OC/UC

redbirdfan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Rebels!

Boo Zebra's!

Hard to win with 170 yds in penalties with 2 other 15 yders that were double flags on both sides.

That was 10 15yd flags thrown against UC tonight compared to only 40 yds for OC.

I hope that the force (zebra's) will stay with the rebels and allow them to win a few more games this year.

Congradulations OC......... :thumb:

Maybe UC needs to play with a little bit more discipline...

Did anybody else see that awful spot of the ball on that 4th down try for the Rebels in the 2nd quarter??....If that wasn't enough they spotted the ball where it was suppose to be when they gave the ball to UC...They moved it a whole football length between the time they brought the chains out and the time they spotted the ball down for UC's first down...I was right on the line and saw it (and so did everybody else)...Also, on the last Rebel drive, why after the refs called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for spearing on UC on second down and about 16 did they mark off 10 yards and make it second and 6...I thought an unsportsmanlike penalty was 15 yards and an automatic first down...The ref made the signal with his arms stretched out and then made the motion to his head..At the very least it was a late hit but the UC kid led with his head on the Rebel player already down...Also in about the third quarter, A Rebel receiver went for a pass over the middle and was tackled by #53 for UC..The pass was incomplete but #53 shoved the Rebel receiver's head into the turf while getting up...The Rebel player got up real quick and #53 took a swing at him...On the play it was called a double unsportsmanlike..Why didn't #53 get thrown out of the game ??...

The Tornadoes get called for chop blocking in every game...I saw a couple of the Rebel coaches talking to the officials before the game..They may have been alerting the refs to that...I think the Tornadoes were called for it two or three times...The pass interference call on UC was an easy one to make..The kid was climbing all over the receiver's back...I saw both of the penalties on the kick-off return...

The ref thing ain't gonna fly and won't get any sympathy from Rebel folk...Rebel fans have seen their team crushed by penalties all season long...

Congrats Rebels!

Boo Zebra's!

Hard to win with 170 yds in penalties with 2 other 15 yders that were double flags on both sides.

That was 10 15yd flags thrown against UC tonight compared to only 40 yds for OC.

I hope that the force (zebra's) will stay with the rebels and allow them to win a few more games this year.

Congradulations OC......... :thumb:

I find that a rather lame excuse. The Rebels defense was the difference in the game, not the refs. Downfield cut blocking was the most frequent penalty I saw enforced last night. Perhaps there needs to be a change in technique taught. To imply that the refs cost UC the game is petty and I did not expect that from you.

Yes, you're right P&G. I saw the ball spotting in question you are speaking of. That was terrible. And i also thought the Unsportsmanlike Conduct was a 15 yarder with an automatic 1st down. Coach Jackson argued with the official but they left it as it was. I don't think in any way that the officials could be blamed for the outcome of last nights game. Both teams played hard and the Rebels won.

I mentioned earlier in the week that the Rebels may have a defensive leader emerge. Not sure what happened, but the run defense was very good last night. Didn't like seeing the corners give up pass coverage and bite on the run, especially when the line and linebackers were handling the run so well. UC had a couple of chances on the pass that they didn't finish on, but so did OC on a couple of drives. I have to say kudos on the strategy of beat me with the pass but not on the run. I felt like OC did a great job against the veer last night. Heard rumor the defensive coach was very familiar with the veer.

Overall, good win for the Rebels, regardless of classification. Should be a great confidence booster to win against a team that has dominated the series in the long run, especially a county rival. OC now has a bye week to try and get a bit healthier. Was told Miller had strep throat this week as well as the injuries the others are nursing. Miller is one tough kid. I thought the receivers did well in YAC yards last night. And Fair, well that kid has heart and runs hard. If he had the speed of Haskins, kid would be unstoppable. Congrats to OC and the excellent fan support last night. GO REBELS!!!

The Rebels really did shut down the U C run game in my opinion to some extent in the second half.

The main goal in high school football is to win a state championship...which Union City finally has one ( 2009 ) with several silver balls as well. With AAA team to be down 14 to 6 at half time to a single A team and fianlly beat them 19 to 14 I guess is a big win when it comes to your schedule and region you play in. I know it is a big win for the Rebs and a win is a win.

As I stated before the game, the Rebs had more to loose with a loss than Union City...the Rebs should win ...RIGHT!! UT Knoxville should have beat UTM and did but were only up at the half 13 to 0.

Union City will gain some out of the game loss. Honestly...Union City the underdog going in no matter what. Union City had the field LOADED with underclassmen...9th, 10th a few 11th and 12th graders. Union City is rebuilding for sure.

One thing I was suprised at was that the Rebels really didn't sub. The usual 11 played on defense and offense. You should always play your best.

With Union City's mistakes, it showed the youth of the team.

The Rebels needs to win some region games to move up. Union City has tough games left also.....some that they may loose or may not.

Good luck the rest of the way with the Rebs, you should win a game or two more..maybe.

It was a great crowd, one that filled the pocket book of Union City.

Edited by UCGRAD

The Rebels really did shut down the U C run game in my opinion to some extent in the second half.

The main goal in high school football is to win a state championship...which Union City finally has one ( 2009 ) with several silver balls as well. With AAA team to be down 14 to 6 at half time to a single A team and fianlly beat them 19 to 14 I guess is a big win when it comes to your schedule and region you play in. I know it is a big win for the Rebs and a win is a win.

As I stated before the game, the Rebs had more to loose with a loss than Union City...the Rebs should win ...RIGHT!! UT Knoxville should have beat UTM and did but were only up at the half 13 to 0.

Union City will gain some out of the game loss. Honestly...Union City the underdog going in no matter what. Union City had the field LOADED with underclassmen...9th, 10th a few 11th and 12th graders. Union City is rebuilding for sure.

One thing I was suprised at was that the Rebels really didn't sub. The usual 11 played on defense and offense. You should always play your best.

With Union City's mistakes, it showed the youth of the team.

The Rebels needs to win some region games to move up. Union City has tough games left also.....some that they may loose or may not.

Good luck the rest of the way with the Rebs, you should win a game or two more..maybe.

It was a great crowd, one that filled the pocket book of Union City.

Your sarcastic posts get really old. If that's all you can ever say then don't bother.

Yes, Central should have won the game because of classification but everyone before the game(besides OC fans) was calling for the UC win....

The refs did not lose the game for UC....That is the lamest excuse ever....Defending State Champs, Home Opener, and against Obion Co.....Give me a break...

OC could have won this game by ALOT more if anybody was watching....There is absolutely no reason not to score inside the 5...

But once again this game is over....OC has alot to work on before Covington....Get healthy this week and get prepared.....

Good luck to UC the rest of the way....

GO REBELS!!

What is "sarcastic" about my post. Everything is true fact in print.

Enjoy the win.

Your half-hearted "complements" toward the Rebels. It's always a "congrats" or "good luck" but then you have to throw a little cheap shot at the end. For example in one of your previous posts it was "Good luck the rest of the way with the Rebs, you should win a game or two more..maybe". What was the need in throwing that in at the end? Unless your being sarcastic or throwing a cheap shot.If you don't think the Rebs will win many more games that's fine, it's your opinion and your entitled to it. But don't get on here and give little half-hearted complements when you really don't care.