29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins this one?

• Oak Ridge
    • Central

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that due to the rezoning from a couple of years ago, a lot of the best athletes that formerly went to Fulton are now zoned for Central, which should result in an "uptick" for Central from 3-4 years ago. My info comes from a friend who lives in the area and follows Fulton.

Any truth to that?

Don't know about Central, but someone commented to me how much rezoning had helped Powell.

I hear that due to the rezoning from a couple of years ago, a lot of the best athletes that formerly went to Fulton are now zoned for Central, which should result in an "uptick" for Central from 3-4 years ago. My info comes from a friend who lives in the area and follows Fulton.

Any truth to that?

From what know Central's Zone decreased only so that would be a NO.

We lost every one west of 75 and south of 640.small section everything else changed for gibbs and fulton and powell..

Powell got some really good athletes from the zoning....

From what know Central's Zone decreased only so that would be a NO.

We lost every one west of 75 and south of 640.small section everything else changed for gibbs and fulton and powell..

Powell got some really good athletes from the zoning....

Powell was a huge football "beneficiary" due to the recent rezoning. While Powell lost everything west of Clinton Highway (now zoned for Karns) and east of I-75 in the Beaver Creek Road area (now zoned for Central), they gained a ton of kids in the Merchant Drive area (west of I-75) that were formerly zoned to Central. In fact, Powell enrollment went from about 1200 to nearly 1500 after this new plan.

Central did gain some that were formerly zoned for Fulton, but they lost a lot to Powell and a few to Gibbs. Central's enrollment has definitely dropped, but with all of the potential growth in the East Beaver Creek/Dante/Sterchi Hills area, their numbers will eventually go back up.

Edited by osunut2

Powell was a huge football "beneficiary" due to the recent rezoning. While Powell lost everything west of Clinton Highway (now zoned for Karns) and east of I-75 in the Beaver Creek Road area (now zoned for Central), they gained a ton of kids in the Merchant Drive area (west of I-75) that were formerly zoned to Central. In fact, Powell enrollment went from about 1200 to nearly 1500 after this new plan.

Central did gain some that were formerly zoned for Fulton, but they lost a lot to Powell and a few to Gibbs. Central's enrollment has definitely dropped, but with all of the potential growth in the East Beaver Creek/Dante/Sterchi Hills area, their numbers will eventually go back up.

What part of Fulton did they get? Did not see that on the map.