Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

So, that's why Halls lost 62-7? Wow. Talk about sour grapes.

I've seen the tape a couple of times, too. No offense intended, but you are completely delusional and that comment doesn't deserve the bandwidth used to post it. :roflol:

Yeah, I'm not sure what pxtra saw, but if it was an issue, even a poor set of officials would have seen it at least once (and hopefully flagged him for it).

I think he was just saying that there is an issue.. Not making excuses. I could be wrong.

Even at that Bladerunner, don't you find it a bit odd that if he did it so many times, according to that poster, that he was never flagged for it? Sounds like a major taste of sour grapes to me.

Dy'shawn isn't a dirty player. Does he play hard and all out? Absolutely, which is part of what makes him a very good football player. Halls had several personal foul penalties called against them on Thursday. Does that mean they are dirty?

No, and the accusations against Dy'shawn are as baseless as would be calling Halls dirty because they committed personal fouls.

Sour grapes - plainly and simply.

Even at that Bladerunner, don't you find it a bit odd that if he did it so many times, according to that poster, that he was never flagged for it? Sounds like a major taste of sour grapes to me.

Dy'shawn isn't a dirty player. Does he play hard and all out? Absolutely, which is part of what makes him a very good football player. Halls had several personal foul penalties called against them on Thursday. Does that mean they are dirty?

No, and the accusations against Dy'shawn are as baseless as would be calling Halls dirty because they committed personal fouls.

Sour grapes - plainly and simply.

Have you ever seen an official at a Maryville game?

Have you ever seen an official at a Maryville game?

Having been in the same region with Maryville for years, you know that I have. I'm not going to make this a Maryville thread because Maryville has nothing to do with these accusations.

OK, let's just say that the officials "favored" Powell against Halls, which is not the case, by the way. It's not like it was a close game where a few calls or non-calls determined the outcome. Those officials work every school in Knox County and were the same crew that worked the Oak Ridge/Farragut TV game, by the way, so how do you explain that other crews haven't found Dy'shawn to be a dirty player either in home games or on the road?

That just doesn't make sense, because there is no truth to it.

Sour grapes and not reasonable to believe by a rationally thinking person to be possible.

Having been in the same region with Maryville for years, you know that I have. I'm not going to make this a Maryville thread because Maryville has nothing to do with these accusations.

OK, let's just say that the officials "favored" Powell against Halls, which is not the case, by the way. It's not like it was a close game where a few calls or non-calls determined the outcome. Those officials work every school in Knox County and were the same crew that worked the Oak Ridge/Farragut TV game, by the way, so how do you explain that other crews haven't found Dy'shawn to be a dirty player either in home games or on the road?

That just doesn't make sense, because there is no truth to it.

Sour grapes and not reasonable to believe by a rationally thinking person to be possible.

Like I said in my post.. I could be wrong.. Officials don't miss calls. I hear you.

Edited by bladerunner

Like I said in my post.. I could be wrong.. Officials don't miss calls. I hear you.

Nope, didn't say that, but did you read the guys post?

Quote:

"Oak Ridge...After watching the game for Powell/Halls, watch for Powell #2, not because he is fast, but because he likes to grab the base of the helmets of the opponents and jerk them as well as go for the facemasks. Lets see if the refs catch any of them this week. Good way to snap a kids neck doing that. They beat us good but was pretty amazed after watching game back on TV how much this was done. Should be a good game!"

The inference is that what he is accusing the player of is a regular occurence, which is just not the case.

No offense intended to you, BR, but taking that stance is pretty silly.

Based on HTV's history on CoachT, if he says he has seen the tape and it's a none issue, then it's a non-issue (other than the grape issue- LOL). :thumb:

Wow. You really took a shot at me, didn't you? Too bad it missed the mark.

The point is that if there were really something there is it not reasonable to believe that it would be noticed by game officials? Is Powell at the level that officials would ignore those types of blatant penalties?

It's pretty silly, really. Try bringing something with some reasonable and rational thought behind it.

And Bladerunner, what does Maryville have to do with this issue? No, I didn't see the Maryville/WB tape. There was no reason for me to. Again, it's just plain silly to even bring Maryville in to this discusson.

Wow. You really took a shot at me, didn't you? Too bad it missed the mark.

The point is that if there were really something there is it not reasonable to believe that it would be noticed by game officials? Is Powell at the level that officials would ignore those types of blatant penalties?

It's pretty silly, really. Try bringing something with some reasonable and rational thought behind it.

And Bladerunner, what does Maryville have to do with this issue? No, I didn't see the Maryville/WB tape. There was no reason for me to. Again, it's just plain silly to even bring Maryville in to this discusson.

i was just saying that an official will miss a call now and then. They don"t get to look at replay.. Even if they did.. sometimes you don't see everything..

Edited by bladerunner