Oliver Springs vs. Coalfield

catback

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt the same Coalfield team as last year. I know OS will be fired up after losing last week to Grundy Co. Coalfield will be coming in after a blowout win against Tellico Plains.

I would have to go with the home team in a rivalry game like this, but if OS gets off to a quick start...it could be another long night for the Jackets.

My pick... Coalfield 28 OS 20

I told you guys this wasnt the same Coalfield team as last year. What was wrong with OS? How can you not come out fired up for a rivalry game? I believe your schedule is hurting you. I believe you need to get rid of Grundy Co, Hancock Co., and Clay Co. and maybe add Rockwood, Kingston, and Harriman.....just a thought.

I told you guys this wasnt the same Coalfield team as last year. What was wrong with OS? How can you not come out fired up for a rivalry game? I believe your schedule is hurting you. I believe you need to get rid of Grundy Co, Hancock Co., and Clay Co. and maybe add Rockwood, Kingston, and Harriman.....just a thought.

I think losing the offensive line from last year is whats hurting them. Their no where near the same team i saw last year. I was very impressed with coalfield last night but geez, OS just looked not near as physical up front as 1 year ago. As i sat at that game i thought to myself, how in 1 year does OS go from winning 48-2 to losing 20-0. It reminded me of my playing days when coach said "the game is won and lost in the trenches"

I think losing the offensive line from last year is whats hurting them. Their no where near the same team i saw last year. I was very impressed with coalfield last night but geez, OS just looked not near as physical up front as 1 year ago. As i sat at that game i thought to myself, how in 1 year does OS go from winning 48-2 to losing 20-0. It reminded me of my playing days when coach said "the game is won and lost in the trenches"

That is so true superfan. I thought to myself that it had to be line play because OS returned just about all of their skill players if im not mistaken.

That is so true superfan. I thought to myself that it had to be line play because OS returned just about all of their skill players if im not mistaken.

Yes 92dragon, they returned most of them. they lost 2 wideouts but no starters returned off of what was a very veteran o line last year. OS is young up front and it showed last night. i dont want to sound like i am bashing the line on here. i could tell they was playing the tails off but sometimes you just get beat. I hope them young guys continue to play hard and dont give up cause they can still win the district this year. though it will be very tough. wartburg seems to be the real deal!

Yes 92dragon, they returned most of them. they lost 2 wideouts but no starters returned off of what was a very veteran o line last year. OS is young up front and it showed last night. i dont want to sound like i am bashing the line on here. i could tell they was playing the tails off but sometimes you just get beat. I hope them young guys continue to play hard and dont give up cause they can still win the district this year. though it will be very tough. wartburg seems to be the real deal!

we have to improve up front for sure. the bad part if it is true, is that coalfield started two freshman and an eight grader on the o-line. not sure about on defense? We can still win the region if we get it together.