Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

Sasquatch has a good point. The Big East was an easy Conference for the Indians. DB did have very good teams during it's existance... but the fact remains that we would typically have 1 or 2 max tough conference games a year. Some years we had no tough games at all. Sevier County was the only team to have any kind of success against the Indians (4 victories in 15 years) . Bearden beat DB the last year of the Confernece for their only victory in the series. Jeff County was winless against the Indians, so was Campbell County and Science Hill. Karns beat DB 1 time.

I preffer playing in a Conference with the local teams... it just means more to everyone involved. It is not hard to get up for the local traditional powers. I hardly ever miss going to a DB game, but I never once made the trip to Campbell County, it was useless.

Roll Tribe Roll

Nice post Art, It is good to see a DB fan that can actually be a little bit objective.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from you thats really funny.:) Over half your post are bashing DB, players, fans etc. Even got you a 3 day suspension from CoachT. Don't even try to preach the "objective" line to us tosssalad.

Wrong as usual. I have never bashed a player or the school just the fans. If you would actually read my posts and not jump to conclusions you would see that. I would cite you examples if I knew you would pay attention but I know it is a waste of time. My advice to you is this: when you score a touchdown act like you have been there before. That's all I'm saying.

Jeff County was winless against the Indians, so was Campbell County and Science Hill. Karns beat DB 1 time.

I thought about this and realized I had made a mistake. Science Hill had 1 Big East Victory against the Indians. It was 1993, the first year of the Confernce and Graham Clark's first year as Head Coach of the Indians. G-Man must have felt bad after that game and he has not felt that bad since.... with the Indians winning the last 17 in the Series. This Senior class was in diapers when that game was played. My appologizes to the well educated and dedicated Football Fans of Science Hill, of which there are none.

And after this season, next year there will be no students walking the Halls of Science Hill that was alive the last time the Hilltoppers beat the Indians... More in late October about that. Is that arrogance? Heck no, it's a fact.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Not being picky,but DB was undefeated in the last year of the Big East.Bearden beat us on that miss handled extra point and run around the end in 2007.They went to the semi's that year.

Yep, you are correct Batman. The Indians ran the table the last year of the Big East, which was common. That 2 pt converstion made me sick... they actually lined up to kick the PAT, the holder bobbled the snap, picked up the ball and raced to the corner of the end zone, diving in. Otherwise, that game was going to OT.

Thanks for the correction and the memory of one of the worst plays for the Tribe in Big East play.

Roll Tribe Roll

I thought about this and realized I had made a mistake. Science Hill had 1 Big East Victory against the Indians. It was 1993, the first year of the Confernce and Graham Clark's first year as Head Coach of the Indians. G-Man must have felt bad after that game and he has not felt that bad since.... with the Indians winning the last 17 in the Series. This Senior class was in diapers when that game was played. My appologizes to the well educated and dedicated Football Fans of Science Hill, of which there are none.

And after this season, next year there will be no students walking the Halls of Science Hill that was alive the last time the Hilltoppers beat the Indians... More in late October about that. Is that arrogance? Heck no, it's a fact.

Roll Tribe Roll

Felt bad... I would say it went something like this: Lose to SH again hoss and you can catch the first train out of town. I would say after 17 straight he got the message loud and clear.

Yep, you are correct Batman. The Indians ran the table the last year of the Big East, which was common. That 2 pt converstion made me sick... they actually lined up to kick the PAT, the holder bobbled the snap, picked up the ball and raced to the corner of the end zone, diving in. Otherwise, that game was going to OT.

Thanks for the correction and the memory of one of the worst plays for the Tribe in Big East play.

Roll Tribe Roll

Our guys just lost containment on the left side.Bad times,but our team got better by the end of the year.Bearden got a lot better and really should have won it all from what I understand, like Sevier county when they knocked us off the top in 1999 Edited by BatmanDB

Wrong as usual. I have never bashed a player or the school just the fans. If you would actually read my posts and not jump to conclusions you would see that. I would cite you examples if I knew you would pay attention but I know it is a waste of time. My advice to you is this: when you score a touchdown act like you have been there before. That's all I'm saying.

