Good stuff .Really for Central,it's a matter of keeping more of it's skill players and stud athletes at home.Two or three are at DB.A starting defensive back and future running back is at South and a D1 offensive lineman is at TH.I know there are more but they are just getting the worst of it.North has some fine DB boys as does South.It just seems that all trains are leading out of Central and none back into it like at the rest of our schools..

You are right on Batman. Central has got to figure out a way to keep their kids from leaving. It's tough to think about what might have been had at least 5 kids chose to stay at Central rather than go to D-B, South, Tenn. High. What's even tougher is to watch at least 8 of our kids go both ways and give it all they've got but just tire out. I know because one of those young men is mine. It's just too difficult to ask these young men to battle in the trenches both ways in this tough conference. I'll even through something new out there I recently heard and that is, the Downs kid from THS is a Blountville kid. Throw in Crowder, Weaver (South), Barger and Straley (D-B) and you have a pretty tough lineup that would compete very well even against the upper half of the Big 8. Oh well, what could've been had they made the right hire 3 years ago!

Edited by CougarPaw

Come on Sweeper.... let's talk about the game. The Indians are 2-0 in 2010 and that is way better than the 0-2 start from last year. And, the Tribe still has alot of payback to dish out... being 1-4 after 5 games last seasons. Some teams (0-2) are already throwing in the towel (South), but they should remember the 2010 Indians and keep fighting.

Everybody expects the Indians to take care of the Cougars and they will.... it is the next 2 games that I can't wait for. Payback to the Smokey Bears ON THE ROAD and a BIG PAY BACK TO THE TRAILBLAZERS OF DANIEL BOONE, again on the road.

You can pick a score for this Friday, any score. The G-Man will take it easy on the Cougars after Halftime... I just want Offensive execution and the Defense to continue it's dominance... and no turnovers.

I may be leaving J. Fred Johnson Stadium at half and head over to Death Valley and watch Boone put it on the Rebels.... finally!! I want Boone and Dobyns-Bennett to both be undeafeated when they meet in a couple of weeks, just like you do.

Roll Tribe Roll

Don't worry you'll get your chance at payback. If I was you though I would worry about Sevier County. That game will be no pushover. All we care about is breaking the streak this week then proping our feet up for a week and getting ready for the tribe. I will say this be very careful what you wish for.

You are right on Batman. Central has got to figure out a way to keep their kids from leaving. It's tough to think about what might have been had at least 5 kids chose to stay at Central rather than go to D-B, South, Tenn. High. What's even tougher is to watch at least 8 of our kids go both ways and give it all they've got but just tire out. I know because one of those young men is mine. It's just too difficult to ask these young men to battle in the trenches both ways in this tough conference. I'll even through something new out there I recently heard and that is, the Downs kid from THS is a Blountville kid. Through in Crowder, Weaver (South), Barger and Straley (D-B) and you have a pretty tough lineup that would compete very well even against the upper half of the Big 8. Oh well, what could've been had they made the right hire 3 years ago!

Central will have to beat some of these teams to stop the bleeding. It is hard to keep players in the program when it averages only a couple of wins a year. They give it all with what they have, nearly beat THS in '03 and '05. I don't know if Downs is a Blountville kid or not, but as long as a student lives in Tennessee he can go to THS for about $900 a year. No quite as low as Alcoa's rate. :rolleyes:

Edited by THSVikings2004