Henry County (3-1) at Springfield (3-0)

bellgo

It good to exploit that rule, however, why did they get the delay of game, that is what made them have to punt, the Patriots could have continued to false start and run the clock out. People have talked about balance, this team is not even 1 pass per 10 plays, I do not think they have to be balanced to win but they probably had 9-9 passes and 3 of which were right before half, all three were incomplete. I was not impressed at all with the offense of the Patriots last night. The defense gave the offense the ball over and over in great field position and 3 times in the first half and the Patriots were down at the half with a 3-0 turnover difference. In the second half they capitalized on the turnovers. I am willing to bet that that was the most penalized Patriot team in the last decade. Wow, we may not have but it seemed like we had over a hundred yards of penalties. It was every bit as sloppy as suggested but a win and that is what counts.

I noticed we started scoring when the band was at break in the 3rd. My guess is that the staff could communicate better. No knock on the band, more like a knock on that stadium. I was about 2 feet from the players and I could have given my own pep talk! Oh, and GO BIG ORANGE!! BEAT THE FELONS!

Edited by GeneralLafayette

I noticed we started scoring when the band was at break in the 3rd. My guess is that the staff could communicate better. No knock on the band, more like a knock on that stadium. I was about 2 feet from the players and I could have given my own pep talk! Oh, and GO BIG ORANGE!! BEAT THE FELONS!

Please don't blame the band. The scoring in the second half was most likely due to clever second half adjustments, a Counce hallmark.

GO BIG RED

Please don't blame the band. The scoring in the second half was most likely due to clever second half adjustments, a Counce hallmark.

GO BIG RED

I stated that I wasn't blaming them. I just saw a third quarter surge when they weren't playing. I mean, it is not every Friday that a band the size and sound of ours is blaring a mere 5 feet in our coach's headsets. Your barking up the wrong tree and yes, he IS clever.

I stated that I wasn't blaming them. I just saw a third quarter surge when they weren't playing. I mean, it is not every Friday that a band the size and sound of ours is blaring a mere 5 feet in our coach's headsets. Your barking up the wrong tree and yes, he IS clever.

General...while I have enjoyed many of your posts..I would urge you to listen to the wisdom of the Olddevil on Coacht...You are correct..much of HC's scoring came in the 3rd quarter..DUE to Springfield getting caught deep in their own territory PLUS 2 turnovers in the 3rd as well!

Keep in mind..(as you stated) no one is against the HC Band..but they are not Memphis Fairley nor Pearl Cohn..thus terms such as "blaring" do not apply. Most people last night enjoyed the facilities at Springfield which simulated 1A and 2A games in rural areas such Halls, Gleason, Greenfield, etc... being so close to the action! I think it is a great place to play with a wonderful atmosphere!

However General..you are correct in that the 3rd quarter was key to the HC win last night..hopefully, we can keep it going for a few more weeks!

Congrats to Henry County, and I hope to see you guys again. Springfield just cannot turn the ball over 6 times and win a ball game against a good team such as Henry County. Plus I think the TSSAA needs to change the offsides rule. Springfield used two time outs to get the ball back with 2 min 10 seconds on the clock. On 3rd and long the jackets stopped the ball to make it 4th down. However, how can an Association punish a team for making a good play and allow another team to run the clock down to 1 sec and jump offsides to reward that team with a fresh 25 seconds. Good coaching on the Patriots, but horrible rule by the TSSAA. Just think if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Springfield jumping offsides and the Patriots were being punished the Patriot team and fans would feel as we are today. A shame for such a great game to end this way!

Edited by OldJacketFan

Congrats to Henry County, and I hope to see you guys again. Springfield just cannot turn the ball over 6 times and win a ball game against a good team such as Henry County. Plus I think the TSSAA needs to change the offsides rule. Springfield used two time outs to get the ball back with 2 min 10 seconds on the clock. On 3rd and long the jackets stopped the ball to make it 4th down. However, how can an Association punish a team for making a good play and allow another team to run the clock down to 1 sec and jump offsides to reward that team with a fresh 25 seconds. Good coaching on the Patriots, but horrible rule by the TSSAA. Just think if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Springfield jumping offsides and the Patriots were being punished the Patriot team and fans would feel as we are today. A shame for such a great game to end this way!

