OCCHS Rebels (1-2) @ Cape Central Tigers (2-0)

I Haven't posted or read any unrealistic viewpoints about this program. I have read stats and game recaps, true or not, about where this team is lacking. Most of which appear To be posted out of pleasure , I question the intent! And I only asked if You had a son that plays there, don't remember questioning him or his abilities.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Haven't posted or read any unrealistic viewpoints about this program. I have read stats and game recaps, true or not, about where this team is lacking. Most of which appear To be posted out of pleasure , I question the intent! And I only asked if You had a son that plays there, don't remember questioning him or his abilities.

When I recap a game on here, it's not all fluff....There is no intent....There is no pleasure in having your son come home after a loss...So there is no need to question anything....

Obion Central has the potential to be an 8-2 team....They also have the potential to be 1-9..It's all up to them...

When I recap a game on here, it's not all fluff....There is no intent....There is no pleasure in having your son come home after a loss...So there is no need to question anything....

Obion Central has the potential to be an 8-2 team....They also have the potential to be 1-9..It's all up to them...

Edited by UCGRAD

I like what you post P & G Standard. You seem to tell the TRUE facts.

Folks in our high school football area like to always go back to the could haves, would haves and should haves. I know that is part of the game, but the Rebels are always so close in some games and not others, they have to look at something. The Rebels show they can compete and until you win the close and big cames, the Could haves, would haves and should haves will always be talked about.

Good luck Rebels come saturday, this game could be a game and season changer for you. Getting a win against teams below your class will not do you any good going up against teams that beat you day in and day out.

Bring a "W" home from across the mighty Mississippi......

I like what you post P & G Standard. You seem to tell the TRUE facts.

Folks in our high school football area like to always go back to the could haves, would haves and should haves. I know that is part of the game, but the Rebels are always so close in some games and not others, they have to look at something. The Rebels show they can compete and until you win the close and big cames, the Could haves, would haves and should haves will always be talked about.

Good luck Rebels come saturday, this game could be a game and season changer for you. Getting a win against teams below your class will not do you any good going up against teams that beat you day in and day out.

Bring a "W" home from across the mighty Mississippi......

Thanks and good luck in Huntingdon tonight !!....

After playing two tough teams close the OCCHS Rebels traveled to Cape Girardeau,MO today and got it handed to them 46-13....

It was truly a team effort today as neither the offense or defense came to play...

First off I'll start with the offense..Here is a recap of their first 6 drives..

1.The Rebels allowed their first sack of the year and went three & out...

2.Got a couple first downs but a procedure penalty and a bad snap ended the drive and they had to punt again..

3.Interception

4.Three and out...3rd punt of the game..

5.Interception

6.Three and out...4th punt of the game..

Meanwhile the Cape Central offense was doing this...

1.First drive 15-16 play drive that covered 91 yards..During the drive the Tigers converted on three third and longs and one 4th and 6...The Rebels were guilty of a 15 yard personal foul penalty also..0-7

2.Cape's second drive seemed to be stopped after the Rebels held on a 3rd and 8 when they sacked the Tiger QB..Cape lined up for a FG and missed but the Rebels were flagged for roughing the kicker giving the home team an automatic first down...After the Tigers committed a holding penalty that gave them a first and goal from the 17, the Rebs held the next play for no gain but was whistled for another personal foul penalty and gave the Tigers another automatic first down..The Tigers then scored...0-14

3.The Rebels had Cape third and six from their own 24 yard line but Keilon Moore ran 76 yards for another score...0-20

4.Cape then tried to give the Rebels some momentum..They fumbled on this possession..OC gave the ball right back on the interception..

5.Cape then turned the ball over again on a fumble...The Rebels threw another interception...

In short, OC couldn't get off the field on defense and then couldn't keep any kind of sustained drive going on offense...

Cape Central had over 20 first downs in the game and had around 290-300 yards rushing...They also showed the Rebels they could pass as they went 10-11 for 107 yards and two TDs through the air...

The Rebs Trey Phipps was 12-24 for 119 yards passing with two TDs and two INTs...The Rebs didn't help themselves at all with three turnovers and 8 or 9 penalties...The Rebels were never really in the game from the start...

After playing two tough teams close the OCCHS Rebels traveled to Cape Girardeau,MO today and got it handed to them 46-13....

It was truly a team effort today as neither the offense or defense came to play...

First off I'll start with the offense..Here is a recap of their first 6 drives..

1.The Rebels allowed their first sack of the year and went three & out...

2.Got a couple first downs but a procedure penalty and a bad snap ended the drive and they had to punt again..

3.Interception

4.Three and out...3rd punt of the game..

5.Interception

6.Three and out...4th punt of the game..

Meanwhile the Cape Central offense was doing this...

