RHEA COUNTY vs. DEVRIN YOUNG (BEARDEN)

EaglePride1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. Bearden comes down south to Evensville. After last nights showing just off Back Valley, RC looked better than in the first two weeks. Cam threw the ball well; Des ran well. Our defense played alright but still missed quite a few tackles. As for Bearden, I think the Green and Gold will have their hands full. Should be a good one.

And for you RC readers, just because this shows as my first post, I'm not new to the boards. Just thought I'd change up my name so you guys would have something else to figure out since you think you know who everybody is on here :roflol:

Edited by UnsilentMajority

Well. Bearden comes down south to Evensville. After last nights showing just off Back Valley, RC looked better than in the first two weeks. Cam threw the ball well; Des ran well. Our defense played alright but still missed quite a few tackles. As for Bearden, I think the Green and Gold will have their hands full. Should be a good one.

And for you RC readers, just because this shows as my first post, I'm not new to the boards. Just thought I'd change up my name so you guys would have something else to figure out since you think you know who everybody is on here :roflol:

Thanks for the explanation otherwise we might have lost some sleep over this tonight.

I gotta go with the boys in green. They pulled it together last night. Still room for improvement and that begins at 2 PM on Monday.

I say Eagles by 7.

Edited by rheacountyeaglefan

Thanks for the explanation otherwise we might have lost some sleep over this tonight.

I gotta go with the boys in green. They pulled it together last night. Still room for improvement and that begins at 2 PM on Monday.

I say Eagles by 7.

Rhea County had a hard time containing Devrin last year as he rushed for 150+ . He is faster and stronger as a sr. I look for another HUGE night in limited snaps.....Bearden puts up 30+ and wins big IMO.....

I just dont see Rhea County begin able to contain Young....

wish both teams an injury free game.....

he has touched the ball 31 times and hs 910 APY and 16 tds.....and he has played the equivalent of 1 1/2 games...he has 564 yards on 22 carries and 11 tds on the ground...that kinda production is too much imo for Rhea County to handle....

Edited by orangeblur

Rhea County had a hard time containing Devrin last year as he rushed for 150+ . He is faster and stronger as a sr. I look for another HUGE night in limited snaps.....Bearden puts up 30+ and wins big IMO.....

he has touched the ball 31 times and hs 910 APY and 16 tds.....and he has played the equivalent of 1 1/2 games...he has 564 yards on 22 carries and 11 tds on the ground...that kinda production is too much imo for Rhea County to handle....

You could be right. This will definitely show what our defense has got. We look forward to seeing Mr. Young play this year. Sounds like he's having a great year so far. Here's to a safe game for all. I'm still sticking with the boys in green. I'm an optimist.

I'm not going to make a prediction here. I'm a realist. I know who is coming to town and how good they were last year. But, I'm not going to say there's no chance, either.

Ball control, well-timed trickery, and onside kick every chance you get. Open the playbook. Empty the clip. See what sticks. Play like there's nothing to lose.

It could happen.

I can't speak for Devrin, but IMO if he read the title of this thread he would ask it read Rhea Co vs Bearden. He is a very humble young man. I will also leave all the stats and technical predictions to my man OrangeBlur.

I will keep it simple. Bearden by 21, and Young has another highlight real preformance. Hope both teams stay healthy and God Bless.

From watching film on Bearden this afternoon, and watching Young it is like watching someone playing NCAA 2011. He can run it inside, outstide, he catches very well, and he can block. He is a lot thicker than he was last year, but he still has some of the best speed and moves I have ever seen out of a high school running back. There are some plays that he makes were you just sit back say WOW! If we hold Young under 3 TDs in the first half we have really done something. If he gets pass the 2nd level, then go ahead and give him 6. He is a special player and a very nice young man after meeting him last year at one of the Maryville play-off games. I doubt even Knox Catholic or Maryville can contain him. Bearden is a defensive coordinators worst nightmare to plan for because Bearden has much more than just Young. However, all eyes will be on Young that is for sure.

I'll get more in depth on the rest of Bearden a little later on, but I am very impressed with Bearden. They are a all around solid and very physical team.

It is going to be a hard but good challenge for our team and a treat to watch as a fan.

As for Rhea keep the ball far way from young on kick-offs at all costs. Open up the playbook and throw everything including the kitchen sink at them. Control the ball, make tackles, contain, contain, contain, and play your hearts out boys.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Not true. I was very unimpressed with Young last year. I'm ready to see the real deal Friday night.