Dobyns Bennett vs Daniel Boone

BatmanDB

Well that was my question duhhhh, why put someone slow at DE. Hansen is a really, really good Lineman as I've stated before but in my opinion you need someone with some speed at DE and Hayworth nor Hansen Has speed, is that not the truth?. Of the lineman Hall would have been my pick because he is fast and agile. Others could have filled it also, Justin Long or even your kid. I have gave Hayworth more praise than Hall on here but when it comes to a total package or best lineman, Hall takes it without a doubt. No I don't think I was putting them down at all, it's a fact not a disability.

Your the one saying stupid stuff like, do I think I know more than Watson, what???

If I knew why he chose Hasen for the DE position, I would not have asked the question of why, can you understand that. I was looking at DE + Speed + agility= not Hansen or Hayworth. It could be multiple reasons why. Hopefully you now can understand and What is their to back up there except what I already said. As far as the Defense and my statement, the defense was not tackleing. Their offense broke through our tackles. I don't know how else you would put that to make it not sound like a so called put down. How would you put it ?

Hansen was an all-state lineman but not a DE. Hayworth can break all the school weight records (I hope he does) but it does not make him capable to play any position on the field, such as DE. Like I said it's not Peewee football. As far as saying Hall should have gotten an award in that game, In my opinion he should have. The Clinton game was when I first told you he impressed me with his agility against their main linebacker.

I've praised Sensabough, Hayworth, Seabolt as much if not more more than Hall. I think you just don't like this kid and when I challenged your comment on the best lineman comment, you about lost your mind and tried to make it in to I'm a one person fan, which is not true at all. Your so Lame it's not even fun to try and debate with you.

Comp , your are exactly right about the leadership role and giving up which equals heart of the 2009 team.

Well, I don't know who's boy is who's...and I don't know if Batman had a Senior in '09 or not and I don't know if he has an Indian on the 2010 squad, I was just waylaying what I saw from last years Indians because I watched them play 4 games. I was chastised by the Rebel faithful for not fully supporting my team after my dog was done. Main reason for my comment was this years Rebels have a boat load of talent but internal bickering and a lack of leadership is destroying the team. Something past Rebel leaders would never have tolerated. They would have had players removed from the team if they did not buy into the brisquit. Coaching changes withstanding. For DB there was no inherent reason for this to spawn. They did have talent to have a better season than they had. I disagree with the choice of QB but I'm an outsider and it's none of my business but I think THAT and not the lack of dedication of the line was tantamount to the teams undoing. Coaching decisions notwtihstanding. South rather mimmicks this process for this season however the difference being that it is not the QB that is the catalyst of the undoing. The RB corp has taken an extreme amount of heat to be as productive as past backfields. And many Southers have picketed for a replacement of the rock toting corp. Which success is now happening to a number of ball carriers even though mistakes cost the game last week. The difference is South will now pull together I believe and give DB a competitive opponent in a few weeks. It is notable that in light of the erupting lava that somehow DB pulled it together to beat South. Granted, and this is not a slur but South was in a daze...and remained so on into the semis. The team that set out for Knoxville in '09 was just like '08...a state championship squad. But that is why you play the games because it takes so much more than talent to get the job done.

That's why I am so impressed by this years Indians. They are talented and together with no lack of leadership. If this team does not make it to Cookville then it won't be the players fault.

But, and OMG here I go, I think that Bristol is DB's shadow this year...not Science Hill or Daniel Boone.

I agree to disagree but it's time for some football and I hope the Tribe rolls.My biggest fear with our offense is turnovers and penalties that take away our edge in the running game.I think we are good enough to overcome these things on most weeks but I'm really not thinking this game will be a push over.I want it to be a blow out for us,but Boone has some fine athletes and it comes down to us making the plays that I believe we can.This is now and what we do friday will be good or bad and the past doesn't mean anything when the smoke clears,{unless} we get beat again this year.I hate to even go there and hope that is not a problem after the game.Roll Tribe

Talent is one thing. Leadership is another. I can't answer if the talent was stronger in 2009 over 2010 everywhere except skill but the lack of leadership was a common complaint.

DB is a better team this year top to bottom. Much better at the skill positions, the line worked hard over the summer and they are much better. We're just better all over the field. Even the coaching staff has improved. They seem to be more ingaged on the sideline during games. It seamed like last year they were just going through the motions. The play calling has been much better (so for) this year. We are deep at the skill positions, I might even say very deep. I don't think we have ever had as good a 2's & 3's as we have this year. The leadership is there this year for sure, and I think that will follow in the years to come. I think last year woke some people up. Sometimes I think we play a little to lose and we make some silly mistakes, but the "team" keeps their heads together and bounces back. A big pluss. We just got to take it one game at a time and don't change what we do come playoff time.

Im going to finish this here and now,I dont care what any of you HATERS want to say.Dont be JEALOUS of D-B cause we have better RECORDS than yall,And 99.5% of the time we BEAT yall down on the field.We own all of yall around here,People across the STATE of TENNESSEE have heard of us,can all of yall say that??I see why yall dont like D-B,HECK i would too if i was yall!!Wait almost forgot i did at one time im a {BANDWAGON FAN},CAP1 i got proof its called a yr book,Ill show it to you in 3 weeks if you want to see it.I can back up what i say can you??Your as LAME as your Comments.And hey guys that go to all the Games{The Cowboy Hats}I can see yall starting to add a little trash talk in your comments, But its cool.Maybe yall can help them come up with new things to say,Cause that other mess done died out.And to clear this up CAP1 im not so called OTIS,But i did go back and read alot of yalls mess.And to put some of the CRAP on here about someones kids or parents is SORRY!!! You and Toss did show me what kind of a people yall are,GROW UP MAN.I guess he must have BROKE yall down. :thumb:!!Suck it up next time man,If you cant take it go play XBOX :roflol: ,and dont give it out.So say what you want cause to me if its not Football it want matter,and if it is about Football your talking about the past but want to push D-B people in front of the bus when they bring up the past.MAN WHATEVER,Ill prove Im D-B,I BET YOUR AN OLD SEAST or VIRHIGH FAN can you prove it,or you got another excuse

