OCCHS Rebels (1-2) @ Cape Central Tigers (2-0)

When I mentioned the comments in the paper made by Coach Jackson, I hope nobody was stupid enough to think I meant he told his team the same thing...

I've never heard a coach say those things...That's all...I'm like JustaOCfan, I'm not sure what his reasoning was but I'm sure he had one...

The reason I put it down in the first place was that if he and his coaches really believed that, I could see how that attitude, on purpose or not, could rub off on the team..Kids can pick up on uncertainty..They are not idiots...

Now...To the big helmet and the new uniforms...SO WHAT ?!?....This program has played second fiddle to just about every program at OC for awhile...Larry Shanks begged and begged for what he had done for the facilities..You surely remember what the place looked like before he got there??...What they have now is a starting point...The program looks like a program now...I don't remember a coach that has worked so hard to get donations or fundraisers going...The QB Club has done an awesome job as well...Kids enjoy that stuff...Does it make them play better ??..I don't know but it helps make them want to come out...The more kids you got to chose from to play the better off you are...(We can try to compare UC's numbers of 24 and whatever but that's like comparing a grape to a watermelon..UC plays in 1A and they have 350 or so kids..OC has 1000 or so...Big difference...UC couldn't compete in 3A(4A playoffs)with 24 kids...

And by the way...Bowling has only been at UC three years...He isn't done changing uniforms...Let's also not forget all the changes to the fieldhouse and all the new weights he has brought in...OC isn't the only program upgrading...You have to to stay up with the times...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly right, you have to have the right equipment to train, get stronger, and get better. Coach Jackson and his staff have done a great job changing the attitude and moral of that program. Alot has been done to improve that team, stuff that doesn't show on the scoreboard or in the stat sheets. I as a parent of a ballplayer am proud that my son plays for OC and has been a pa rt of the change that is happening there! Keep your heads up boys and stay focused! GO REBELS!!

Exactly right, you have to have the right equipment to train, get stronger, and get better. Coach Jackson and his staff have done a great job changing the attitude and moral of that program. Alot has been done to improve that team, stuff that doesn't show on the scoreboard or in the stat sheets. I as a parent of a ballplayer am proud that my son plays for OC and has been a pa rt of the change that is happening there! Keep your heads up boys and stay focused! GO REBELS!!

Great post ocucsf! You should be very proud of your son. Hopefully he can look back one day and say he was part of a team that changed the whole thought process of Obion Central football! Coach Jackson has done a wonderful job of promoting his team and making it a fun thing to do. The kids really seem to enjoy playing for him. I may not agree with all the calls that are made on the field, but who does? That's the great part of being a fan! We are very lucky to have a coach like him in our program and I hope he's in it for the long haul!

Agree 100%...Great post !!

Great post ocucsf! You should be very proud of your son. Hopefully he can look back one day and say he was part of a team that changed the whole thought process of Obion Central football! Coach Jackson has done a wonderful job of promoting his team and making it a fun thing to do. The kids really seem to enjoy playing for him. I may not agree with all the calls that are made on the field, but who does? That's the great part of being a fan! We are very lucky to have a coach like him in our program and I hope he's in it for the long haul!

You know, the paper has been talking about Coach Bowling's undefeated record in the series...Well, my family is undefeated in the series to...When I played at UC we were 2-0 in varsity games and we won the freshman game...My oldest son played for OC and was 4-0 in varsity games..My youngest son played at UC his freshman year and he was 1-0..So, something's got to give Friday night...

Its up to the kids I think. They are coached good in all facets of the game. They know what to do they just have to execute, a little leadership on the field and just fight a little harder. And good things will happen. Hoping for a good safe Game for all involved. After all This is the only Game a year I can root against UC because of my personal connection with some of those kids as well! GO REBELS!!!!!!