I thought you would know better by now but I guess not. Im right as usual. If your this dumb then I guess you'll never catch on. I do actually read your post as painful as that is. It's amusing to a point. I will cite examples to prove my point, not for your benifit but for those that haven't caught on to your game. You see the fans do not play the game, its the players. When you spew your "one & done" retoric your talking about the players & coaches not the fans. Hard to believe you don't know that. Here are some examples if anyone has time to waste. On the DB-Farragut thread, post #15,#21,#26,#31,#35,#83,#166 all bashing the players at DB. On the DB-Clinton thread, post #67,& #79 both bashing the players at DB. On the Big 8 week 0 thread, post #52 bashing the players at DB. Several other post made by you this year being condescending towards DB, the coaching staff, the fans, and even Eastman. You have a very bad case of Indianshater. You started out like a "house on fire" before the Farragut game because you were sure the Indians were going to take a loss. You came to that game to cheer on Farragut, not because your a Farragut fan but because your a DB Hater. You left that game early with your tail between your legs. Your posing as a Daniel Boone fan because thats your next big hope. After that it will be on to Science Hill. Oh and don't forget to cheer on Sevier Co. That could be a hope for you also. You give yourself up by posting more on the DB-Central thread more than posting on your own teams thread even though this is the biggest game of the year for "your team"

Just go ahead and admit to us all that you have no team to pull for.....only a team to 'Hate"

Non-watered down? I forgot about the football powers of Campbell County, Jefferson County and Karns who are a combined 2-6 this year. Not to mention a few more years back when South-Doyle and William Blount were in the conference. If you want to look back 10 or 15 years thats fine I choose to keep it in the present and the present says you are not the defending Big 8 champs. I hope the team overlooks the rest of the conference like the fans, then you will be 0-2 (champions) in this weak conference.

In this post you are condescending towards the "Team" at best.....Bashing the "Team" and the fans at worst. From now on I will try to point out to you when you bash our players right after you make a post. Maybe this way you will catch on to your own ignorance.

I thought you would know better by now but I guess not. Im right as usual. If your this dumb then I guess you'll never catch on. I do actually read your post as painful as that is. It's amusing to a point. I will cite examples to prove my point, not for your benifit but for those that haven't caught on to your game. You see the fans do not play the game, its the players. When you spew your "one & done" retoric your talking about the players & coaches not the fans. Hard to believe you don't know that. Here are some examples if anyone has time to waste. On the DB-Farragut thread, post #15,#21,#26,#31,#35,#83,#166 all bashing the players at DB. On the DB-Clinton thread, post #67,& #79 both bashing the players at DB. On the Big 8 week 0 thread, post #52 bashing the players at DB. Several other post made by you this year being condescending towards DB, the coaching staff, the fans, and even Eastman. You have a very bad case of Indianshater. You started out like a "house on fire" before the Farragut game because you were sure the Indians were going to take a loss. You came to that game to cheer on Farragut, not because your a Farragut fan but because your a DB Hater. You left that game early with your tail between your legs. Your posing as a Daniel Boone fan because thats your next big hope. After that it will be on to Science Hill. Oh and don't forget to cheer on Sevier Co. That could be a hope for you also. You give yourself up by posting more on the DB-Central thread more than posting on your own teams thread even though this is the biggest game of the year for "your team"

Just go ahead and admit to us all that you have no team to pull for.....only a team to 'Hate"

You might be able to snow other people on this board with your false truths but not me. Go back to any of those posts and find where I ever said anything negative about a player. You can't. I have said I thought the weakest part of this team was the interior line play and GC's conservtive play calling.

Two people can play this game. Go back to your post #6 in this thread where you say this team needs to tighten some stuff up. Are you being a DB hater or making a general comment about football on a football message board?

By the way I am a bigger Daniel Boone fan than you are a DB fan I can promise you that. In fact I get my information from actually attending games unlike other people on this board.