Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

I was all happy about the game going in but when those kids keep blowing those stupid horns before the game while our band was playing and during the walk,that just peeved me off.I said we have to destroy them now.I got more mad with the Central staff for leaving their QB in until the end,while they still had kids that never got into the game.The returned interception by the backup for a touchdown was fitting.I feel for the kids and parents of that team and hope those horns get burnt before their next game.

The Central QB seams to be a pretty good athlete but I was not that impressed with his quarterback skills. He was a better runner than a passer.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to say that BT was on track for DB until we realized that the only way to convince him that he was not cut out to be a gangsta and a thug was to put him at Gray Middle. There he was able to reinvent his self as a biracial farm boy who could put up hay and keep up his grades. Football, in all reality, had nothing to do with his choice of high schools. We left it up to him because he had been to at least 11 different schools before we adopted him and really wanted him to make his own choice. He picked south the night before the first day of school. We were trying to grow this kid up with some fast forward morals and values instruction. You cold not imagine how very far down the priority list that football came. Most of you that were around back in the day can testify to that.

And height was his college challenge but I think he's found his place at Emory as he trails a 3 time All American running back that is Bobby's same height, weight, and speed. Never mind that he is at a college that is best suited for him. Go E&H Football #22- the double deuce!

Namaste- Bmama

Bmama, your other half already knows this but tell Bobby that I as well as all other Boys & Girls Clubbers are routing for him.

Roll Tribe! Go Rebels! and Go Wasps!

The Central QB seams to be a pretty good athlete but I was not that impressed with his quarterback skills. He was a better runner than a passer.

I think some of those passes might have worked against a team with a lot less speed,but we are not that team.We did have some problems with our pass defense however,Central just didn't make us pay.We were out of position a few times .I bought a program tonight and must say the cover is stunning .That is so funny,action will love it RC.

Did u-all see the block by Steele on Chris's 60 yrd. run? Another thing that caught my eye was after Cannon made that great run down the sideline on the kick return then lost the ball trying to laderal. The coaches really gave it to him on the sidelines. He took it well and came back later to score on a pass play. The 2's and 3's played very well again as they did last week also. We need to get the ball in the hands of Sensabaugh, Steele, Cannon, Swafford, Seabolt, Barger and Forman more often. :) Did I leave anybody out?

Did u-all see the block by Steele on Chris's 60 yrd. run? Another thing that caught my eye was after Cannon made that great run down the sideline on the kick return then lost the ball trying to laderal. The coaches really gave it to him on the sidelines. He took it well and came back later to score on a pass play. The 2's and 3's played very well again as they did last week also. We need to get the ball in the hands of Sensabaugh, Steele, Cannon, Swafford, Seabolt, Barger and Forman more often. :) Did I leave anybody out?

It was a great play by Steele,I was worried the ref was going to flag him at first.The start of the game was a little rough with some mistakes that we just can't do against a really good team.It's nice to start rough and play everyone on the team and still put up 61.

Wow!! DB was hitting on all cylinders after the missed scoring opportunity on the first drive. And, that was a very nice ceramony of the Police Officers who took care of business at Central last Monday. What an ovation Carolyn Grudger received and it was well deserved.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Anyone have any ideal who were the players of the week for Clinton.I know the guys love those meals on tuesday afternoon that the Golden Corral gives out.

Guess TriCitiesSports is behind! Players of the Week for the Clinton Game:

Offensive Back - Sean Seabolt

Offensive Line - Ty Hayworth

Defensive Back - Austin Straley

Defensive Line - Justin Long

Line Backer - Will Allen

Farm Bureau/Special Teams - Bradley Elpers

Rush Street provides the meal for the Golden Corral Players of the Game.

Line Backer - Will Allen

Rush Street provides the meal for the Golden Corral Players of the Game ???

Line Backer - Will Allen

I think of last year when we were talking about the awards and Art said something like Awards ! who needs a stinking award!,we need some wins.Art was spot on,but if our guys have any pride at all,they want the coaches to know they are laying it on the line every week.It's a lot more fun to win the game and then get the awards however !!.I remember trying to explain how the system works for the line and who gets the awards.On defense,it's pretty simple,make the big plays and the coaches will reward you

I don't think you left anyone out. Uhh maybe the Indian Mascot!