Jacketfan...I'm gonna be forced to agree with you..although a genius display of coaching on the red&white side last night...I would not be so humble if the cleat was on the other foot! You'd never see this in D-I college football, the NFL, or any other level of competitive football..therefore, I will agree with you! Although your offense didn't score but 12 points last night, I didn't wanna see them on the field again at that stage of the game!

Again, Springfield has much to be proud of...great community support, great atmosphere, and many fans spoke kind things to Henry Co. fans after the game...we even had a fan say, "we love y'all" as we left the stadium! Job well done Jackets!!

Jacketfan...I'm gonna be forced to agree with you..although a genius display of coaching on the red&white side last night...I would not be so humble if the cleat was on the other foot! You'd never see this in D-I college football, the NFL, or any other level of competitive football..therefore, I will agree with you! Although your offense didn't score but 12 points last night, I didn't wanna see them on the field again at that stage of the game!

Again, Springfield has much to be proud of...great community support, great atmosphere, and many fans spoke kind things to Henry Co. fans after the game...we even had a fan say, "we love y'all" as we left the stadium! Job well done Jackets!!

I applaud our coaching staff for knowing the rules and using it to their advantage. Springfield is a good team and minus the turnovers could have beaten us. I too, did not want to see Springfield's offense back on the field for one more chance. Which receiver was Farmer the former QB? I thought #7 and #8 were both very good athletes and felt like he had to be one of those guys. Congrats to both teams for a very entertaining night of football and good luck for the rest of the season!

General...while I have enjoyed many of your posts..I would urge you to listen to the wisdom of the Olddevil on Coacht...You are correct..much of HC's scoring came in the 3rd quarter..DUE to Springfield getting caught deep in their own territory PLUS 2 turnovers in the 3rd as well!

Keep in mind..(as you stated) no one is against the HC Band..but they are not Memphis Fairley nor Pearl Cohn..thus terms such as "blaring" do not apply. Most people last night enjoyed the facilities at Springfield which simulated 1A and 2A games in rural areas such Halls, Gleason, Greenfield, etc... being so close to the action! I think it is a great place to play with a wonderful atmosphere!

However General..you are correct in that the 3rd quarter was key to the HC win last night..hopefully, we can keep it going for a few more weeks!

No they are not Memphis Fairley nor Pearl Cohn.....they can actually stay in tune past 2 seconds! Those two bands have as much musicality as the FOG HORN at the home games!

Brandon Farmer is number 8 (plays WR, punter, kick returner, and punt returner)

Tim Barbee in number 7 (plays WR, long snapper)

The jackets needed a game like this before the playoffs. Henry County has played in many of these games in the past few years, and your players remained calm. I still believe that the jackets beat themselves, but my hats off to the patriots.

TSSAA needs to change the rule that allows a team to run down a 25 second clock, jump offsides, and get a fresh 25 seconds to use after the penality. More coaches should use this rule with 3 minutes left on a clock. Heck, if you wanted to use the rule correctly, Springfield took its last time out on 2nd down with 2 minutes 45 seconds on the clock, then the patriots should have jumped offsides the rest of the game with 2 minutes 5 seconds left and not given the ball back. Instead they jump off 3 times, burn 1 minute 40 seconds, then on the fourth offsides the officials called delay of game.

How can a rule punish a defense and a team that stopped a team with 2 minutes 45 seconds remaining to allow an offense to get fresh clocks for jumping offsides? This rule is completely idiotic!!!

Who knows, the 2 minutes may not have allowed a difference in the game! However, I believe that the patriots were worried that if the jackets received the ball they would have tied the game. But we shall never know now!