MBA @ Ensworth

AverageJoe90

I know you are neutral. I do think there are some interesting follow-ups that can be made now looking back on the last five years versus the forward-looking we were all doing in the mid-2000s, however.

Ricky is a good coach, and he will always be linked to MBA, whether on or off the EHS sidelines.

The only enrollment numbers I have access to are the ones used for classification purposes at the beginning of the 2005 season. They were as follows (for the original 7):

Brentwood Academy – 411

Baylor School – 690

Memphis University School – 836 (doubled)

Montgomery Bell Academy – 934 (doubled)

Father Ryan High School – 950

McCallie School – 1,256 (doubled)

Christian Brothers High School – 1,676 (doubled)

Some of these schools likely had shifts up/down since that time.

As for MBA, the website indicates 485 in 9-12:

MBA Facts & Figures

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumble is probably too busy hosting cam shows.

The one that I actually miss is "EHS Parent." His (or her, I suppose) comments were well informed and insightful, with none of the trash-talk that got this topic closed a couple of times. When he had a criticism of MBA, it was worth noting. I might not have agreed with every single thing he posted, but you could never dismiss them as groundless or shrill.

I said last year it will be a "WAR" between MBA and EHS.

Of course there were a few posters (KW) who thought that was I had skewed actual war with a football war.

The "Inbreed Game" is WAR - def.- To be in a state of hostility or rivalry. So let's not get upset with my account describing this game as a war this year. Unfortunately the MBA QB was hurt during this conflict on a hostile play last year but later played basketball and baseball.

The game will be physical and the coaches on both side will have their respective teams prepared.

Gonna be a close one with MBA winning by 7.

It will be fun to watch Ricky do his Steve Spurrier impressions out on the field tomorrow.

Hope everyone returns home safely!

Edited by shakinthefat

Pay for play football, two of the best teams money can buy. When these teams get together you can throw the checkbooks out the window.

I will say EA down MBA up. MBA by 13. :popcorneater:

Who is EA???? And what does the "money/checkbook" comments have to do with the prediction of the game?

How about adding something to your post that is useful or gives insight that is relative!

MBA wins a mistake filled game 21-14.

Rivalry football is not always pretty. MBA's defense is pretty stout, and ensworth has a good team. Their QB is not a Div I prospect by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a more than adequate high school QB. He is very unlikely to cost them any games, and he has a good arm. They are a very deceptive 0-2.