Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Hey Guys, What A Game.....It Was Great To See So Much Support For Both Teams. I Think I Enjoyed Meeting People More Than The Game. But Signal Has A Heck Of A QB. And Their Band Is Awesome As Well! I Just Wish There Was Room For Me In The Stands...I'm So Short Seeing The Game Was Tough At Times. I Just Wonder Who Had The Most Yards Of Offense? There Was 3 Offensive Units Out There Competing At The Same Time....Did The Ref's Win? :roflolk:

Short? lol It was nice to see Butchie,Seven, Pittsburg Legend and everyone else last night...Did not see any Signal folks though...but yea our O line has to do a better job firing off the ball...And I want to commend Josh Wilson..played a heck of a game...even though he was bothered by cramps or an injury for most of the second half

I'm proud of our teams and our communities. What a show of class. I was not on the field, nor was I everywhere in the stadium, but from what I saw and heard from the time I pulled in to South Pittsburg until the time I pulled out, I saw a fine example of pride and class from the red and white and from the orange and black. I believe we saw two state championship teams battle it out last night. In fact, I'll predict it. I hope we can have a joint celebration about mid-December!

How close was my last prediction?

smeagleproud said: SM 38 SP 35

scoreboard said: SM 40 SP 36

GO VOLS!

Short? lol It was nice to see Butchie,Seven, Pittsburg Legend and everyone else last night...Did not see any Signal folks though...but yea our O line has to do a better job firing off the ball...And I want to commend Josh Wilson..played a heck of a game...even though he was bothered by cramps or an injury for most of the second half

The Troll was kind of skerd to come over there lookin' for you fellas. Looked like Halloween over there with all the Orange and Black. Them cherries in the bottom of that mason jar must of made the Troll sick, cause I wuzn't walkin' so good by halftime. Me and the Fall Creek Hermit really enjoyed the Beene, though.

You fellers wuz saying that Beene was good for one TD. Does that mean the Eagles would have won 40-28 in the Eagles' Nest? He....he...he. :roflolk:

And for all you nice fellers down in the Valley. I wuz askin' last night if'n ya'll could bring yourselves to yell for us Eagles if'n we meet them fellers from the Creekbank. Sounds like Old Pirate is kind of skerd of Yellowjackets. Has he got some allergy to bee stings? :roflolk:

We'd sure yell for you fellas, if'n yous playin' somebody besides us.

So, I waited a day to post on here. First of all, congrats to SM, they are the real deal. the QB can play at the next level, but I want to commend #7 for SM. He dropped some passes, but also made some great hands catches tight roping the sideline. I said this game would come down to coaching, and I give the edge to SM. Both coaches had great plans that worked, obviously from the score going back and forth and ending so close. The reason I give the edge to signal is because of that wishbone formation or whatever that was. I agree with some of the old fellers, sometimes it is best to just pound it out up the gut. I do miss those days, but the spread also does work for the speed guys we have had the past couple years... if executed. We had too many dropped passes and the fumbles killed us. The fumble at the end was not a fumble. His knee was down, enough said. Travis played this game better than any 1st year QB could have. He is getting better each game and growing up in the process... i commend thee. I just don't understand how our safety continued to get beat on that playaction tight end pass????? This game was one of the best I have seen in years.

*CONGRATS SIGNAL, BUT WITHOUT A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR, THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING!

**WE HAD SOME LOSSES LAST YEAR AND STILL MADE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP... LET'S REGROUP AND DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

So, I waited a day to post on here. First of all, congrats to SM, they are the real deal. the QB can play at the next level, but I want to commend #7 for SM. He dropped some passes, but also made some great hands catches tight roping the sideline. I said this game would come down to coaching, and I give the edge to SM. Both coaches had great plans that worked, obviously from the score going back and forth and ending so close. The reason I give the edge to signal is because of that wishbone formation or whatever that was. I agree with some of the old fellers, sometimes it is best to just pound it out up the gut. I do miss those days, but the spread also does work for the speed guys we have had the past couple years... if executed. We had too many dropped passes and the fumbles killed us. The fumble at the end was not a fumble. His knee was down, enough said. Travis played this game better than any 1st year QB could have. He is getting better each game and growing up in the process... i commend thee. I just don't understand how our safety continued to get beat on that playaction tight end pass????? This game was one of the best I have seen in years.

*CONGRATS SIGNAL, BUT WITHOUT A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR, THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING!

**WE HAD SOME LOSSES LAST YEAR AND STILL MADE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP... LET'S REGROUP AND DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Thanks Pirate Mike. I don't have to tell you fellers how good you are, it goes without sayin'. I just hope us mountain folk started earning a little respect last night. You folks wuz very nice to us last night, and we 'preciate it.

I'd come down and watch ya'll next week against them Pounder boys, but seen enough mercy rules this year. :roflolk:

Me and the Hermit might have to go watch the Injuns and Warriors next week. The Fall Creek Hermit don't like Injuns too much, and we might have to do some scoutin'.

Wow, what a great day! The evil Pirates lost last night and the sun is shining bright and beautiful this morning! Gotta love it!

:thumb:

Im guessing the Pirates have beat your team for awhile now, and the only was you can get satisfaction is when Pirates suffer a rare loss from another team. So depressing. You will never achieve Legend Status with a attitude like that yound lad.

ACHIEVING LEGEND STATUS WAS MY CHOICE

I'm proud of our teams and our communities. What a show of class. I was not on the field, nor was I everywhere in the stadium, but from what I saw and heard from the time I pulled in to South Pittsburg until the time I pulled out, I saw a fine example of pride and class from the red and white and from the orange and black. I believe we saw two state championship teams battle it out last night. In fact, I'll predict it. I hope we can have a joint celebration about mid-December!

How close was my last prediction?

smeagleproud said: SM 38 SP 35

scoreboard said: SM 40 SP 36

GO VOLS![/u]

Yes sir! Lets get this W today against those lame Gaytors.

Im guessing the Pirates have beat your team for awhile now, and the only was you can get satisfaction is when Pirates suffer a rare loss from another team. So depressing. You will never achieve Legend Status with a attitude like that yound lad.

ACHIEVING LEGEND STATUS WAS MY CHOICE

The Pirates beat my team only once (in the playoffs a few years ago). One visit to Beene Stadium, along with putting up with all the Pirate fan crap on here is enough to make anyone hate them.

It doesn't happen too much, so I'll love it while I can, thank you!

By the way, I'm not depressed. My team is still winning quite often!!

:thumb:

Well I think it was worth saying that was an awesome game!!!! My thanks go out to the boys on both teams for laying it all out and leaving nothing behind. It was truly a pleasure to be there cheering you on!!! This game and each of you will always be legends in my mind.

I hope everyone had safe travels home. Only thing left to say today is GO VOLS!!!!