What is wrong with McNairy Central?

jungletiger

Lets start with sutton: number 3 on the single season rushing chart as a freshman with 1658 yards (under browder). QB (kiestler) won the tennessee titans qb camp and the manning academy top qb award. Lineman redmon(some say the best ever to play there) and bunton 6-3 and 6-4 over 275 both started under browder and both are in the upper level of lineman to play at mc according to a former player who played at tennessee. carroll-damron-melton all played against mcnairy browders last year 2008 and the score was 34-12. Speaking with former coaches-players and present the kids loved browder and he helped them in every way possible not flaunting it but quietly going about the business of winning and building character.Maybe you want glover to stay to continue the streak and if he is such a good coach please hire him (4-20 record). Coach Browder will be back at mcnairy in 2011 and maybe that scares some people. He loved adamsville and had fond memories there and spent time with coach gray on building his program and also they are cousins. most of the team and community at mcnairy wants him back and he has won 6 to 8 games with less talent. The deal is this he played the best people and did not play politics like the current coach and alot of people with power did not like that. Alot of the players currently starting were playing under browder 2 yrs ago I will get a list and post it on here. You have your opinion we have ours but records speak for themselves.

Browder had 31 wins and 33 losses in his final six seasons at McNairy! What was the reason for all those losses? With all this talent you speak of at McNairy it couldn't have been the talented players! So I guess it had to be the coaching, but wait, you say Browder could win with less talent yet he didn't! So now that they are in a down cycle it is the coaches fault, yet when Browder was losing I guess it was the kids fault!! Go figure!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browder had 31 wins and 33 losses in his final six seasons at McNairy! What was the reason for all those losses? With all this talent you speak of at McNairy it couldn't have been the talented players! So I guess it had to be the coaching, but wait, you say Browder could win with less talent yet he didn't! So now that they are in a down cycle it is the coaches fault, yet when Browder was losing I guess it was the kids fault!! Go figure!!!!

You are correct about the record but which is best 5-21 (glover) the worst winning percentage in mcnairy central history or browders record in the last six years. Everyone knows a'ville is scared of browder and knows glover is a sure win. That talent above you mentioned browder went 8-2 and 6-4 with those kids playing as 9th and 10th graders but we can argue all day the cardinalds will be facing "ELVIS" next season. By the way browder is the winnest coach in mcnairy central history. Like or not glover is a loser and browder is a winner. The kids want browder back so get off the glover lover kool-aid utvol and get a life for yourself.

You are correct about the record but which is best 5-21 (glover) the worst winning percentage in mcnairy central history or browders record in the last six years. Everyone knows a'ville is scared of browder and knows glover is a sure win. That talent above you mentioned browder went 8-2 and 6-4 with those kids playing as 9th and 10th graders but we can argue all day the cardinalds will be facing "ELVIS" next season. By the way browder is the winnest coach in mcnairy central history. Like or not glover is a loser and browder is a winner. The kids want browder back so get off the glover lover kool-aid utvol and get a life for yourself.

Amen jungletiger utvol should worry about aville! And stay out of our business he left out 7 years ago he was 9-1 (2002) and (10-0) in 2001 you cannot cherry pick the facts. He is scared of browder because he has never lost to adamsville. Does not matter Browder is our coach next year!

There is no chance that Coach Browder will be back at MCHS in 2011 or 2020. It is not going to happen! Adamsville has the better players and that is why they have won the past two seasons.

Glover can coach and will get the program back at a high level. He cleaned out his staff after last year and now has coaches loyal to him. That was not the case last year.

There is no chance that Coach Browder will be back at MCHS in 2011 or 2020. It is not going to happen! Adamsville has the better players and that is why they have won the past two seasons.

Glover can coach and will get the program back at a high level. He cleaned out his staff after last year and now has coaches loyal to him. That was not the case last year.

From what this current staff is saying in public trashing glovers coaching it sounds like they are not too loyal either. And if glover can coach we are waiting ----5-21 at mcnairy ----how many years will it take him ????10 maybe ????. And did a'villes players get better all the sudden when glover got here??? Yes browder will be the coach and there may be alot of changes coming! People are fed up with the politics of glover!