Calm down Otis! Breath into a paper bag or something. :lol: You know what... I want you to get you one of those thick rubber-bands to put around your wrist. Get a sharpie out and write "THIS IS JUST FOR FUN" on the rubber-band. Now... when you feel yourself going into one of your 5th grader rants.... start popping the rubber-band against your wrist. That might help you get out of your toddler trans. Seriously though... I'm not sure how you expect a competitor to act?? When you talk about not being able to take it, I think you need to look at the man in the mirror. We may go at each other from time to time on here... but I promise you if you act like you have some sense (at least occasionally) you will find that at the end of the day you are amongst friends... regardless of what colors you fly. :thumb: Now tomorrow... make sure you take your meds!

Calm down Otis! Breath into a paper bag or something. :lol: You know what... I want you to get you one of those thick rubber-bands to put around your wrist. Get a sharpie out and write "THIS IS JUST FOR FUN" on the rubber-band. Now... when you feel yourself going into one of your 5th grader rants.... start popping the rubber-band against your wrist. That might help you get out of your toddler trans. Seriously though... I'm not sure how you expect a competitor to act?? When you talk about not being able to take it, I think you need to look at the man in the mirror. We may go at each other from time to time on here... but I promise you if you act like you have some sense (at least occasionally) you will find that at the end of the day you are amongst friends... regardless of what colors you fly. :thumb: Now tomorrow... make sure you take your meds!

Man in the mirror? is that you Michael?

DB is a better team this year top to bottom. Much better at the skill positions, the line worked hard over the summer and they are much better. We're just better all over the field. Even the coaching staff has improved. They seem to be more ingaged on the sideline during games. It seamed like last year they were just going through the motions. The play calling has been much better (so for) this year. We are deep at the skill positions, I might even say very deep. I don't think we have ever had as good a 2's & 3's as we have this year. The leadership is there this year for sure, and I think that will follow in the years to come. I think last year woke some people up. Sometimes I think we play a little to lose and we make some silly mistakes, but the "team" keeps their heads together and bounces back. A big pluss. We just got to take it one game at a time and don't change what we do come playoff time.

It has been said but I can't find it. How many graduated?

It has been said but I can't find it. How many graduated?

I will mix and match some seniors and why the team is much better this year,or try to.

It was a very small senior class comp {I think 16 or so}and very few skill players were left on the team by the end.We had a fine RB that left the system after his freshman year and he would have been our swafford type all the way up.BT was never replaced from the Robinson side as well.That left a void with Chris being the last man standing for last year.It wasn't leadership in our backfield but just not a lot of stud athletes left when Chris went down.We had some very good athletes with Stelle and Seabolt playing both ways as they still do this year.Roop was a very good athlete and could have been a very good defensive player had we went that route.Add the transfere Cannon and Swafford to coaching changes and Chris playing both ways this year. Now to the Offensive line.We lost two very good players and have three of the starters returning.That's where some of the fight comes in.The two players were Patrick Hansen who was an all state center that is playing for Coastal Carolina this year and Cody Fuller{cousin played for South last year } who was recruited to play college ball as well.Both lineman were in the 265 range.Put those guys with Hayworth,Hall and Leeper last year and that's why I thought we were just as good if not better up front.The problem once again was depth when Hansen and Fuller were hurt or out at times.On the defensive side we got killed by the end of the year at nose guard.I think we were down to nothing by the end and had to try and play Hayworth and Hansen from an allready thin O line.We allways play small and fast on the ends and last year was no different than this year.My son was an all northeast TN end on one side{as Will Bateman was the year before} and Justin Long{ who may end up being all state on the other.We lost a key linebacker to injury before the season started and he is back this year.Number 47 Jason Michael was an all north east TN linebacker.IF you take all this and mix in the fact that Farragut,Clinton and Sevier county are just not near as good as last year.You have the key.We just didn't have the athletes against what we faced in a few of those games and sucked it up in a couple of games.To say none of the seniors were leaders is way off.Roop and Cleary got the guys together in the off season to run and my son tried to help as many in the weight room as he could,picking up players and taking them to his gym.He gave up one of his student honers titles during his last semester at DB to help coach Barrett and coach Clark in the weight room.So I wouldn't say we didn't have any leaders on the team as much as not enough players against the odds.This is just one mans thoughts.Now all I want is to see this team go where no DB team has gone before and that is where all of us that love Dobyns Bennett football will agree.Roll Tribe That was about like one of your post comp.Just not worded or spelled as good

Edited by BatmanDB

NEWS ALERT

There is an actual article in the Kingsport Times News on the Dobyns-Bennett vs Daniel Boone game in todays edition!! It is a shocker. Maybe Sam Hanie was hiding under the Bleachers so he didn't have to answer any questions about the 1-3 Rebels being favored to go 2-0 in Confernce play. That story should be headlines in Fridays edition. Boola Boola

Roll Tribe Roll

NEWS ALERT

There is an actual article in the Kingsport Times News on the Dobyns-Bennett vs Daniel Boone game in todays edition!! It is a shocker. Maybe Sam Hanie was hiding under the Bleachers so he didn't have to answer any questions about the 1-3 Rebels being favored to go 2-0 in Confernce play. That story should be headlines in Fridays edition. Boola Boola

Roll Tribe Roll

I'll have to check it out in the break shack.They will make up for it friday and saturday with plenty of Blue Devil stuff.