13AA

redbirdfan

Haven't heard a word about this game?

I find it odd that for the past several years Gibson Co Pioneer is always the first to post about GC.Always after a game.And I noticed he was on the boys thread about an hour ago posting about the Westview tourney.Hmmm?Did they lose or not play well against a Single A team?Curious minds want to know.And I know we don't have a girls team so don't even come back with that.lol

OC is starting out a little sloppy, but starting to pull it together with some depth to the bench. Senior Mackenzie Tucker, Junior Macy Wright, and sophomore Brandi Goodman are each capable of putting of 20+ points a night and have demonstrated it several nights. OC should provide a highly competive game to any opponent.

Also, I posted this score the very next day on the 14a thread. Choctaw, stick to the boys threads. They need you more over there, lol. Once again, you thought you had me and you didn't. I comment after every game, win or lose. Even when obion co. beat us that one time over the two years. These games to me are not as serious to me as you choctaw fans take em. Its life or death over there. If it comes down to it, I can start giving a brief rundown on the game to satisfy you. We head over to martin today at four today to play bolton. Ill give a rundown of it to satisy your needs.

Gibson co. defeated bolton today by the score of 60 35. Your welcome choctawfan2011.

Thanks GC..Just trying to make sure you're on your toes.I looked in the Jackson Sun and didn't see anything about that game the next day.Even the Choctaw girls won last night.I don't post very ofter,just every now and then.Usually just read.But I do like keeping up with all the area teams.Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After beating Gibson County last week at home, the Westview Lady Chargers were on the road at Dyersburg last night. Westview improved to 2-0 in district 13AA play after knocking off the Lady Trojans 61-57. Westview has seemed to pose a problem for their first two 13AA opponents by showing they can score from every position. Breanna Pitcher, who has been leading Westview in scoring this season, was given alot of attention by Dyersburg last night. Pitcher was held to just 4 points. But that didn't seem to phase the Lady Chargers. Sophomore Teddie Vincent and junior Taylor Swaim both scored 16 in the game and played very aggresively. In addition, freshman Kaley Leyhue added 10 while senior point guard Jacey Sims dropped in 8. Another 7 points came from Westview's bench, who continue to provide very productive minutes at this early point of the season. Westview this year, is scoring both inside and outside and tends to distribiute the ball very well.

Dyersburg was lead by junior guard Kay K. Tate who scored a game high 29 points last night. Unfortunately for the Lady Trojans, she was the only player in double figures on her team. Tate is obviously their "go-to" player and plays well on both ends of the court.

Gibson Co. loses to Covington tonight by the score of 49-44. In no way EVER should a Gibson Co. team lose to a Covington team like this one. No knock on Covington, but they are definately nowhere near the best team we will face this year and there's no explanation as to how Covington beat us except they wanted it more. We come out of the half with a twelve point lead. Our lead evaporates within the first 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter and Covington goes on a 12-0 run to tie it up. Still no timeout. Covington then goes up by as many as 5 points in the 3rd eventually ending the 3rd period with a 3 point lead. Oh yea, we still have all 5 timeouts left. We're in the 4th quarter and Covington gets up by as many as 9. Finally with around 3 min. left in the game a timeout is called. I know coaches can get caught up in the game, but not that caught up. I must admit that was one of the most sickening games I've watched at Gibson Co. in years. Maybe things will change. Keep working hard ladies!

sorry GCP, no puke bags left here to letcha have, I used 'em all up tonight as we were defeated on our home floor too 59-54 by OC.

The frustrating thing is that the refs called the game EXACTLY like we needed them too (i think we hit about 30 FT's) and OC had all their studs on the bench in the second quarter and Macey Wright and McKenzie Tucker both fouled out.

sorry GCP, no puke bags left here to letcha have, I used 'em all up tonight as we were defeated on our home floor too 59-54 by OC.

The frustrating thing is that the refs called the game EXACTLY like we needed them too (i think we hit about 30 FT's) and OC had all their studs on the bench in the second quarter and Macey Wright and McKenzie Tucker both fouled out.

We are in serious need of puke bags. Things seem to be going downhill for GC. I know we weren't supposed to be state champion contenders this year, but losing to Covington tonight the way we did does not reflect well on GC girls basketball. Once you see Covington play this year, you'll wonder how GC or any of the better teams in 13AA would lose to them. There are some upset people in GC land and we have the right to be upset after that tonight. Nothing against our girls that played extremely hard for 4 quarters and did all they could do.

I expected OC to be the team to beat. They have very solid guardplay to go with the 6'2 post in Goodman. I imagine they will be in Murfreesboro this year representing 13AA if things go as they have thus far.

Obion County was the better team last night. They exploited their strength by feeding the post. Goodman had a strong game scoring 22 points and her presence underneath the goal caused our girls to alter their shots. Westview obviously didn't play their best game committing over 20 turnovers and shooting poorly from the floor. Alot of the credit goes to the aggressive OC defense. They were the obvious aggressor from the tip of the ball. Obion's aggressive play almost back fired with the number of fouls they committed which allowed Westview to stay in the game throughout by shooting great from the line. Late in the 4th, both Wright and Tucker fouled out but Westview could not capitalize. Westview stayed in the game behind a variety of scoring from Swaim (16), Pitcher (13), Leyhue (11), Sims (6), and (8) from the bench. Being in the game until the very end despite the poor shooting and excessive turnovers, tells me that these two teams are evenly matched. I look forward to the rematch at Obion.