E.Lit. over CPA

CPA4Ever

East Lit. handed CPA a very damaging loss in terms of playoff implications this year, 34-21. It was a very weird game with CPA going up 14-0 in the first 4 minutes, and appearing to be on the way to a big win. But East Lit. scored 21 unanswered in the 1st half after that with dominating line play and some very fast skill players breaking big plays. CPA should have scored another TD but dropped a pass in the end zone to a wide open receiver.

CPA tied it 21-21 in the 3rd and appeared to regain the momentum, but 4 big plays in the 2nd half killed CPA - two dropped easy interceptions - one that was tipped to the EL player for a TD - a missed FG after taking a sack deep in EL territory, and several missed tackles on a 3rd and long TD run from midfield by EL.

I might say that EL has a very impressive team with a lot of size in the line, and some very fast and skilled backs. At first I thought CPA could load up the box and stop the run, forcing EL to pass, but the EL QB turned out to be a very good passer. I wouldn't be surprised to see EL win a lot of games. They are very talented.

CPA will have to beat Pearl Cohn now and hope EL beats Pearl Cohn to make the playoffs. This will not be easy. The bright spot is CPA is very young, so they should get better every game.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a very disppointing loss when it could have gone the other way.

EL's skill players very, very fast and QB can pass and has great fakes. CPA very young and not very fast.

4ever, Playoffs changed this year. Only the top 2 of each district auto qualify, regardless of class.

Everyone else thrown into the wildcard race. CPA will have to beat some teams they shouldn't to get to top 2.

East Lit. handed CPA a very damaging loss in terms of playoff implications this year, 34-21. It was a very weird game with CPA going up 14-0 in the first 4 minutes, and appearing to be on the way to a big win. But East Lit. scored 21 unanswered in the 1st half after that with dominating line play and some very fast skill players breaking big plays. CPA should have scored another TD but dropped a pass in the end zone to a wide open receiver.

CPA tied it 21-21 in the 3rd and appeared to regain the momentum, but 4 big plays in the 2nd half killed CPA - two dropped easy interceptions - one that was tipped to the EL player for a TD - a missed FG after taking a sack deep in EL territory, and several missed tackles on a 3rd and long TD run from midfield by EL.

I might say that EL has a very impressive team with a lot of size in the line, and some very fast and skilled backs. At first I thought CPA could load up the box and stop the run, forcing EL to pass, but the EL QB turned out to be a very good passer. I wouldn't be surprised to see EL win a lot of games. They are very talented.

CPA will have to beat Pearl Cohn now and hope EL beats Pearl Cohn to make the playoffs. This will not be easy. The bright spot is CPA is very young, so they should get better every game.

• Upvote 1

Thank You for clarifying this shadow. East Literature is not an "automatic" qualifier if they beat Pearl-Cohn this year. The formula to make the playoffs as an automatic qualifier is not the same this year as it was last year.

The top 2 teams go as automatic bids (regardless of whether they are 3A or 4A) from every district.

After that the teams are taken as wild cards and the first thing that will be a deciding factor when that process occurs is OVERALL WINS.

That means that both CPA & East Literature better find a way to get to 5-6 wins this season because 4 is not going to be enough to land a playoff spot.

East Literature has Whites Creek & Stratford remaining and I believe they will beat both of those teams. They need to do themselves a favor and not get tripped up against Glencliff & Sycamore (which cost them the playoffs last season).

I know you put a lot of stock in comparative scores...but how did EL beat Westmoreland by only 3?

I know you put a lot of stock in comparative scores...but how did EL beat Westmoreland by only 3?

Why are you trying to antagonize? I have said nothing about comparative scores for almost a year, and admitted to eating crow last year. You are the one bringing up comparable scores, not me. I don't know anything about Westmoreland or their game with EL, and have said nothing about it, but I do say EL is a good team because I watched them play.

I'll be at the SC/Westmoreland this Friday, so I will be able to make a more informed comment then.

I will say this after seeing both EL and SC play. I would pull hard for SC to win if they played, but I would pick EL to win based on what I have seen. Just my opinion, and that is what CoachT is all about.

Why are you trying to antagonize? I have said nothing about comparative scores for almost a year, and admitted to eating crow last year. You are the one bringing up comparable scores, not me. I don't know anything about Westmoreland or their game with EL, and have said nothing about it, but I do say EL is a good team because I watched them play.

I'll be at the SC/Westmoreland this Friday, so I will be able to make a more informed comment then.

I will say this after seeing both EL and SC play. I would pull hard for SC to win if they played, but I would pick EL to win based on what I have seen. Just my opinion, and that is what CoachT is all about.

You...accusing my of antagonizing... :D Now...that's funny my friend. I wasn't doing any such thing. It was a legitimate question. You have pulled out the comparative score thing for years. I told you then not to put much stock in that. I wasn't even thinking about last year.

I could care less...right now...how we stack up with EL. We don't play them in the regular season. We could in the playoffs...who knows? By then...we will both be different teams.

You...accusing my of antagonizing... :D Now...that's funny my friend. I wasn't doing any such thing. It was a legitimate question. You have pulled out the comparative score thing for years. I told you then not to put much stock in that. I wasn't even thinking about last year.

I could care less...right now...how we stack up with EL. We don't play them in the regular season. We could in the playoffs...who knows? By then...we will both be different teams.

If you don't care a thing about teams you don't play in the regular season, why did you feel the need to even read this topic and post a jab at me in a topic called "E.Lit. over CPA"? Hmmm? You obviously care enough to post in topics of these teams "you could care less" about. Or maybe you do just want to antagonize. Plus, if my posts are so worthless, why do you even read them and feel compelled to respond?

I'm sorry I waste your time posting things you feel compelled to read and comment on. Why don't you and the rest of your "expert" friends just talk among yourselves? At least when I post on the SC topics, I do it to discuss the game, not put you down for an opinion you had years ago.