District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

COACHWO well i know that goodpasture has pretty solid transfer but i heard he has to sit out. No offense to greenbrier but Greer has no love for the game of basketball he doesn't show any heart on the court and he is SOFT. TRUST ME COACHWO I KNOW MORE THAN YOU!

COACHRUS ok i might have DL a little low but for you to say that CPA is at 3rd and Maplewood at 5th you are crazy. With the combo of Craig Bradshaw and Jalen Lindsey i see them rolling through the district WAIT AND SEE!

You may be right. I lot of people think I am crazy! lol

I would like to see what Maplewood has this year and how they replace some big shoes. Not saying they can't reload, but just don't know who it will be yet. Saw CPA play in June and they did look good. However, they struggled some against teams with size and heft underneath (mostly big AAA teams). I not sure if anyone in 10-AA has that kind of size (Maplewood did last year).

Based on returning most of their players from last year, I still think East Lit may be the team to beat until proven otherwise.

Well hustleandflow12 I have to agree that 2-5 are evenly matched, but I have to disagree with you on the Goodpasture transfer and he goes HAM on boyz all up and down the court. The kids stroke from outside is unbelievable and he handlez rocks the defender to sleep and then when the defender is uncomfortable that is when he is at he best with TIM HARDAWAY 2 STEP. WOULDNT U AGREE HUSTLEFLOW12

Well hustleandflow12 I have to agree that 2-5 are evenly matched, but I have to disagree with you on the Goodpasture transfer and he goes HAM on boyz all up and down the court. The kids stroke from outside is unbelievable and he handlez rocks the defender to sleep and then when the defender is uncomfortable that is when he is at he best with TIM HARDAWAY 2 STEP. WOULDNT U AGREE HUSTLEFLOW12

Are you talking about the CPA transfer or the Goodpasture transfer? Bradshaw (CPA) is a good athlete with nice handles and a streaky shooter. Good player. Rhoten (Goodpasture) is a spot-up shooter. Thats it. No handles. Certainly doesnt handle like Tim Hardaway. Niether does, really. Not sure who you are talking about here.

I can understand the reasons for picking DL a little lower this year, but how could you not, when losing players like Sanderson and Bell. It will be fun to watch what Pickens does with these guys. The discipline he puts on his players is unmatched, and they will look a whole lot different after Christmas. CPA is obviously the team to beat. Lots of talent over there.

10A you no wat it is. good points, agree 100 percent. COACHWO let me think 10AA=ATHLETIC basketball teams sound like to me that DL will struggle.

I'm sorry, didn't I say athletic and disciplined teams? They might all be athletic but they are not all disciplined. You obviously dont know anything about a Princeton style system- it takes your strengths and turns them into weaknesses. But hey, as you said in a previous post- You KNOW more than I do.

I'm sorry, didn't I say athletic and disciplined teams? They might all be athletic but they are not all disciplined. You obviously dont know anything about a Princeton style system- it takes your strengths and turns them into weaknesses. But hey, as you said in a previous post- You KNOW more than I do.

Coach2 sounds like you are putting down most coaches in 10AA,just because teams don't run alot of back picks and make 15 passes every possession does that mean they have no discipline,maybe some coaches like to run up and down the floor insead of a princeton style offense. Why not play to your strengths just like you said about DL,each coach has there own style. I don't like watching a team that is so predictable that you no where every pass is supposed to go, i think it is good to have a system but at times let the kids have some fun as well especially if they have natural talent let them play, alot more fun as a spectator. I think it will be a great basketball season reguardless of who you pull for.

Coach2 sounds like you are putting down most coaches in 10AA,just because teams don't run alot of back picks and make 15 passes every possession does that mean they have no discipline,maybe some coaches like to run up and down the floor insead of a princeton style offense. Why not play to your strengths just like you said about DL,each coach has there own style. I don't like watching a team that is so predictable that you no where every pass is supposed to go, i think it is good to have a system but at times let the kids have some fun as well especially if they have natural talent let them play, alot more fun as a spectator. I think it will be a great basketball season reguardless of who you pull for.

I am not putting down 10AA coaches at all, there are some really good coaches in 10AA- look at last year's results. Two former coaches in that league are good friends of mine. I am just saying that alot of times coaches who have really athletic teams tend to be less disciplined on the defensive end.

Obviously if you can go up and down the floor pressing playing to your strengths that is great coaching move. My point was the putting DL soo low in the preseason rankings was (in my opinion) not a great move because they will play so disciplined that it will frusterate alot of their district opponents.

And you are telling the truth when you say it will be a great basketball season no matter who you pull for.

Edited by Coachwo