Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

Ok guys, oak ridge looked pretty good against central, but how good was central to begin with? Powell has been playing light out lately, but it looks like fulton is not the team everyone thought they were, and halls? well, that goes without saying, with all due respect to halls there just not very good... so, who takes it at the "ship" this year?

Ok guys, oak ridge looked pretty good against central, but how good was central to begin with? Powell has been playing light out lately, but it looks like fulton is not the team everyone thought they were, and halls? well, that goes without saying, with all due respect to halls there just not very good... so, who takes it at the "ship" this year?

If Oak Ridge can stop the Powell running game, Oak Ridge will win. If they can't, look for Powell to pull off the upset. Powell has a pretty good team. My prediction: Oak Ride wins 28-24 in a close one.

If Oak Ridge can stop the Powell running game, Oak Ridge will win. If they can't, look for Powell to pull off the upset. Powell has a pretty good team. My prediction: Oak Ride wins 28-24 in a close one.

Sadly, and i hate to say, but i cant see oak ridge stopping powell's running game... hope i am wrong though... i say powell 31-21... please prove me wrong OR lol

What is really strange is that in spite of the fact that these two schools are only about 12 miles apart as the crow flies, this will be Powell's first trip ever to Oak Ridge to play a varsity football game. Last year's win at Powell by Oak Ridge was the first time the two had ever even played in varsity football.

The two schools, of course, have been in the same district for a while now in other sports and have a very good rivalry, especially in girls and boys basketball. There have been some classic games played between the two in both. It's odd that they had never played in football before last year when the football re-classification/re-districting took effect.

What is really strange is that in spite of the fact that these two schools are only about 12 miles apart as the crow flies, this will be Powell's first trip ever to Oak Ridge to play a varsity football game. Last year's win at Powell by Oak Ridge was the first time the two had ever even played in varsity football.

The two schools, of course, have been in the same district for a while now in other sports and have a very good rivalry, especially in girls and boys basketball. There have been some classic games played between the two in both. It's odd that they had never played in football before last year when the football re-classification/re-districting took effect.

True, HTV. But I'm glad we are playing each other. Last year, the Powell faithful provided a great game-night atmosphere. With this being out home opener, it should be a great night for football this year as well.

As far as the outcome of the game, I think Powell would have to be viewed as the favorite as they are playing very well. We are in similar shape as you guys were last year. We start a lot of young guys. I just hope we come out with the same intensity as we did against Central. Should be a close game.

True, HTV. But I'm glad we are playing each other. Last year, the Powell faithful provided a great game-night atmosphere. With this being out home opener, it should be a great night for football this year as well.

As far as the outcome of the game, I think Powell would have to be viewed as the favorite as they are playing very well. We are in similar shape as you guys were last year. We start a lot of young guys. I just hope we come out with the same intensity as we did against Central. Should be a close game.

With this being Oak Ridge's first home game of the season, i believe they will come out FIRED UP! If OR can weather the storm early, they have a very good chance of pulling this one out. Powell looks very impressive to this point and have alot of confidence.

I say.... Powell 35 Oak Ridge 21