Catholic@William Blount

williebgovs04

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see the Billy Blount team pull a Heritage on Catholic. I can still imagine the skinning Meadows took over that loss. A loss to THE WB could make his hold on the Catholic job a bit stressful.

That would be a bonus, but I would like to see the win for the kids of wb and the improvement of their program

Here's my take on this game...

WB must play well on defense. It will be tough if they must score evertime they have the ball. Catholic runs a spread hybrid but Meadows was a old wing coach for many years and though he changed his scheme in 2007 he still likes to run the ball. He is a good play caller and will try to formation you to get the matchups he wants.

WB played well last year in spite of losing players for " off the field issues " the week of the game. They played close for three quarters on a mucky field. (Sprinkler Malfunction???) Well I'll leave it at that...

As stated earlier, for WB to win they must first play solid defense. Second they must take what the defense gives them. In every game to this point opposing defenses have loaded the box much like Bearden did in the second half last year. I'm afraid that is what WB will continue to see till they prove they are willing and able to take what the defense gives. Third and fourth are penalties and turnovers. Limit ours and take advantage of theirs..............

Good luck GOVS....

I'll be pulling for you.........................

tpoole12

PS: WB fans... Show some some class tonight.. It angered me the way Meadows cut and run on us last year. Still in the big picture you can't blame him for taking a higher paying job in a well established program. I'm sure there are many like me who like their job and the people they work with but still if you "show me the money" Id be out of there...

PS:PS: DON'T GET ME WRONG.... IT WOULD TICKLE THE "SNOT" OUT OF ME TO SEND HIM HOME WITH A lOSS.... :thumb:

GO GOVS

Well Govs

This one was on you all.

Coach Gregory and staff called a good game. (I still wish someone would draw up a slant, skinny post, and a flag pattern.) Defense played well enough to win but still missed alot of tackles. When you make two trips inside the ten and turn the ball over that is an execution error on the offense.

Good job Irish. You got out of here with a win is what matters but I saw alot of things I'm sure Coach Meadows will discuss in detail next week.

Govs.... Keep your chins up, go back to work Monday but remember that you let this one get away from you... Learn and grow from it............... :thumb:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

PS: Coach Dad

It was good to see you. I wish you well.....

Edited by tpoole12