Mt Juliet vs Gallatin

SCBisondad

Congrats to the Green Wave. I tip my hat to them for proving me wrong............

Never underestimate Gallatin!!!!

After spotting the Bears 14 points Gallatin came back to get 20 in the second qtr. After the half they lose the lead only to regain it with 7 seconds on the clock. Great must win for the Green Wave.

Mt Juliet....why is arguably your best player not on the field most of the game. Cornelia needs to be out there. Glad he only came in to catch 5 or 6 passes. When he wasn't in your #13 never even got looked at. Your running backs ran hard though.

Gallatin.....there were some terrible calls and even worse clock management. I thought this was in our past..... Have to find a running game besides Tremaine. Where was Box most of the night? Coverage on Cornelia was play 15 yards off....at least on the last play Armstrong played him straight up and what happened....SACK!! Too much cushion!! Better tackling tonight overall. Passing game looked really good! Great effort being down and never looking like you were out of the game. Great job guys!!

Finally, good turn out by the Mt Juliet fan base. Gallatin who? Really? "You can't stop us" chants.....really?? Maybe after tonight those questions have been answered for you.

LETS ROLL GREEN WAVE LETS ROLL!!!

Never underestimate Gallatin!!!!

After spotting the Bears 14 points Gallatin came back to get 20 in the second qtr. After the half they lose the lead only to regain it with 7 seconds on the clock. Great must win for the Green Wave.

Mt Juliet....why is arguably your best player not on the field most of the game. Cornelia needs to be out there. Glad he only came in to catch 5 or 6 passes. When he wasn't in your #13 never even got looked at. Your running backs ran hard though.

Gallatin.....there were some terrible calls and even worse clock management. I thought this was in our past..... Have to find a running game besides Tremaine. Where was Box most of the night? Coverage on Cornelia was play 15 yards off....at least on the last play Armstrong played him straight up and what happened....SACK!! Too much cushion!! Better tackling tonight overall. Passing game looked really good! Great effort being down and never looking like you were out of the game. Great job guys!!

Finally, good turn out by the Mt Juliet fan base. Gallatin who? Really? "You can't stop us" chants.....really?? Maybe after tonight those questions have been answered for you.

LETS ROLL GREEN WAVE LETS ROLL!!!

Not really underestimating Gallatin just think highly of MJ and Coach Perry. But like I said, congrats. Ill take my crow medium well with some A1 :roflol:

I think tonight ranks in my top 3 of how mad I can get at a coaching staff. Incredibly bad clock management... Clueless personel assignment... And unbelieveably poor offensive play mixing. I've been nice about it for the last 2 years (I wasn't nice the previous 5 or so), but it is time for coach Lassiter to retire. He is a great guy and all.... He seems to care about the kids... But Gallatin has been nothing more than mediocre since Lassiter got there. Additionally, if I were a MJ fan I would want Perry gone. It was an absolute shame to see Cornelia on the sidelines (one of the reasons I hate the wing-t). A kid like that needs to be getting the ball thrown to him alot more. By the same token, I would like to know why Maurice Box hasn't been getting more touches for Gallatin. I'd also like to know why we went back to running the ball from a shotgun 3-wide, when clearly we were moving the ball at will in the smokestack-I. Why not mix it up, even? Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention running the ball on 3rd and 12, only to fake a punt deep in our own territory afterwards... And apparently our idea of a 2 minute offense consists of running 30 seconds of clock - while subbing wr's - only to avoid a delay of game penalty by BARELY getting a timeout called. We might have beaten MJ tonight, but it is by pure luck that we escaped with a win. I fully expect folks to criticize my views on this matter, but I know I'm not the only one. I sure heard alot of unhappy fans tonight, and there seems to be more every year.

I think tonight ranks in my top 3 of how mad I can get at a coaching staff. Incredibly bad clock management... Clueless personel assignment... And unbelieveably poor offensive play mixing. I've been nice about it for the last 2 years (I wasn't nice the previous 5 or so), but it is time for coach Lassiter to retire. He is a great guy and all.... He seems to care about the kids... But Gallatin has been nothing more than mediocre since Lassiter got there. Additionally, if I were a MJ fan I would want Perry gone. It was an absolute shame to see Cornelia on the sidelines (one of the reasons I hate the wing-t). A kid like that needs to be getting the ball thrown to him alot more. By the same token, I would like to know why Maurice Box hasn't been getting more touches for Gallatin. I'd also like to know why we went back to running the ball from a shotgun 3-wide, when clearly we were moving the ball at will in the smokestack-I. Why not mix it up, even? Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention running the ball on 3rd and 12, only to fake a punt deep in our own territory afterwards... And apparently our idea of a 2 minute offense consists of running 30 seconds of clock - while subbing wr's - only to avoid a delay of game penalty by BARELY getting a timeout called. We might have beaten MJ tonight, but it is by pure luck that we escaped with a win. I fully expect folks to criticize my views on this matter, but I know I'm not the only one. I sure heard alot of unhappy fans tonight, and there seems to be more every year.

I will agree with you on the coaching staff if you will agree on the same as our coaching staff. I like coach Perry but the one knock on him is that he keeps his son around. It is not our players on the D it is the play calling or lack of. Lil Perry should NOT be a coaching on the HS level. It is easy to call against a team like McGavock because they have no run game. All you have to do is blitz and put pressure on the Qb. I stated earlier that MJ would have to contain the QB for GHS. They did until they went into the prevent (to win) defense. Who ever calls the offense for GHS should be fired. You all were inches away from the interception and getting the loss. Keep running the QB. Lil Perry was giving you that in the 2nd half. The officiating was terrible on both sides but it was the ones they called against or missed in favor of MJ that absolutely killed them. The fumble they called against our QB was costly. First of all there was a facemask and secondly he was down before the fumble. What, 5 holding calls against MJ, and none maybe 1 against GHS. Come on!

It is expected every year we come up here! The pass interference at the end of the game was the correct call. I have no clue why GHS was passing at that point. Stupid! Some time stupid is the right call I guess.Congrats to GHS. Keep your head up MJ. It was a hard hitting game.

Edited by MJpride

There was nothing wrong with the fumble by your qb. Box grabbed him by the shoulder with one arm, spun him around, and stripped the ball. The qb didn't come near the ground until he dove after the football. Maybe some holding calls could have been called different for either team, but when you run the sweep so much there's bound to be holding calls especially in high school. I know one thing though, referees don't decide the outcome of the game, the players do.