Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

Non-watered down? I forgot about the football powers of Campbell County, Jefferson County and Karns who are a combined 2-6 this year. Not to mention a few more years back when South-Doyle and William Blount were in the conference. If you want to look back 10 or 15 years thats fine I choose to keep it in the present and the present says you are not the defending Big 8 champs. I hope the team overlooks the rest of the conference like the fans, then you will be 0-2 (champions) in this weak conference.

Your point is moot because every conference in the state has their own traditionally weak programs. I challenge you to find me even one exception. And many times schools that are weak in football are traditionally strong in basketball, and vice-versa. It's the same way in college athletics as well.

PS-I love your self portrait, but you might want to try Sugar Mamas.

Edited by DBTeepee

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WaCo... did Cap get the Boot for life? Too dang funny!!

Hey Sweep... you keep me a seat over in Death Valley... I will be there by Halftime. I look for the Sasquatch.... (just messin' with you).... Get it? Messing with Sasquatch.

Roll Tribe Roll

We'll know for sure if his screen name doesn't show up again. But its easy enough to go to another ICP address. He has several screen names anyway. Id hate to see him go away so easly. It has been so easy making him look like a fool. No mater what screen name he uses. :)

Your point is moot because every conference in the state has their own traditionally weak programs. I challenge you to find me even one exception. And many times schools that are weak in football are traditionally strong in basketball, and vice-versa. It's the same way in college athletics as well.

PS-I love your self portrait, but you might want to try Sugar Mamas.

I don't know if you read the post I was responding to but that poster said the old big east wasn't watered down like it is now. I was disagreeing and tried to point that out. You actually agree with me you just don't know it.

I agree. The only transfers South has had were Bobby Taylor and Jordan Cassell. Bobby did not have the speed to go to a high division but he had everything else. His timing was more or less good for him to come to South. But had he stayed at DB he would have shared the backfield with Chris. DB could have used him last season. Jordan may very well be a different story. Jordan fits in the mix with Chris and Swafford just fine. He brings something to the table that would have complemented the trio. Of course, that is before Canon... But I agree any athletes college asperations are enhanced playing at DB versus any other school in the region. No one can argue with that. So why did they come? Good question because they really did not get more playing time at South versus what they would have gotten at DB. I think more, and quicker playing time had to be in their thinking but Stacy was well aware of what he had coming from 2004. Many will say they weren't utilized. I think in Bobby's case that could be true. Especially during the playoffs of 2008.

While Bobby's 4.55 40 time is not blazing, height was more the issue for colleges.

He couldn't have stayed at DB because he never went to DB. Nor was he supposed to.

Bobby was in the DB system at one time and it made a huge difference from him being on the 7th grade team and not being at Robinson in the 8th.DB had another stud back that would have been a senior last year but moved off after his 9th grade year.I was wathching the HBO show about the Jets the other night and there was a 5'6" player at the camp with a good chance to make the team.In other words Bobby had an up hill battle,but had the right person seen him,who knows at the college level.

My guess is Cap is back with an innocent new name. We missed you Cap.

Hey Sasquatch.... how does it feel being a fan of team that's biggest Rivaly is David Crockett?

Roll Tribe Roll

Crockett a rival? There about as big of a rival to us as south is to you guys. A team you give the beat down to year in and year out is no rival. The only thing we have in common is hunting indians.

My guess is Cap is back with an innocent new name. We missed you Cap.

Hey Sasquatch.... how does it feel being a fan of team that's biggest Rivaly is David Crockett?

Roll Tribe Roll

"Sasquatch" is faking it Art. He has been here on CoachT for along time, has more than one screen name, and is not a Daniel Boone fan. He is a Dobyns Bennett "Hater" from way back. You know who he is.

I don't know if you read the post I was responding to but that poster said the old big east wasn't watered down like it is now. I was disagreeing and tried to point that out. You actually agree with me you just don't know it.

Sasquatch has a good point. The Big East was an easy Conference for the Indians. DB did have very good teams during it's existance... but the fact remains that we would typically have 1 or 2 max tough conference games a year. Some years we had no tough games at all. Sevier County was the only team to have any kind of success against the Indians (4 victories in 15 years) . Bearden beat DB the last year of the Confernece for their only victory in the series. Jeff County was winless against the Indians, so was Campbell County and Science Hill. Karns beat DB 1 time.

I preffer playing in a Conference with the local teams... it just means more to everyone involved. It is not hard to get up for the local traditional powers. I hardly ever miss going to a DB game, but I never once made the trip to Campbell County, it was useless.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay