Its getting close

bradley08

Ok, I know school just started but this board is getting boring. Its time to heat it up and get the discussions flowing.I know a lot of schools have started workouts. What are the projected line ups at some of the power houses. Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, Baylor, Mccallie, father Ryan, C bros, Science Hill? Any off season moves, coachng changes?

Lots of transfers this past offseason. TJ Satterfield at William Blount, Houston Clemons to Baylor, Blake Oakes (Cleveland 125 from 09) to Bradley. Thats really all I can think of at the time. Bradley will be strong again, as usual. I think Cleveland will be down this year, but keeping the Lopez brothers will be a benefit to them. Ryan, well what else do I need to say..Father Ryan Irish. Fin. Science Hill, well I think they will be tough but will be number 5 or so in the D1 rankings as they are down this year too. Brothers will have a tough year as well as they lost their big 3 too.

PRTiii :flower:

Div I

Bradley will again be tough in several places and will be tough to beat in the big match come February. I do not see Cleveland as being down this year as posted earlier, but it will be tough for the Blue Raiders to overcome cross-town rival Bradley. Do not count out Soddy who has some solid kids coming back this season and Coach Henry will have his troops ready when the time comes. Science Hill will be young in places but are returning 9 state qualifiers this season to the line-up. There are many other division 1 teams that will be there to make a run at the top like Franklin, Independence, and Clarksville.

Div II

Baylor and Father Ryan will battle it out this year with the other powers looking from the outside in this season. I agree Christian Brothers will be down some this year without their big 3 hitters, but Coach Lewis has several others in the stable to make a run at the title. It does not seem that McCallie will have the horses to compete with the other division 2 teams but the season is a few months away and time will tell.

Div I

TBSFMAW will again be tough in several places and will be tough to beat in the big match come February. I do not see Cleveland as being down this year as posted earlier, but it will be tough for the Blue Raiders to overcome cross-town rival TBSCFAW. Do not count out Soddy-By-God who has some solid kids coming back this season and Coach Henry will have his troops ready when the time comes. THE Hill will be young in places but are returning 9 state qualifiers this season to the line-up. There are many other division 1 teams that will be there to make a run at the top like Franklin, Independence, Clarksville, THE NATION and EFT.

Div II

TBSFBAG and TFI will battle it out this year with the other powers looking from the outside in this season. I agree Christian Brothers will be down some this year without their big 3 hitters, but Coach Lewis aka THE SHARP DRESSED MAN has several others in the stable to make a run at the title. It does not seem that the EBE will have the horses to compete with the other division 2 teams but the season is a few months away and time will tell.

Fixed your post to make it more board friendly!

One more prediction,, bare cat brown will streak around the Cow Palace in February after EFT gets a state champ in the 125 lb range.

Edited by StarRaider

It is getting closer to everyone's favorite sport to start up. It would be fun to hear what weight classes last years top wrestlers will be this year and which new wreslers to watch for. Also what wrestlers some teams lost/gained from last year. I agree that as far as the teams go the favorites will be 1. Bradley 2. Cleveland 3. Soddy Daisy and then it could be wide open for the next 5 or 6 teams. The unknowns makes the wait that much more exciting. I cant wait. Lets get this wrestling site going. I am already tired of reading all the whinning on the football site.

Lots of transfers this past offseason. TJ Satterfield at William Blount, Houston Clemons to Baylor, Blake Oakes (Cleveland 125 from 09) to Bradley. Thats really all I can think of at the time. Bradley will be strong again, as usual. I think Cleveland will be down this year, but keeping the Lopez brothers will be a benefit to them. Ryan, well what else do I need to say..Father Ryan Irish. Fin. Science Hill, well I think they will be tough but will be number 5 or so in the D1 rankings as they are down this year too. Brothers will have a tough year as well as they lost their big 3 too.

The big rumor over the summer was that D1 State Champion Brandon Brunner (Tullahoma) was going to transfer to Baylor. Did this happen or was it just a false alarm? It sure seems like Baylor is getting a few transfers?

The big rumor over the summer was that D1 State Champion Brandon Brunner (Tullahoma) was going to transfer to Baylor. Did this happen or was it just a false alarm? It sure seems like Baylor is getting a few transfers?

Yes it did happen, good call I knew I forgot one. Speaking of bcb, I wouldn't call little bcb a state champion just yet, hes got the family curse to break first (oooh sorry bear cat, it was low but I thought it was funny). Its almost time for bcb's annual post of what the abbreviations mean, and his predictions!

Good luck with that prediction at 125lb. Lewis is still the man to beat by far!!

Talking to some friends I hear Lewis is planning on being at 30 this year. I have my prediction for the 125 state champ but Im just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, if Lewis stays at 30 that will set up a three way collision course between Lewis, Lopez, and Woods. Will be fun to watch those three this year.

Talking to some friends I hear Lewis is planning on being at 30 this year. I have my prediction for the 125 state champ but Im just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, if Lewis stays at 30 that will set up a three way collision course between Lewis, Lopez, and Woods. Will be fun to watch those three this year.

I figured Mr. Lewis was going to have to eat something sooner or later.