Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

The problem with Signal is that they can throw the ball as well as anyone in the small division. Those HUGE receivers they have are really impressive. A great passing game to go along with a great running game is a recipe for disaster for opposing teams. I looked at the paper and that Signal team had over 250 yards passing as well. Trust me. They are IMPRESSIVE.

They are impressive. No one doubts it. SP is also impressive. I stated that the good teams believes the way to beat SP is to play smash mouth football (similar to what UC and Polk Co did last year).

Wingman10 were you at the game on Friday night? What team do you follow? If you were at the game, how do you think SP is this season compared to last season's team? Offense, defense, special teams? I do think this year's South Pittsburg team is better defensively than last year's team if they are playing a one dimensional team. I think the way to beat South Pittsburg this year is throwing the football. They lost Robinson off last year's team and that would hurt any secondary.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Wingman10 were you at the game on Friday night? What team do you follow? If you were at the game, how do you think SP is this season compared to last season's team? Offense, defense, special teams? I do think this year's South Pittsburg team is better defensively than last year's team if they are playing a one dimensional team. I think the way to beat South Pittsburg this year is throwing the football. They lost Robinson off last year's team and that would hurt any secondary.

I follow a lot of teams and I agree with you on passing the ball. I also know that a lot of coaches believe the way to beat SP is to play smash mouth football.

I follow a lot of teams and I agree with you on passing the ball. I also know that a lot of coaches believe the way to beat SP is to play smash mouth football.

That's wild. I remember back in the 90's that is all SP did. They ran that single wing and the power I and just played smash mouth. Now people think that is the best way to beat them. I agree that last season that was the best way to beat them. I remember Polk County beating them on misdirection plays to the wingback and QB sweeps though. Union City was also a team that ran straight ahead, but it was all option. What do you think about the 2010 SP team compared to last year? You think the 2010 team has a shot at the gold ball?

Old Pirate says the Pirates lost safety=T.Rob. Corner- M. Jones and Nose Guard-J. Blevins from the defense and no one can come close to replacing from this 2010. Granted some others players may have matured but don't look like any got much stronger. OP feels the 09 team would be a 2-1 advantage on winning title. OP ain't saying theys can't do, it's jest the gun powder and weapons fall short so far to OP.

Recon OP agrees with wingman, course the Pirates have good speed but lack size and strength so a direct frontal attack jest makes since.

Zonepirate you are right about the depth issue. They have ALOT more players than SP has. I agree that the QB we have played a good game. SP has a good team as well as Baylor North. I think this team has a shot this season. You always seem to have alot of information about South Pittsburg. Do you have a source close to the program or what?

When your son plays QB you sort of stay close to the team he is leading. Thats why Zone knows a lot. Travis managed the game well Friday night, and from what I have heard didnt fumble. Wait Signal fans before you get all offensive. As The PittsburgLegend has already stated it doesnt matter if it was a fumble or not because you guys had plenty of time to score again if the Pirates went up that drive. That last drive 1st downs were coming pretty easy for Signal so you guys still would have came out on top. Besides that one turnover whoever had the ball last was going to win the game.

Edited by PittsburgLegend

Zonepirate you are right about the depth issue. They have ALOT more players than SP has. I agree that the QB we have played a good game. SP has a good team as well as Baylor North. I think this team has a shot this season. You always seem to have alot of information about South Pittsburg. Do you have a source close to the program or what?

I kinda keep a close eye on things, my son is the QB. The depth of SM is what surprised me. We just don't have the numbers

Sorry about that zonepirate. I didn't know you were the dad of our QB. He has been playing well this season. Tell him that The Ambassador hopes he keeps up the good work. Baylor North is a team that is going to be tough for anyone in 2A to beat this season. Hopefully these SP boys will keep playing tough and bring home a gold ball this season.

I kinda keep a close eye on things, my son is the QB. The depth of SM is what surprised me. We just don't have the numbers

Recon it won't be a suprise to nobody else in the future. Us be'n able to tagteam 4-5 legitimate RB's makes our ground game punishing in the fourth quarter.

What'd you fellers think 'bout Coach Price's little stunt holdin' half the team in the fieldhouse, 'til after you'uns had done your walk thing? Your fellas and the crowd looked a little rattled when the other half of the flock come out of the nest. :mellow:

Good luck fellers. I said before, the Troll thinks you shoulda stayed #1, but it don't matter. A few more mercy rules, and ya'll are back on top. Even that don't matter. What matters is how you play in November. LOL.

The Troll seen you fellers play Grundy. QB looks like he's gettin' better every week. He'll be ready for November. :thumb:

Don't know how all this works, but recon we'll be 3A next year as fast a the school is growin'. Recon we'll be in with Bledsoe and Sequatchie. Hope we keep SP on the schedule, but ya'll might not. :roflol:

That's wild. I remember back in the 90's that is all SP did. They ran that single wing and the power I and just played smash mouth. Now people think that is the best way to beat them. I agree that last season that was the best way to beat them. I remember Polk County beating them on misdirection plays to the wingback and QB sweeps though. Union City was also a team that ran straight ahead, but it was all option. What do you think about the 2010 SP team

compared to last year? You think the 2010 team has a

shot at the gold ball?

TrainTracks says those teams you refer to in the mid to late 90's is like comparing apples to oranges....Maybe more speed now but that's where the line is drawn....2007 team was tough as nails for sure but these last three are not in same category....With that being said this years team should still win it... I honestly think this years team is better than 08 or 09 even with loss to SM