Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

Ok Springfield is coming off a tough loss to swallow. When you have 6 turnovers you cannot expect to win. The good thing is that the game was still well within reach regardless of turnovers/misstakes, so they know they can play w/ the big boys of this district.

I had originally stated that I was not happy w/ Farmer moving to WR b/c I felt Campbell wouldnt get it done at QB. Despite the fact he had 2 ints and was involved in atleast 2 of the fumbles tonite, this kid has proven me wrong. He has gotten better each week and he really showed his ability to make plays both passing and running. He is also getting Farmer the ball more often as well which was 1 of my knocks.

The team as a whole has improved each week and I believe that will continue this next week against Dickson Co. The Jackets will wipe out the turnovers and the personal foul penalties this week and walk away w/ the win..... :thumb:

Springfield 27

Dickson Co. 14

Edited by Kevin38

Ok Springfield is coming off a tough loss to swallow. When you have 6 turnovers you cannot expect to win. The good thing is that the game was still well within reach regardless of turnovers/misstakes, so they know they can play w/ the big boys of this district.

I had originally stated that I was not happy w/ Farmer moving to WR b/c I felt Campbell wouldnt get it done at QB. Despite the fact he had 2 ints and was involved in atleast 2 of the fumbles tonite, this kid has proven me wrong. He has gotten better each week and he really showed his ability to make plays both passing and running. He is also getting Farmer the ball more often as well which was 1 of my knocks.

The team as a whole has improved each week and I believe that will continue this next week against Dickson Co. The Jackets will wipe out the turnovers and the personal foul penalties this week and walk away w/ the win..... :thumb:

Springfield 27

Dickson Co. 14

I think you are right. Springville is a very impressive team and should win out.

GO BIG RED

Dickson Co. will have a hard time in this game im sure, but if your already making them the underdog then that gives them something to really fight for. This should be a true test of how good Dickson is seeing they havent really played anybody of better quality yet. As for Sringfield this is a game for them to fight hard and regroup in after a high turnover game.

• Upvote 1

Dickson Co. will have a hard time in this game im sure, but if your already making them the underdog then that gives them something to really fight for. This should be a true test of how good Dickson is seeing they havent really played anybody of better quality yet. As for Sringfield this is a game for them to fight hard and regroup in after a high turnover game.

Although it was a loss (10-7). Dickson manhandled Columbia, who is MUCH better than Springfield. So, saying they haven't played anyone as good as Springfield is untrue. Grant it, Rossview, Kenwood, and Northwest are not very good, and DC showed that. This is homecoming week for Dickson! And if anyone thinks Springfield will put up 27 against this defense, they are out of their mind. I don't think Dickson has given up over 120 yards total offense to anyone they have played. Their first team defense has been scored on twice. Dickson 28 Springfield 7.

Springfield 27

Dickson Co. 14

While I agree with much of your post, I would like to add a few thoughts. Despite the turovers, the Springfield offense is extremely talented, speedy, and somewhat illusive...however saying all of that, they were only repsonsible for 12 of the 20 points scored by the Yellowjackets...a punt return by a very talented receiver made up the other touchdown. Likewise, Springfield will not be able to commit "foolish" penalties (fouls after the whistle) such as they did against HC in Dickson next week and expect to win. Dickson also has a defense similar to HC's...all one needs to do is look at the Columbia/Dickson game to understand this! However, your (Springfield's) quarterback is very good..descent accuracy and a strong enough arm...if he can throw it to the gold helmets instead of the white ones next week...the Jackets stand a good chance in beating the Cougars..field position will be a key as well..the Yellowjacket punter is excellent or at least had an excellent game against HC...still, it is the Cougars at home...that in itself...is a tall order of business...good luck to both teams!!

Although it was a loss (10-7). Dickson manhandled Columbia, who is MUCH better than Springfield. So, saying they haven't played anyone as good as Springfield is untrue. Grant it, Rossview, Kenwood, and Northwest are not very good, and DC showed that. This is homecoming week for Dickson! And if anyone thinks Springfield will put up 27 against this defense, they are out of their mind. I don't think Dickson has given up over 120 yards total offense to anyone they have played. Their first team defense has been scored on twice. Dickson 28 Springfield 7.

Absolutely no disrespect to DC or their defense. I believe everything you have said is true and that DC is a good team. Springfield has improved every game and specifically their QB; this kid threw the ball better than he has all season last night despite 2 ints. They appear to be coming into their own offensively and I believe they will be even better this week. Defensively they have played great all year and really not bad last night. DC had a short field on several occasions and w/ the 6 turnovers they were on the field alot which is not a good thing against a team that as that much of a size advantage. Anyway, good luck to both teams.....

It was an awesome game this Friday, Springfield. I feel that once you work out those kinks made in this game Dickson will have their hands full come Friday. I was very impressed with your team. It will be good to see how Dickson fairs against you....give us sort of an idea of what we will be facing in about a month. Also wanted to say that your fans were very friendly and helpful(parking). Kudos to your school. Good Luck in your game against Dickson! :thumb:

• Upvote 1

As a Henry Co. fan I am very interested to see how this game plays out. I think it is too close to call and will come down to the last couple of possesions. I would greatly appreciate a recap of this game from someone that is going. To be honest, I would almost come over to this one myself but I don't want to miss a Henry Co. home game because we have so much fun!

As a Henry Co. fan I am very interested to see how this game plays out. I think it is too close to call and will come down to the last couple of possesions. I would greatly appreciate a recap of this game from someone that is going. To be honest, I would almost come over to this one myself but I don't want to miss a Henry Co. home game because we have so much fun!

If Dickson Co. wins this one it could lead up to an amazing match up for "The Barrel", which also is going to be on tv this year.

• Upvote 1

If Dickson Co. wins this one it could lead up to an amazing match up for "The Barrel", which also is going to be on tv this year.

I just don't see how Dickson could lose this one. Springfield will pose a challenge to Dickson, but not Dickson's toughest challenge this season. Dickson has too much talent and discipline, and from what I've heard about there is not enough discipline for Springfield (there is apparantly talent). Plus, no one will be able to stop #32, who is probably the best player in the district. Its gonna be a good homecoming for the Cougars!