Gordonsville@Monterey

pasttiger

i may have said it wrong but what i was getting at is your boys are machines. they are fast, block well and know what to do to a tee. they cross all t's and dot all i's. this is my view of the game from where i was at.the first three quarters were a dead heat. speed vs power. i dont think our defenses played poorly. on that night two offenses caught fire. i believe going into the fourth the jackets slowed just half a step. it was gordonsville game in that quarter. that missed kick was huge. i didnt see much for either team to improve on. all i saw was two teams dropping bombs on each other. i have no doubt tc will punch their ticket to cookville. tc can play at that level each week. can the tigers stay sharp playing what we have left to play. i hope we dont withdraw back into our running game and cost on in to the playoffs. you should agree with me when i say that game was epic. that piece of pie i refered to is simple. please dont take for granted what is built in tc. you know how it goes, its like easy come easy go in a matter of speaking.i think we saw our program reborn. the way our boys responded to being hit in the mouth. all i have ever seen is run run run. i think coach marshalls program is finally starting to come together. i wish both our programs the best for the rest of this season. one thing i got to know. did that #7 get into roy dillards red bulls before the game.man he is fast.

I get what you are saying. Truth is...I was putting that out there as much for our fans as anyone else. We are spoiled "effing" rotten! Now I can't say too much about this, because I've been known to go somewhere else when we're playing a less fortunate team in our region, but the only time we get a good crowd (from TC) is when people think we could get beat. Then when the game actually turns out to be a good one, all they do is fuss and complain that we didn't win by some huge margin. Newsflash folks....Gordonsville is not a bad football team. What a joke! If anyone needs a football coach....come to Trousdale County. We've got thousands! :rolleyes:

pt, as for the meeting of the minds. I guarantee we cold get some of the coachTer's together and solve all of the worlds problems. :roflolk::thumb:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you are saying. Truth is...I was putting that out there as much for our fans as anyone else. We are spoiled "effing" rotten! Now I can't say too much about this, because I've been known to go somewhere else when we're playing a less fortunate team in our region, but the only time we get a good crowd (from TC) is when people think we could get beat. Then when the game actually turns out to be a good one, all they do is fuss and complain that we didn't win by some huge margin. Newsflash folks....Gordonsville is not a bad football team. What a joke! If anyone needs a football coach....come to Trousdale County. We've got thousands! :rolleyes:

pt, as for the meeting of the minds. I guarantee we cold get some of the coachTer's together and solve all of the worlds problems. :roflolk::thumb:

TC, G'ville, and SC usually "make the budget" for teams that we travel to and play. Opponents want to see these three teams get beat, especially by their program. All three carry very good crowds to away games. Put the good crowd that we bring with the larger crowd than normal by the home team, it usually equals the largest gate the home team will have all year. Don't know why they dislike us so much since we finance their football program. :popcorneater:

TC, G'ville, and SC usually "make the budget" for teams that we travel to and play. Opponents want to see these three teams get beat, especially by their program. All three carry very good crowds to away games. Put the good crowd that we bring with the larger crowd than normal by the home team, it usually equals the largest gate the home team will have all year. Don't know why they dislike us so much since we finance their football program. :popcorneater:

That's where I disagree. We don't travel well at all, and I'll be the first to admit I'm just as guilty. Oh...we'll travel well for select games and in the playoffs. That's when TC people start showing up. I kinda felt sorry for the Jackson Co. people. They talked like their was a real buzz around town during the week of our game, only to be disappointed by our lack of fan support. I guess that's just what happens with success.

My beef is unsatisfied fans. I mean we did win Friday night against a pretty good ball team. I heard the "talk of the town" Saturday morning and it was just ridiculous, moronic, and idiotic. Croz, Grunt, ole3putt and whoever else is in the know....is this the worst defense you've seen (in 50 years) at TC? Are we supposed to beat everybody by 40? These are just some of the things I've heard. Spoiled rotten I tell you! :popcorneater:

That's where I disagree. We don't travel well at all, and I'll be the first to admit I'm just as guilty. Oh...we'll travel well for select games and in the playoffs. That's when TC people start showing up. I kinda felt sorry for the Jackson Co. people. They talked like their was a real buzz around town during the week of our game, only to be disappointed by our lack of fan support. I guess that's just what happens with success.

My beef is unsatisfied fans. I mean we did win Friday night against a pretty good ball team. I heard the "talk of the town" Saturday morning and it was just ridiculous, moronic, and idiotic. Croz, Grunt, ole3putt and whoever else is in the know....is this the worst defense you've seen (in 50 years) at TC? Are we supposed to beat everybody by 40? These are just some of the things I've heard. Spoiled rotten I tell you! :popcorneater:

I've talked to some fans where I work, and they're saying the same thing.

IMO, Gville has a pretty good offense when everything is clicking. I haven't seen the stats for the last game, but we've had 2 100 yard rushers in two games, and against SC, Woodmore ran for 170. Woodmore is an All-State Back and Smith is an All-State caliber athlete. Both are 3 year starters, and our line has 3 3-year starters. TC went up against an experienced Gville team and won.

Now, are the defenses just that bad, or are the offenses pretty darn good?