Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Let me take a shot at that.......No one. Two solid teams play a classic game, completely living up the the pregame hype, something that rarely happens. SM played about as solid a game as they're capable of playing, caught a break late, and pulled out a narrow win over SP. Statistically, except for the late turn over, that's likely how it should have turned out. SM will likely win the Region but, I see only winners out of this. SP demonstrated they can play with any 1A or 2A team in the state. SM demonstrated they can stay on the field with any 1A school. Hmmmmmm. Except for a blemish on their season record, SP should be just fine for the remainder of the season. Here's a thought. If championships are won with great defenses, we might have just seen the two Silver Ball winners tonight. You think I'm joking but I'm not. Giving up 40 and 36 points don't win Gold Balls very often. Geno, PowerP, lay off the coach. Going in with the lead (after trailing most of the first half) and Big Mo on your side was the correct call. I thought SP had the game well in hand at that time.

Great post!! It was a classic!!! It sucks to lose but was one heck of a game.

Hey Croz, Uncle Dave got to meet Seven tonight....and I am sure we will see Gordonsville in the playoffs. I don't remember ya'll being slow. That first drive in last year's game looked impressive. No reason to lie...Signal had a good quarterback and just wore down the defense in the 2nd half with a punishing running attack. We are once again succeptable to the power running game so I am sure if we do meet it will be a great game...speed against power.

You got the matchup right, it will definitely be speed vs. power.

We have a good big RB, but he's get's chase down alot of times. However, he still gets the job done.

Our QB is faster, he's more dangerous in the open field.

Seven has seen both of us, so he should have some pretty good insight.

Did he have his kissing booth set up?

He had some real lookers (blah) in line last week. :wub:

Old Pirate wants to 1st congratuate SM for a great game and a tremendous team effort. OP says while the largest majority of fans a great, THE FOCUS should be there and not on the few that all programs are often times forced to tolerate.

The Pirates fell victom to an ole back yard whupping, plain and simple. Heck, OP says them Eagles won the ball game the way the SP once won championships 3,4,5 or 6 yds at a time and kept the chains moving. Us old guys from any program can appreciate that style of play. The Eagles proved that a "total" team effort can and do win big games and championships. Thanks goes out to the whole SM team for showing what "A TEAM" can do. Respect earned tonite from a lot of folkes:thumb:

Old Pirate says the game was a great game and all who witnessed it has to agree. Fact is both teams were winners tonight regardless of what some of these imbreds say here on coacht. These youngons gave us a great show. Congrats to the Pirates on a hard fought game, git back to work.

The Pirates didn't make enough plays to win with dropped passes, fumbles and busted coverages that nailed ther fate. Old Pirate says the Pirates as a whole need to git into shape. That cramps have become overdone. It appears most cramps follow poor performance by the player. This OP is plain sick of seeing it. FIX THE PROBLEM...

Recon OP will take a quote from the SS here..I TOLD YOU SO......SM WAS FOR REAL

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

typin this from a blackberry sorry if somethin mispelled

Vic did not coach good tonight

where is the jr high coach at that won with those kids

don't know his name but i dont tink he ever lost a game

sp is good but signal was better

i will see sp again when they visit my alma matar polk

He is the athletic director at Central, and yeah he lost some games. It was a rough start at first, but then the program got rolling. You might be talking about Stone though. He came after Cooper, and I dont know for sure, but he prob never lost a game. He is still on the sidelines. His son is the backup QB.

You got the matchup right, it will definitely be speed vs. power.

We have a good big RB, but he's get's chase down alot of times. However, he still gets the job done.

Our QB is faster, he's more dangerous in the open field.

Seven has seen both of us, so he should have some pretty good insight.

Did he have his kissing booth set up?

He had some real lookers (blah) in line last week. :wub:

You know, we all said that once they re-aligned 1A that it would either be SP or Gordonsville representing this side of the state. Not trying to get to far ahead, but I think that will be the case this year. I just hope our boys don't let this game get to them. They will not win the region, but they will still make the playoffs and should have a great season. Two more big games left on the schedule...Boyd and Polk Co.

I did not see any lookers around him....heck Butchie was there if that gives you an indication of the company he had with him at halftime!! LOL!!! I guess I will pick on Butchie since he can't defend himself.

Old Pirate wants to 1st congratuate SM for a great game and a tremendous team effort. OP says while the largest majority of fans a great, THE FOCUS should be there and not on the few that all programs are often times forced to tolerate.

