Gallatin vs Brentwood sept 24 th @ Brentwwod

runninblind

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the worst football game I've ever been to. I spoke with some fellow Gallatin fans before the game, and I prediced 28-10 Brentwood.... Little did I know, Brentwood would blow that out of the water IN THE FIRST HALF. I guess it's popular to call for the coach's head after a 42-0 BEATDOWN, but there is no reason a Gallatin should EVER get beat that bad. Heck, we gave up more points to Brentwood in the first half than we did to McKinley the entire game! I'm going to have to get Gwave to verify this, but am I mistaken in saying that Lassiter's record against Wilco teams (while at Gallatin) is 2-7? At this point in the season, a team with the raw talent of Gallatin should be developing and not regressing. That lies solely on the coaching staff. I'm sure people are going to say, "Oh, but wait.... The first play of the game was awesome!" and "Well, the players made critical mistakes that the coaches couldn't control!" I agree. However, we obviously weren't prepared for a better coached team - yet again... Tonight we were outschemed pure and simple. Crawford saw our weaknesses and twisted the knife directly in them.

Stop with this mckinley Ohio stuff that you played them tough. Again shows you summer co folks that ball up north 65 is way overrated

TOugh to argue this point when Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Station Camp have been outscored 192-59 this year by 7AAA and 11AAA. Those 500 extra students at the 6A schools makes a big difference though.

TOugh to argue this point when Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Station Camp have been outscored 192-59 this year by 7AAA and 11AAA. Those 500 extra students at the 6A schools makes a big difference though.

That's what happens when 3 wing-t teams and a team that doesn't run the spread properly go up against the big boys. As for Gallatin, someone needs to tell the coaching staff that our offense is suited for getting players in open space (and not for running a 5'7'' qb up the middle 10 to 15 times a game). Still, I have to think that if Hendersonville and Beech played 9 games against randomly selected Wilco teams they would win more than 2 games. The disheartening thing is that Gallatin is loaded with raw talent every year, only to be squandered by a coaching staff that doesn't know how to develop them. This is the same gene pool that Calvin Short won multiple titles with. I have to think that some of the boosters from that era share in my disgust. This mediocrity has to end.

Number are nice, but at the end of the day it comes down to coaching and execution. Every single team in 7-AAA has a coach that has won a gold ball at some level of coaching. 11-AAA features 4 teams that has made the state championship game, thats not all about numbers.

I don't believe anybody said we played McKinley tough, just stated we held them to fewer points. As for our record against Williamson county teams I can only think of the centennial playoff win in '02 or '03. As for tonight's game we got outplayed by a better team from the start and it piled on throughout the game. I didn't see one form tackle the entire game. We had three good defensive plays and one good offensive play, the first four plays of the game. After that, both our lines and the linebackers looked completely GASSED. Poor fundamentals and poor conditioning are never keys to success.

I don't believe anybody said we played McKinley tough, just stated we held them to fewer points. As for our record against Williamson county teams I can only think of the centennial playoff win in '02 or '03. As for tonight's game we got outplayed by a better team from the start and it piled on throughout the game. I didn't see one form tackle the entire game. We had three good defensive plays and one good offensive play, the first four plays of the game. After that, both our lines and the linebackers looked completely GASSED. Poor fundamentals and poor conditioning are never keys to success.

We also beat Brentwood on a last second field goal by Taylor Nolan, only to get dominated by a Hendersonville team that got destroyed by Riverdale. '01 I believe.