Big Games in Memphis

kwc

All right Memphis high school football fans it's getting pretty interesting. There are some schools that aren't doing as well as was predicted and there are some schools doing better then expected. That's high school football for you. Here is my list of games.

Collierville (2-1) vs Ridgeway (3-0) @ Halle

Whitehaven (3-1) @ CBHS (3-0)

Craigmont (3-0) vs Cordova (1-2) @ Raleigh-Egypt

Mitchell (4-0) @ Melrose (1-2)

Germantown (1-2) vs Houston (2-2)

East (3-1) vs White Station (0-4)

MUS (3-1) vs Olive Branch (1-2)

Sheffield (3-1) vs Hillcrest (3-1)

My pics are as follows:

Ridgeway wins a hard faught game ... 21 - 10

Whitehaven wins a defensive fight ... 13 - 10

Craigmont wins ... 21 - 7

Melrose beats Mitchell ... 28 - 21

Houston beats Gtown ... 21 - 14

East wins .... 28 - 21

MUS wins ... 31 - 21

Hillcrest wins ... 16 - 14

Well ... that's it for me. Your turn!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right Memphis high school football fans it's getting pretty interesting. There are some schools that aren't doing as well as was predicted and there are some schools doing better then expected. That's high school football for you. Here is my list of games.

My pics are as follows:

Collierville vs ridgeway Collierville 33-27

CBHS vs Whitehave CBHS 24-16

Craigmont vs Cordova Dova 26-18

Mitchel vs Melros Melros 44-23

gtown vs houston gtown 36-24

East vs White Station WS 26-12

MUS vs Olive Branch MUS 14-10

Sheffield vs Hillcrest Sheffield 25-20

My pics:

Collierville 26 vs Ridgeway 21 - Collierville holds off a late surge from a strong Ridgway

CBHS 27 vs Whitehave 14 - CBHS is just too much

Craigmont 39 vs Cordova 13 - Craigmont has too many weapons for Cordova to account for

Mitchel 21 vs Melrose 22 - Melrose in a war of attrition

Germantown 14 vs Houston 21- Houston's offensive line works hard for the win

East 15 vs White Station 23- White Station finally gets off the schneid

MUS 33 vs Olive Branch 30 - Surprising gun fight in store

Sheffield 23 vs Hillcrest 20 - Sheffield keeps on rolling

I'll take a little cold duck with my humble pie...

CBHS has some good athletes. They are well coached and they'll be home. Whitehaven will be chomping at the bit to get back out there and redeem ourselves. The game will be very interesting.

As for the other games...

Ridgeway's Defense is better than advertised but Collierville has shown the ability to score points.

Ryan Heaston for 'Dova is the truth but Craigmont won't be at all intimidated.

Mitchell + Melrose = the premier District 16 5A match up!!! Whoever wins this one should go deep in the post season.

Germantown vs. Houston. Whoever can win the Turnover battle should win this contest.

East and White Station are surprising a lot of people with their play, but on opposite ends of the spectrum.

MUS vs. Olive Branch will always be a tantalizing Mid-South match-up.

Hilcrest and Sheffield are both looking for their just due respect. After they play someone will be getting it!

:popcorneater:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I think some of these scores in the CBHS/WHHS and the Collierville/Ridgeway game are W A Y too high. If you guys think that CBHS is going to put 24 and 27 points, respectively, on Whitehaven's defense and Collierville is going to put 33 and 26 points, respectively, on Rideway's defense, then I want to know ... well, let me say it like this ... "It ain't gonna happen!"

I think some of these scores in the CBHS/WHHS and the Collierville/Ridgeway game are W A Y too high. If you guys think that CBHS is going to put 24 and 27 points, respectively, on Whitehaven's defense and Collierville is going to put 33 and 26 points, respectively, on Rideway's defense, then I want to know ... well, let me say it like this ... "It ain't gonna happen!"

Exactly. Let's remember Ridgeway put up a goose egg against Whitehaven, so it is VERY unlikely that Collierville will get a whole lot of points on the board.

My pics are as follows:

East wins .... 28 - 21

MUS wins ... 31 - 21

Winners

Ridgeway

Whitehaven

Craigmont

Melrose

G'town

W.Station

Olive Branch

Who Cares"

All right Memphis high school football fans it's getting pretty interesting. There are some schools that aren't doing as well as was predicted and there are some schools doing better then expected. That's high school football for you.

My pics are as follows:

East wins .... 28 - 21

MUS wins ... 31 - 21

RW 35 -- Coll 10... Ridgeway's offense will FINALLY click on all cylinders.

CBHS 13 -- WH 10 .......... Whitehaven's nemesis (penalties) will once again doom its chances @ victory!

CRG 20 -- Cor 14

Mit 28 -- Mel 16 ......... RB Artaves Gibson will have a field day (150+ yards rushing) vs Melrose!

Hou 21 -- Ger 17

WS 17 -- East 16 ......... White Station's young bucks have shown steady improvement.

MUS 23 -- OB 17 .......... OB is down MORE than is MUS.

Hill 26 -- Sheff 20 ...... Hillcrest just might (finally) have a half-way decent football team.

My pics are as follows:

East wins .... 28 - 21

MUS wins ... 31 - 21

This will be a defining game for MUS. They are really quite "down" compared to the last 2 years. Anybody with a decent running game potentially can make hay. On the other hand, MUS' running game, despite the big line, has not shown well so far. MUS' passing game might have a slight edge. Turnovers as usual will be critical. Also, which OB team shows up - the one that lost to Cocoa FL by 7 or the one BA trashed last weekend in Nashville. I don't think OB wants to go 1-3....By the way, does anybody know anything about the rumor that OB trashed the visitor's locker room at BA???

This will be a defining game for MUS. They are really quite "down" compared to the last 2 years. Anybody with a decent running game potentially can make hay. On the other hand, MUS' running game, despite the big line, has not shown well so far. MUS' passing game might have a slight edge. Turnovers as usual will be critical. Also, which OB team shows up - the one that lost to Cocoa FL by 7 or the one BA trashed last weekend in Nashville. I don't think OB wants to go 1-3....By the way, does anybody know anything about the rumor that OB trashed the visitor's locker room at BA???

In its loss to South Panola, MUS looked as slow as molasses at pretty much every position -- particularly @ RB. The QB also seemed like he was stuck in mud.

While Olive Branch does possess a lot of team speed, they are no South Panola!!! As such, I suspect that MUS will likely find enough ways to overcome its speed defecit....should be able to outlast OBs young team and pull out a narrow, hard fought victory.

--------------------------------

As for the alleged post-game locker room incident........

Wow! Man, if that indeed happened ...that's a 100% CLASS-LESS thing to do! Olive Branch's Administration should feel totally embarrassed and take immediate steps to make amends to Brentwood Academy, somehow!

Edited by TraderB

Hmmmmm.....26 points, huh?

Looking forward to the Whitehaven/CBHS game. This should be an absolute dog fight in my opinion.

Craigmont put up 33 and 56 on very bad teams. They put up only 21 against Kingsbury (Brentwood, MUS, and Briaircrest scored 30+ on Kingsbury). Craigmont still has a lot to prove. Cordova is always at least well coached...

A bad Houston (though they have a solid o-line) put up 17 on Ridgeway. A solid Corrieville can score a little more...

Edited by Prsfan65