Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

I think the reason SS was nt welcomed with open arms by all is because there were reports were that Coach G. was coming back... and there were some a small number that did nt want Coach G. back- Now- I think a lot of folks were behind SS and 2005 staff right up until the end of that season. Then it got worse and worse.

I feel that Blade should get be given the same chance that SS was given..

So JED there are many more things to be documented just to be fair.

I agree with you. Where we may disagree, however, is that I think that Blade has already been given the same chance that SS was given, if only by his reception. I don't believe that Blade will be here many more years despite the chances afforded to him.

I agree with you. Where we may disagree, however, is that I think that Blade has already been given the same chance that SS was given, if only by his reception. I don't believe that Blade will be here many more years despite the chances afforded to him.

I hate to jump into your discussion about SS but I have to say that I agree with BR on this one. Disclaimer: I no longer live in OR so I didn't talk to a lot of people on the street, but my take was that most people welcomed SS with open arms. I know I did. Before anyone was named coach, I was one who would have liked to get JG back, but once SS was named, I was pulling for him in a big way. What a great story it would have been! Home town guy, goes and wins a state championship and then returns to OR, wins a championship there very quickly, etc.

My attitude first started to change at the championship game when I saw IMO a coaching staff that simply could not make mid-game corrections to force a simple offense to have to do something else to beat you.

Then there were the discipline issues that the staff tolerated on the team.

Then there were the poor judgement issues, knife, clinton incident, etc.

Inability to install a high percentage high school passing offense.

Then I heard from reliable sources that SS was not the type of coach who led by example with regard to first one there, last one to leave.

I could go on and be much more specific, but we've all been there and done that. I will say that I personally resented people (not you Rally) insinuating that the only reason people might not care for SS as the OR coach was his race. Couldn't have been farther from the truth in my case and I suspect most people's case. No, SS EARNED the opinion of many OR fans who felt like he was in over his head and the program was on a downward spiral with him at the helm. I do agree with you Rally that there is no benefit to continuing to bash him, but on the other hand, if someone opines that SS was never given a fair shake I'm going to have to speak up and say I strongly disagree.

There are no guarantees but I believe CSB has the program headed in the right direction and I will support him just as I did the former OR coaches throughout the years as long as he earns that support.

rant.gif

Edited by Govolsknox