Mt Juliet vs Gallatin

SCBisondad

This Mt. Juliet team is not the same without Reid Gurchiek (who btw is the starting qb at Cumberland now, suffered a dislocated hip against Austin Peay but will be back in a couple weeks). Gallatin did really well against Riverdale's wing-t in their scrimmage. The Warriors couldn't do anything on the ground. I expect us to tackle much better this week, because it couldn't be much worse than last week. Green Wave SHOULD win this one by 2-3 td's. And to the guy that said that Gallatin would be suckin' air by the 4th qtr: Wow, you don't know much about Gallatin football.

+++1 great post......Green Wave Pride baby!! Go Big G!!

This Mt. Juliet team is not the same without Reid Gurchiek (who btw is the starting qb at Cumberland now, suffered a dislocated hip against Austin Peay but will be back in a couple weeks). Gallatin did really well against Riverdale's wing-t in their scrimmage. The Warriors couldn't do anything on the ground. I expect us to tackle much better this week, because it couldn't be much worse than last week. Green Wave SHOULD win this one by 2-3 td's. And to the guy that said that Gallatin would be suckin' air by the 4th qtr: Wow, you don't know much about Gallatin football.

I would be stunned if Gallatin wins by 2-3 td's. Mt. Juliet isnt going to wow you, but theyre solid. I think they've improved alot on the defensive side of the ball. This is a game I wouldnt mind seeing if I could, best of luck to both schools

I would be stunned if Gallatin wins by 2-3 td's. Mt. Juliet isnt going to wow you, but theyre solid. I think they've improved alot on the defensive side of the ball. This is a game I wouldnt mind seeing if I could, best of luck to both schools

I don't see why it would be stunning... Gallatin's O-Line averages 300 lbs., they have the best backfield in the county, and they have a 6'6'' WR that had 2 tds against a FAR superior McKinley team. Plus, this one is at Gallatin. They are coming off a big loss, and they want to avenge last year's loss to MJ. I don't think 2-3 tds would be a stunning spread. The defense Gallatin is running now is more suited to stop the wing-t too. A couple of 300 pounders at DT to stop anything up the middle, two big/fast LB's that seal up counters and slice plays, and 5 DB's to bottle up sweeps and disrupt the passing game... Alls I know is that Riverdale had a heck of a time trying to run against the 4-2-5. Still, if Gallatin tackles poorly (as they have thus far) it could be a long night. But that defense sure does seem to work against the wing-t. I wish we had gone to it last year, seeing as that half of our district runs the wing-t.

I don't see why it would be stunning... Gallatin's O-Line averages 300 lbs., they have the best backfield in the county, and they have a 6'6'' WR that had 2 tds against a FAR superior McKinley team. Plus, this one is at Gallatin. They are coming off a big loss, and they want to avenge last year's loss to MJ. I don't think 2-3 tds would be a stunning spread. The defense Gallatin is running now is more suited to stop the wing-t too. A couple of 300 pounders at DT to stop anything up the middle, two big/fast LB's that seal up counters and slice plays, and 5 DB's to bottle up sweeps and disrupt the passing game... Alls I know is that Riverdale had a heck of a time trying to run against the 4-2-5. Still, if Gallatin tackles poorly (as they have thus far) it could be a long night. But that defense sure does seem to work against the wing-t. I wish we had gone to it last year, seeing as that half of our district runs the wing-t.

Except the wing-t that MT. Juliet runs is not your conventional wing-t offense, Riverdale will maybe throw it a few times a game whereas Mt. Juliet will try to keep it balanced, at least in its playcalling. Technique > Size everyday of the week. Mt. Juliet also has a pretty good Wr so I dont think that is going to be a factor. Since when does moral victories factor in rationale for a win? You guys had a heckuva time holding onto the football, superior team or not. Lookin good in the pre-season and looking good in the actual season are completely different things; Your basically banking on the fact that MJ is riverdale lite. If im wrong, ill be back on here tonight to say I was indeed wrong...........

Except the wing-t that MT. Juliet runs is not your conventional wing-t offense, Riverdale will maybe throw it a few times a game whereas Mt. Juliet will try to keep it balanced, at least in its playcalling. Technique > Size everyday of the week. Mt. Juliet also has a pretty good Wr so I dont think that is going to be a factor. Since when does moral victories factor in rationale for a win? You guys had a heckuva time holding onto the football, superior team or not. Lookin good in the pre-season and looking good in the actual season are completely different things; Your basically banking on the fact that MJ is riverdale lite. If im wrong, ill be back on here tonight to say I was indeed wrong...........

I think you are confusing this year's mt. juliet team with a team last year that had a mr. football candidate at QB. He single-handedly won the game against Gallatin last year, and there's no debating that. Its really a shame that MJ runs that wing-t too, with all the talent out there... Riverdale too for that matter. Worst offense in HS football.

Edited by Squoshwave17

I think you are confusing this year's mt. juliet team with a team last year that had a mr. football candidate at QB. He single-handedly won the game against Gallatin last year, and there's no debating that. Its really a shame that MJ runs that wing-t too, with all the talent out there... Riverdale too for that matter. Worst offense in HS football.

I am not confusing anything. I have already seen them this year and was impressed with the whole team, not just a facet. As far as the wing-t goes, I disagree, I think if it plays to your strengths and can keep teams guessing, Which Mt. Juliet does, then go for it. It has certainly served Hendersonville well over the years

The best backfield in the country? LOL. That is amazing. I guess that is why they ran all over McKinley right? And for the wing-t comment, bold statement buddy. Seen this team play earlier in a scrimmage at Oakland and they are solid. Should be a good game, but not if they have the best running backs in the country and the biggest O-Line known to man. Great stuff!

You sir are correct about presason and actual season. Point in case-McGavock. Their pass game looked superior in the preseason. 0 points against MJ.

Nowayout, he said best backfield in the county. Watch those R's, they can sneak up on you. Not saying that we have the best backfield in the county though. And you just plain made up the comment about our O-line being the biggest known to man. All that aside, I do think this should be a good defensive game and Gallatin should be favored but who knows.

I guess I don't see this as a defensive battle. Everybody wants to doubt the Wave offensive unit due to playing a great McKinley team and having fumbling problems. If it continues tonight, then yeah....serious worries for the season. However, McGavock is no offensive juggernaut. They looked pathetic last week on TV. If Mt Juliet is for real, tonight is a much better indicator. I cannot give any credit to a team by what happens in scrimmages. I know the play calling and the substitutions differ than an actual game. Mt Juliet is well coached and they always play Gallatin tough. I just don't think they have enough to beat the Wave this year. I may be wrong, in a few hours we will see.