Yea macnarry the coaches are really loyal one coach currently on staff is openly campaigning for glovers job now with the parents and players. The records of the glover are are the same so far only difference is the games were closer with those "disloyal" coaches from last year. Do research before you speak you cannot run from the facts. So I wonder who is really loyal? Since glover always has an excuse for losing i wonder what it will be this year. Currently we are losing ground we have gotten beat by a larger point margin this year than last year IN EVERY GAME!

I find it funny that as great a coach as Mr. Browder is referred to being, is why no one will give him credit for understanding that the talent level was falling and that with his years of service and opportunities presented to him, that it was a great time for him to leave. The assumption that coaching is the major issue might have more merit if all the other programs were dominate. The once dominate boys basketball program hasn't performed at the same level as in the past, the baseball program isn't a dominate program so I would tend to think that the overall talent level isn't a strong as it has been in the past. If we support our kids and coaches and stop all of the Saturday morning quarterbacking then maybe our kids would have a better experience with better results.

I find it funny that as great a coach as Mr. Browder is referred to being, is why no one will give him credit for understanding that the talent level was falling and that with his years of service and opportunities presented to him, that it was a great time for him to leave. The assumption that coaching is the major issue might have more merit if all the other programs were dominate. The once dominate boys basketball program hasn't performed at the same level as in the past, the baseball program isn't a dominate program so I would tend to think that the overall talent level isn't a strong as it has been in the past. If we support our kids and coaches and stop all of the Saturday morning quarterbacking then maybe our kids would have a better experience with better results.

I dont think its right to blame it on the kids they would not appreciate it but the glover's will always blame it on the assistants or the kids one they will never take responsibility its a long standing tradition with them to blame others. As far as the sports programs at mcnairy since glover has been coach they have the worst winning percentage of any sport on the hill. All sports are are at least around .500 except for the football team. Lets look at browders last year: 6-4 3rd in the region, they essentially lost 3 lineman and a qb everything else was back 8 starters back on offense and 7 on defense so says the jackson sun. Glover takes it and goes 2-8, a volunteer coach on this years staff who has been around awile says its the most talent he has seen in several years. So lets leave the kids alone!

All the disloyal coaches you are talking about were my coaches my senior year they were all behind glover and always talked well of him it was he who was not loyal to them and looking for someone to blame the season on. Having played for Coach Browder and glover both-Coach B is ten times the coach glover is. As a player i saw things first hand and close up. He fired a coach for missing one day of practice to visit his daughter in vanderbilt medical center. The present players are really excited about Coach B coming back since I have talked to a few. Glover was always jealous of Coach B and did not want to do anything like he did and that includes winning. He would take offense if his name was brought up, but talk to people who played for glover they will tell you the truth. Word is he is trying to replace coaches from this years staff also guess they are not loyal either.

Mrs Turner is coming back as director at the end of the year and Mr. Browder is her coach. No way she will have glover.

Thank goodness we will be rid of glover after this season. My son is a freshman and its fighting and stealing in the fieldhouse cussing by coaches on the field and the good kids not wanting to play football anymore. We have lost the freshman games 41-7, 48-6, 42-0 and glover does not even show up at the games!

Maybe when this guy Browder gets back he can start a rehab program and straighten out some of these fighting, thieving thugs you have! Just face it, McNairy $ucks!!

No one is blaming the kids. But the idea that every 4 yrs the talent level always stays the same is crazy. At MCHS we don't have a Corey Porter or Shannon Wyke to play football at the moment. No John Finlayson's gonna sign with UT. No Browder kids or Shelton kids to play quarterback. There or no Walkers playing basketball at the moment. No Rowdy Hardy's throwing the baseball, it's just a down time. All schools go through that. No one here is blaming kids it's just the reality that each school goes through cycles like this. So I guess since we don't recognize this and the talent always remains the same then coaches are the easy victims. Come on we got to be better than that!!!!