BA vs. Olive Branch

BAEagleFootball

It is not just speed it is size and talent. We had nine different kids catch a pass in our last game. Our starting 4 are big too. They are all around 6'3. This size adavantage plus the speed is why we dominated in 7 on 7 over the summer. (We destroyed #USA today's North Gwinnett in their own tournamnet and knocked shiloh christian out of their own tournament and went on to win that one as well)

Our bread and butter is our Defense. Could be as many as 6 guys from the defense sign to play d-1 ball.

Why am I saying all this? Well, yes I am a crazy person but I also feel we have been snubbed this year. I don't want Brentwood Ac fans to down themselves when they lose tomorrow. I know all of the papers are picking BA but I am telling you it isn't going to be close. keep your heads up.

Thanks for your concern MsPowerhouse . . . we'll do our best to keep our heads held high after we get blown out by OB.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no idea who wins tonight, but I'm pulling for BA. Last year's BA team struck me as painfully inconsistent. Watching them in the first MBA game (the only BA game I saw), I couldn't imagine how anybody had beaten them. If they're better than last year's team, I would say they're the team to beat in Middle and East Tn.

OB will be BA's 1st real test this year. I think after this game we (fans and coaches) will know what type BA team will have this year. OB will test the BA offense by plugging the outside and stunting.

BA's defense will need to contain OB's QB and make him force something to happen.

I think it will be close with turnover's and the kicking game playing a major role in the outcome.

BA 24 OB 21

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from MsPowerhouse again. Physically speaking that OB team was as impressive a team physically I have seen perhaps since Robert E. Lee back in '94. They had size and speed all over the field but once they got down big it didn't appear as if LSU commit #14 had much interest in the game. This was as good as I have seen BA play in several years.

This was a dominating performance by BA. OB got the ball 1st, went 3 and out,BA took the ball and marched right down and scored, and OB looked a little stunned. They had one nice answering drive, but that was about it. The final 7 points for OB came with about 30 seconds left against the 2nd and 3rd team. BA blocked a punt for a TD and just outran what was supposed to be a pretty fast team.

Great win for BA and a good win for TN football.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from MsPowerhouse again. Physically speaking that OB team was as impressive a team physically I have seen perhaps since Robert E. Lee back in '94. They had size and speed all over the field but once they got down big it didn't appear as if LSU commit #14 had much interest in the game. This was as good as I have seen BA play in several years.

I would agree, but hopefully MsPowerhouse will not hang his head . . . :rolleyes:

They were pretty impressive looking, but BA ran away from them on a few occasions so I don't think they were as fast as billed (or BA is faster than billed!). If BA can continue to play to that level, they will be hard to beat.

By the way Trader is always going to pick against us. He thought East would beat OB this year and look how that turned out.

MsPowerhouse,

You are 100% INCORRECT on both counts:

1) Nowhere in my comments did I ever pick East to defeat Olive Branch!!

2) I actually like Olive Branch and, for the record, have stated numerous times on the Mississippi boards that I root for Olive Branch everytime they are playing anyone... except a Tennessee team. By the way, I usually go watch OB play about 2 or 3 games per year.

For the record, here is a cut-and-paste copy of the comments that I posted (Posted: 8/13/2010 7:09 PM) on the Mississippi boards about the East-Olive Branch game:

Olive Branch will get "upset" by Mphs East.....according to some of the East fans, on the street. They are apparently expecting some big things out of their Mustangs this season.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

I have not seen East play during any scrimmages, yet. So, I can't vouch for the quality of their team; I just know that they will field a young, inexperienced (but, "talented," they say...) team, featuring their BLAZING fast RB -- Brian Kimbrow (consistently clocked sub 4.30 forty-yard dash times, this Spring).

Since OB is apparently a young team also (from what I've read on this board), who knows how all these "green" youngster's will perform, once the lights come on next Friday night @ Olive Branch. Given this, no outcome will surprise me.