1.First drive 15-16 play drive that covered 91 yards..During the drive the Tigers converted on three third and longs and one 4th and 6...The Rebels were guilty of a 15 yard personal foul penalty also..0-7

2.Cape's second drive seemed to be stopped after the Rebels held on a 3rd and 8 when they sacked the Tiger QB..Cape lined up for a FG and missed but the Rebels were flagged for roughing the kicker giving the home team an automatic first down...After the Tigers committed a holding penalty that gave them a first and goal from the 17, the Rebs held the next play for no gain but was whistled for another personal foul penalty and gave the Tigers another automatic first down..The Tigers then scored...0-14

3.The Rebels had Cape third and six from their own 24 yard line but Keilon Moore ran 76 yards for another score...0-20

4.Cape then tried to give the Rebels some momentum..They fumbled on this possession..OC gave the ball right back on the interception..

5.Cape then turned the ball over again on a fumble...The Rebels threw another interception...

In short, OC couldn't get off the field on defense and then couldn't keep any kind of sustained drive going on offense...

Cape Central had over 20 first downs in the game and had around 290-300 yards rushing...They also showed the Rebels they could pass as they went 10-11 for 107 yards and two TDs through the air...

The Rebs Trey Phipps was 12-24 for 119 yards passing with two TDs and two INTs...The Rebs didn't help themselves at all with three turnovers and 8 or 9 penalties...The Rebels were never really in the game from the start...

Didn't see that one coming- score wise anyway. I agree with you that it didn't seem like they cared to play today. Don't know if it was the early start, bus ride, or the game being on Saturday. It shouldn't matter because Cape had to do the same thing minus the bus ride. I really thought Obion Central was starting to turn the corner with the football program. There was considerable hype coming into this season and the school was fully behind the football team. Then a game like today happens and you wonder if Obion Central will ever be more than anything than a team that has a good season every now then. I hope they have the ability to bounce back quickly because Union City sure won't feel sorry for them.

Didn't see that one coming- score wise anyway. I agree with you that it didn't seem like they cared to play today. Don't know if it was the early start, bus ride, or the game being on Saturday. It shouldn't matter because Cape had to do the same thing minus the bus ride. I really thought Obion Central was starting to turn the corner with the football program. There was considerable hype coming into this season and the school was fully behind the football team. Then a game like today happens and you wonder if Obion Central will ever be more than anything than a team that has a good season every now then. I hope they have the ability to bounce back quickly because Union City sure won't feel sorry for them.

rebfan65..If I post this then I'm not supportive yada,yada,yada.....We know each other and you have been a lifelong fan of this program....You know way more than I do about this program..You've been to triple the amount of Rebel games than me, probably more...So you know...Long story short...Good post...

BTW...I really thought OC would win...All I had heard was how bad Cape's secondary was..This was from fans up there...I was worried about the long ride,playing on Saturday and playing in the afternoon but those are all excuses and those circumstances can't be blamed for what happened out there today...Maybe those two close losses took their toll...They have some kids out and playing hurt but the other guys that are getting a chance to play have to be ready and step up...You are exactly right..UC won't have any pity on them...It's their home opener..The crowd will be big...OC always gets up for the Tornadoes though....

As I really hate to say thing, but the Rebels seem to me will never get over the hump. I really do not know what it is. Does It show they can or can't compete day in and day out with schools their size. Really!! I'm sorry but that is just the way I feel.

Now, I know they had their chances with C C and Sikeston and easily could be 3 and 1 as we speak.

Now with that aside, if they were to get a win against Union City, really doesn't do their program any good. None what so ever. Union City is putting up yards and have shown they can now pass to some point. Can the Rebels stops Union City's run game ??? Probably not.

What kills me and I have listened and watched the Rebels play is their late hits, personal foul and stupid Penalties. Something is just not right here folks. I listened to the game against Cape and the Rebels acted as they never got on the bus in Troy to cross the river.

Like I have said before...the Rebels will be lucky to win 4 games this year....and if you want to count a rent a win Fulton Co. as a win go ahead but those type games and deals only hurt your program...not help. Playing teams like Sikeston and Cape is good for your program as your trying to build.

Not to late but getting close. The Rebels now have 4 games under their belts and really not much to show for.

There has to be a answer..don't know what it is but the kids work hard each day and deserve to win. Good luck and will be a interesting game this week against Union City. With a loss this week against Union City could really set the Rebels back even futher and the coach knows that. A win is a win but still doesn't prove the Rebels are ready to play with the big boys.

Edited by UCGRAD

You guys need to open your eyes. OC dominated Crockett and lost the game in the end and that one hurt. Played well against a team in which they were severally out manned and made it close against Sikeston. Then played poorly against a team that they were out manned against in Cape Central the results show what happens. OC's three losses are to opponents that have a combined record of 9-0. Crockett is about the best in this area and those two Missouri would mop up nearly any team in this area. Get down if you choose but OC can very possibly still run the table.

Edited by OCVol