Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

soxfan, I see it like this. Things are never as good as they seem and things are never as bad as they seem. The new weight room is really first class. We've got great kids that work hard. We just don't have the number of exceptional athletes that we used to have. I think the coaching staff is good, not great, they also work very hard. I think Blade will give it a few more years, at least until this years sophomores are seniors, the sophs seem to be our most talented class. After that, who knows.

After Halls we have Maryville, Anderson County, Karns, Hardin Valley, Clinton, Campbell Co.

I think we'll be 2-4 after Maryville and Anderson County, hope I'm wrong. Then, if the coaches can hold a 2-4 team together, I think we are good enough to close out with 4 wins to go 6-4. That is if the team remains positive and doesn't quit. It will be a huge challenge for the coaching staff. If it plays out like that we may or may not make the playoffs under the new criteria.

Edited by ORidgeKat

soxfan, I see it like this. Things are never as good as they seem and things are never as bad as they seem. The new weight room is really first class. We've got great kids that work hard. We just don't have the number of exceptional athletes that we used to have. I think the coaching staff is good, not great, they also work very hard. I think Blade will give it a few more years, at least until this years sophomores are seniors, the sophs seem to be our most talented class. After that, who knows.

After Halls we have Maryville, Anderson County, Karns, Hardin Valley, Clinton, Campbell Co.

I think we'll be 2-4 after Maryville and Anderson County, hope I'm wrong. Then, if the coaches can hold a 2-4 team together, I think we are good enough to close out with 4 wins to go 6-4. That is if the team remains positive and doesn't quit. It will be a huge challenge for the coaching staff. If it plays out like that we may or may not make the playoffs under the new criteria.

I agree that the most difficult part will be keeping things together if you are 2-4. Karns, HVA, Clinton and Campbell Co are terrible so a #4 seed is possible, right?

It is possible, but nobody knows for sure because now only the first and second place finisher in the district has a guaranteed playoff spot. The others are determined by a wildcard type situation based upon a BCS points rating. So who knows.

Right now we just need to figure out how to beat Halls.

Oh yeah, I forgot about last year's debacle by TSSAA.

I heard Coach Stevens gave the halftime motivational speech. Is that correct? I couldn't imagine our new Coach using 'bad' language. To date, Stevens the only coach who has ever used such 'filty' words to the kids. Does he have company now? Just wondering......

I know someone who is not going to be happy that this was brought up again... Rally, Do you want to take this one?

I know someone who is not going to be happy that this was brought up again... Rally, Do you want to take this one?

Obviosly jedave has a chip on his shoulder where SS is concerned. I guess the foul language that SS was accused of using has now been associated with Blasde at halftime the other night. I actually have no problem with a little foul language from SS or Blade. We are joking ourselves if any of us think that it doesn't take place. The difference is that SS was not well received by the Wildcat faithful from day one and anything he did wrong was quickly used against him (and his mistakes were numerous and well documented). Blade is still in somewhat of a "honeymoon period" and if he does some of the same things (some, not all) that SS did, they will be viewed differently. Another huge difference in the two situations is that while SS was not well received early on by many, Blade has been well received by most, as he should have been.

Obviosly jedave has a chip on his shoulder where SS is concerned. I guess the foul language that SS was accused of using has now been associated with Blasde at halftime the other night. I actually have no problem with a little foul language from SS or Blade. We are joking ourselves if any of us think that it doesn't take place. The difference is that SS was not well received by the Wildcat faithful from day one and anything he did wrong was quickly used against him (and his mistakes were numerous and well documented). Blade is still in somewhat of a "honeymoon period" and if he does some of the same things (some, not all) that SS did, they will be viewed differently. Another huge difference in the two situations is that while SS was not well received early on by many, Blade has been well received by most, as he should have been.

I think the reason SS was nt welcomed with open arms by all is because there were reports were that Coach G. was coming back... and there were some a small number that did nt want Coach G. back- Now- I think a lot of folks were behind SS and 2005 staff right up until the end of that season. Then it got worse and worse.

I feel that Blade should get be given the same chance that SS was given..

So JED there are many more things to be documented just to be fair.

Edited by bladerunner