The Pirates fell victom to an ole back yard whupping, plain and simple. Heck, OP says them Eagles won the ball game the way the SP once won championships 3,4,5 or 6 yds at a time and kept the chains moving. Us old guys from any program can appreciate that style of play. The Eagles proved that a "total" team effort can and do win big games and championships. Thanks goes out to the whole SM team for showing what "A TEAM" can do. Respect earned tonite from a lot of folkes:thumb:

Old Pirates says the game was a great game and all who witnessed it has to agree. Fact is both teams were winners tonight regardless of what some of these imbreds say here on coacht. These youngons gave us a great show.

The Pirates didn't make enough plays to win with dropped passes, fumbles and busted coverages that nailed ther faint. Old Pirate says the Pirates as a whole need to git into shape. That cramps have become overdone. It appears most cramps follow poor performance by the player. This OP is plain sick of seeing it. FIX THE PROBLEM...

Old Pirate, I believe not playing 4 quarters of a game is what hurts our boys the most. When I played, just about every game was like the one tonight so the starters stayed in the whole game or at least until late in the 4th quarter. Until tonight, our starters have not been called on to play the whole game...and what a physical game it was!!

Let me take a shot at that.......No one. Two solid teams play a classic game, completely living up the the pregame hype, something that rarely happens. SM played about as solid a game as they're capable of playing, caught a break late, and pulled out a narrow win over SP. Statistically, except for the late turn over, that's likely how it should have turned out. SM will likely win the Region but, I see only winners out of this. SP demonstrated they can play with any 1A or 2A team in the state. SM demonstrated they can stay on the field with any 1A school. Hmmmmmm. Except for a blemish on their season record, SP should be just fine for the remainder of the season. Here's a thought. If championships are won with great defenses, we might have just seen the two Silver Ball winners tonight. You think I'm joking but I'm not. Giving up 40 and 36 points don't win Gold Balls very often. Geno, PowerP, lay off the coach. Going in with the lead (after trailing most of the first half) and Big Mo on your side was the correct call. I thought SP had the game well in hand at that time.

Just saying that there were some questionable coaching calls...but hey thats life...Can not be perfect all the time!! Learn from it and move on :thumb:

Edited by powerp

You know, we all said that once they re-aligned 1A that it would either be SP or Gordonsville representing this side of the state. Not trying to get to far ahead, but I think that will be the case this year. I just hope our boys don't let this game get to them. They will not win the region, but they will still make the playoffs and should have a great season. Two more big games left on the schedule...Boyd and Polk Co.

I did not see any lookers around him....heck Butchie was there if that gives you an indication of the company he had with him at halftime!! LOL!!! I guess I will pick on Butchie since he can't defend himself.

I think you're right, however, I hope we're not in the same quad again. A game like that should happen in the semi's, IMO.

Put a wig on Butchie, and you'll have an idea what they looked like last week. :wacko:

The PittsburgLegend wants to say congrats to Signal. If a legend like myself was out there the game wouldnt have even been close. Just ask Seven. Legend Status is earned on defense in my book, and nobody for South Pittsburg achieved anything close to Legend Status tonight. For me Signal's QB earned Legend Status. Hopefully the Pirates can get back to their winning ways next week, and for Signal I think you all should win out. I would just try to avoid the creekbank. Nice talking to you seven. Good luck to Trousdale in their run for another Gold Ball.

Edited by PittsburgLegend

Old Pirates says the game was a great game and all who witnessed it has to agree. Fact is both teams were winners tonight regardless of what some of these imbreds say here on coacht. These youngons gave us a great show.

The Pirates didn't make enough plays to win with dropped passes, fumbles and busted coverages that nailed ther faint. Old Pirate says the Pirates as a whole need to git into shape. That cramps have become overdone. It appears most cramps follow poor performance by the player. This OP is plain sick of seeing it. FIX THE PROBLEM...

I agree 100 percent about the cramps...Run em and make them drink water the whole week...Even people from out of town was saying this team was unconditioned...I do not know if that is the truth because I do not know how much they run...but it does not seem like enough

I think you're right, however, I hope we're not in the same quad again. A game like that should happen in the semi's, IMO.

Put a wig on Butchie, and you'll have an idea what they looked like last week. :wacko:

Yep...if we play it should be for who gets to represent this side in Cookeville.

That made me laugh out loud....woke the wife and kids up! I'm signing off tonight....finally coming down after the game

Edited by UncleDave