Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

Everyone keeps talking about Powell's offense, but i believe it's going to be their defense that wins the game for them, if they can pull this one out. This is going to be the best game in the Knoxville area friday night.

I agree, Powell's defense will be a big difference maker in this game, and hopefully other big games later on this season. I think that Powell's defense has been a huge surprise already. That was a major weakness for this team last year, but the front six/seven have really proved themselves as a reliable weapon. Fulton may be a bit overrated this year, but the way the Panthers beat the Falcons (with offense AND defense), there is no denying that this Powell team has a good chance to win on Friday night.

Oak Ridge...After watching the game for Powell/Halls, watch for Powell #2, not because he is fast, but because he likes to grab the base of the helmets of the opponents and jerk them as well as go for the facemasks. Lets see if the refs catch any of them this week. Good way to snap a kids neck doing that. They beat us good but was pretty amazed after watching game back on TV how much this was done. Should be a good game!

Hey Jeddave30,

What was the Lavergne score? Was it Riverdale they played?

Just when we were starting to get along...what difference does it make what happened in Lavergne? You seem obsessed with SS. He is gone and you should be so happy that you never even mention him at all...yet you can't leave it alone. Please explain the reason for your preoccupation with SS.

After 12 varsity games, OR junior QB Bradley Zulliger moving up the OR all-time lists. Unofficially, he has 1475 passing yards for 15th place all-time. 51 more yards to 12th place. 206 yards to catch Tommy Laurendine for 11th. 15 career TD passes has him tied with 3 others including coach Jeff Miner for 14th. 2 more gets him a tie for 10th with Laurendine and Jerry Colquit. 3 more to tie Dean Williams at #9.

Just killing time. More on the game later.

Edited by OR nole

Yea he did, my question wasn't meant to sound like why is Spencer coaching the linebackers instead of Coach Mitchell, I was just wondering why Mitchell hasn't been coaching the linebackers all-a-long. And, I don't mean that to be critical of whoever was or is coaching the linebackers, it just seems like a good fit for him.

Edited by catback

Oak Ridge...After watching the game for Powell/Halls, watch for Powell #2, not because he is fast, but because he likes to grab the base of the helmets of the opponents and jerk them as well as go for the facemasks. Lets see if the refs catch any of them this week. Good way to snap a kids neck doing that. They beat us good but was pretty amazed after watching game back on TV how much this was done. Should be a good game!

So, that's why Halls lost 62-7? Wow. Talk about sour grapes.

I've seen the tape a couple of times, too. No offense intended, but you are completely delusional and that comment doesn't deserve the bandwidth used to post it. :roflol:

So, that's why Halls lost 62-7? Wow. Talk about sour grapes.

I've seen the tape a couple of times, too. No offense intended, but you are completely delusional and that comment doesn't deserve the bandwidth used to post it. :roflol:

I think he was just saying that there is an issue.. Not making excuses. I could be wrong.

Edited by bladerunner