Centennial @ Smyrna

milo118

You won't get very much smack talk from our end. Smyrna has tremendous talent on both sides of the ball. Their LBs in particular are extremely talented.

Centennial has to rebound from an emotional loss last week, cut down on mistakes, and continue to improve. They give great effort every time out and this Friday should be no different.

I just hope that the Cougars have something left in the tank after last week.

The Franklin game should have put something in the tank, not empty it. One less mistake somewhere in that game and they have a huge upset. If that doesnt fire them up to play harder and with much more discipline, there was never much in the tank anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Franklin game should have put something in the tank, not empty it. One less mistake somewhere in that game and they have a huge upset. If that doesnt fire them up to play harder and with much more discipline, there was never much in the tank anyway.

With this statement coming from an old coach, I totally understand where you are coming from. However, these aren't professionals, they are high school kids who are very emotional because of their age. That's why we see so many upsets on Saturdays the weeks following an emotional win or loss.

Edited by cougarblack

Centennial lost a heartbreaker in the final ticks to Franklin. They have never beaten them and I am sure they are going to be down this week from such an emotional loss. Franklin is normally a tough opponent but without Donnie Webb calling the D and keeping the discipline in check, they aren't even close to being a contender. Saying that, I think Smyrna rolls BIG.

Hey, 2 brainless! FHS vs. CHS is a rivalry game. It is Centennial's super bowl (which they have NEVER won) so that is why it was a close game. I am one that sees our defense as better than it was last year under your great one. Ask BGA how the defense is doing over there (uh 33 points last week --check the score yourself) If I were you, then I would check this post in about six weeks from now and you may have to eat your words saying Franklin is not a contender!

I do agree with you that Smyrna rolls over Centennial. I have seen both teams play. (FHS scrimmaged Smyrna) so I know which is better. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FHS AND DEFENSE. Centennial is just not as good as Smyrna.

I would hope Centennial could find some motivation after the game last year. I think the score was 40-0 or 40-7 something like that. Plus it is Homecoming night. Plenty of things to draw from. Bulldogs have to ready to play. If we think the game is already won then this could be a let down game. But i have confidence that the coaching staff will have them ready to play. No let downs this week. Go Dawgs!!! :mrgreen:

Hey, 2 brainless! FHS vs. CHS is a rivalry game. It is Centennial's super bowl (which they have NEVER won) so that is why it was a close game. I am one that sees our defense as better than it was last year under your great one. Ask BGA how the defense is doing over there (uh 33 points last week --check the score yourself) If I were you, then I would check this post in about six weeks from now and you may have to eat your words saying Franklin is not a contender!

I do agree with you that Smyrna rolls over Centennial. I have seen both teams play. (FHS scrimmaged Smyrna) so I know which is better. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FHS AND DEFENSE. Centennial is just not as good as Smyrna.

Wow fbforme...your showing up in the Centennial thread, Hogan thought you might have got the "Sleeper Hold" put on ya after the close Cougar contest.Guess there was no time for that onside kick last week :roflol::roflol:

Ask BGA how many points "your great one" scored against them..yep that is right 6 big ones and Hogan will be here for the next 6 weeks :roflol::roflol:

Wow fbforme...your showing up in the Centennial thread, Hogan thought you might have got the "Sleeper Hold" put on ya after the close Cougar contest.Guess there was no time for that onside kick last week :roflol::roflol:

Ask BGA how many points "your great one" scored against them..yep that is right 6 big ones and Hogan will be here for the next 6 weeks :roflol:

I only showed up here since that guy was calling out our team and saying we had no discipline! I back the REBELS! Why do you call me out all the time Hogan? What's your deal? I just know that our game with Centennial in no way shows how good we will be come the end of the season. It was their Super Bowl and yes they once again LOST!!!

The Rebel offense is much better now then the first game of the season. That is why we only scored six points in the first game. I never called our offense great (as you refer to) but I do say we are getting better every week. That is done by good coaching and players responding.

I hope we do call an onsides kick this week. It puts pressure on our defense if we don't get it and as we have shown we can handle it!

No Cougar has ever put a "sleeper hold" on any REBEL! :roflol: