Giles County Vs. Page

gcbobcat

Great game Thursday night. Hats off to Page traveling to the Brickyard and walking away with the W. Defensive ballgame for sure but Page's O got it done when they had to.

This sets up a exciting district race for sure. Lewis has Giles & Fairview. Fairview has Giles, Lewis, and Page left. Marshall, Hickman, & E. Hickman will play the spoiler somewhere. If the defense of Page plays like they did last night they will not lose another. Giles O must find some consistency. Somebody may be left out come playoff time due to beating each other. Who's going to get better & who's not. Page already has. Giles is on a roller coaster ride. I predict the answers will not come until week 10. :ph34r:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page was the team I expected to see last night. I knew from the history of this game that it would be tough. Page's freshman QB has a bright future ahead of him. I would've hated to see the score if the starter played.

This game came down to Giles having no answer on offense and too many penalties.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither Giles or Page loses another game the rest of the regular season. They should also meet up for one heck of a rematch in the playoffs.

And to the guy hinting that OC doesn't coach x's and o's, you need to wake up from that dream you're having.

Not real sure how everyone else feels, but this being only the second High School Football game I have been to that was on TV, I found it hard to get into the game. Not sure if it was Pages D or the Bobcat O or just the tv timeouts, there was not a very good flow to the game, except of course the last drive by Page. Not sure what if anything extra the schools get out of it, but imo if the game is on tv I will watch it on tv, not from the stands, jmo. I am sure it is good exposure for the kids, but it made for a long game, losing didn't help.

Bulldog says TV games are overrated for the teams....too slow...ol' momentum gets slowed down....however it does give time for the local funeral home to advertise their services....I think that ol Steve gave some embalming fluid to the TV announcers....man...were they dry and s-l-o-w in speech and enthusiasm.

On to football....one thing is for sure....the region champ is not coming thru Hickman County....man...both teams are-----

Region is down mostly to youth and injuries with the better teams....that will change in the second half of the season. I think that Lewis Co. does not want to play Page at full strength....that game can give a very false impression of this region's results....esp when they play GC

It was a good win....looked at the film today...boy....both teams missed chances and made boooboos they wont make later on.I liked the way both teams played hard and played to the whistle but patted each other on the back after a play.

Edited by bulldog69

Page was the team I expected to see last night. I knew from the history of this game that it would be tough. Page's freshman QB has a bright future ahead of him. I would've hated to see the score if the starter played.

This game came down to Giles having no answer on offense and too many penalties.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither Giles or Page loses another game the rest of the regular season. They should also meet up for one heck of a rematch in the playoffs.

And to the guy hinting that OC doesn't coach x's and o's, you need to wake up from that dream you're having.

I guess I am done with knocking Giles and Bro OC... Talking to you all about this is like me carrying a gun into a knife fight. Just not fair and you all really don't know what you are talking about. So, with that being said, you won't have to worry about me posting on GC anymore. Just stay in your little hole called Pulaski and think you are THAT good.

I guess I am done with knocking Giles and Bro OC... Talking to you all about this is like me carrying a gun into a knife fight. Just not fair and you all really don't know what you are talking about. So, with that being said, you won't have to worry about me posting on GC anymore. Just stay in your little hole called Pulaski and think you are THAT good.

anybody that name's themselves "guru" already knows everything ,i'm sure.OC's team's have been to the playoff 's every year he's been at G.C. "players" didn t just appear out of thin air! your holding a bad grudge.why ? maybe your team tried to hire him and he wouldn't talk to yall,or you tried to hire on to his crew and he wouldn't talk to you,or maybe the O.C. coached bobcats have just beat your team down one time to many or maybe just a disgruntled parent. which one is it "guru"? come clean, why you really hatin on him? because it's apparent he know's how to coach football.perfect, no, but knows the game!

anybody that name's themselves "guru" already knows everything ,i'm sure.OC's team's have been to the playoff 's every year he's been at G.C. "players" didn t just appear out of thin air! your holding a bad grudge.why ? maybe your team tried to hire him and he wouldn't talk to yall,or you tried to hire on to his crew and he wouldn't talk to you,or maybe the O.C. coached bobcats have just beat your team down one time to many or maybe just a disgruntled parent. which one is it "guru"? come clean, why you really hatin on him? because it's apparent he know's how to coach football.perfect, no, but knows the game!

Hahaha trust me, he can stay in hickville, tn. "My" team would not hire him. Ever.

Hey guru...make up your mind...you said you were done with us.

Be careful when you say you are "more intelligent" or have "more on the ball" than a lot of people on here.

That is a very broad and ignorant statement.....of course...I have to keep in mind that after less than 20 posts you obviously are a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon......actually we could probably put what you know in a thimble.

guru ...sure....and pigs fly

Bulldog. I think he just fell off the wagon. Being AA and all. Maybe in a brief clearing of the stupor he can mumble the name of "My" team. But then again he's not stumbling back here anymore. Oh well. Us unknowing will just have to survive the best we can without him. Unfortunately pigeons do reproduce. :thumb:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

Hey guru...make up your mind...you said you were done with us.

Be careful when you say you are "more intelligent" or have "more on the ball" than a lot of people on here.

That is a very broad and ignorant statement.....of course...I have to keep in mind that after less than 20 posts you obviously are a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon......actually we could probably put what you know in a thimble.

guru ...sure....and pigs fly

Yeah, you are right... The more posts you have the more intelligent you are and the more you know... I forgot the importance of that. And to the old wise one, I am for sure not telling "my team" because that would just, well, give away too much and it does not need to be given away.

Hahaha trust me, he can stay in hickville, tn. "My" team would not hire him. Ever.

i bet "your" team hates to see you rolln in.i'm sure you know more about football and coaching than they do.your one of them bleacher coaches thats got great hindsight.you dog them out too, i'm sure!as GUMP said' "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES".see ya GURU GUMP!

Yeah, you are right... The more posts you have the more intelligent you are and the more you know... I forgot the importance of that. And to the old wise one, I am for sure not telling "my team" because that would just, well, give away too much and it does not need to be given away.

AA must stand for something ...one thought I had was Absolute A--h--e.....but that would give him/it too much credit.

Every year in our region we have "some" fans" bash their own teams(pistpatriot), that does no honor to their team.

I think the guru had it backwards when he/it says he was bringing a gun to a knife fight.....with this group you are bringing a toothpick to the knife fight.

It's ok guru to hide your true team...it'll be ok....just keep an eye on that yellow streak running down your back......by the way..this is your third return to this thread after threatening us with your departure.

Edited by bulldog69