Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

I just don't see how Dickson could lose this one. Springfield will pose a challenge to Dickson, but not Dickson's toughest challenge this season. Dickson has too much talent and discipline, and from what I've heard about there is not enough discipline for Springfield (there is apparantly talent). Plus, no one will be able to stop #32, who is probably the best player in the district. Its gonna be a good homecoming for the Cougars!

"What he said"

Edited by CatFever

As a Henry Co. fan I am very interested to see how this game plays out. I think it is too close to call and will come down to the last couple of possesions. I would greatly appreciate a recap of this game from someone that is going. To be honest, I would almost come over to this one myself but I don't want to miss a Henry Co. home game because we have so much fun!

It will be interesting to see which D can outplay the other. Cougars D has to be able to slow done the passing attack of Jackets and Jackets have to be able to do the same with the Cougars running game. This would be a good game to watch if it was bye week along with the Liberty and North Side game that also would be a good one.

Edited by wingman

It will be interesting to see which D can outplay the other. Cougars D has to be able to slow done the passing attack of Jackets and Jackets have to be able to do the same with the Cougars running game. This would be a good game to watch if it was bye week along with the Liberty and North Side game that also would be a good one.

The question is will Springfields line be able to protect the qb to be able to pass. Dickson Co. has a quick D and get in the back field fast, they almost take the handoffs on some run plays.

This a very big game for the Jackets , with the new play-off criteria. Springfield must improve on not turning the ball over or it could be in trouble. Dickson Co. runs a 3-3 stack on defense and this could pose problems for the passing game. This should be another top notch game in 10-AAA , we need a big crowd to follow the Jackets to Dickson , its a great atmosphere to watch a game there , I'am already excited.GO JACKETS!!

I agree with the situation with turning the ball over, but we all learn from mistakes. I would rather have our team lose in week 4 than week 11. Granted the lose was heart breaking at the time, and we all learned much about the team and the game of high school football. So I am pretty sure Coach Myers, the staff, and the players have worked hard to fix the problems we have faced these past few weeks. Also remember that we are still a young team, and I am really waiting to see how our boys will respond to last weeks mishaps.

I am also glad we learned the TSSAA rule that a team can false start in a game with 3 minutes or more left and be granted a full 25 seconds for their next play. Now that we know this I hope a team in the state championship game false starts 10 times with a 1 point lead in the championship game this December. To be honest, a team with no times outs is in a pickle if the team is winning by 1 point at at the 30 yard line on 3rd down with 4 minutes remaining and understand the ruling by TSSAA. All the team has to do is wait for 1 second and false start ten times and the game is over. How can the TSSAA allow this to happen? How can you reward a team for an offensive penality? Then grant the team a running clock and fresh 25 second play clock!

Edited by OldJacketFan

I agree with the situation with turning the ball over, but we all learn from mistakes. I would rather have our team lose in week 4 than week 11. Granted the lose was heart breaking at the time, and we all learned much about the team and the game of high school football. So I am pretty sure Coach Myers, the staff, and the players have worked hard to fix the problems we have faced these past few weeks. Also remember that we are still a young team, and I am really waiting to see how our boys will respond to last weeks mishaps.

I am also glad we learned the TSSAA rule that a team can false start in a game with 3 minutes or more left and be granted a full 25 seconds for their next play. Now that we know this I hope a team in the state championship game false starts 10 times with a 1 point lead in the championship game this December. To be honest, a team with no times outs is in a pickle if the team is winning by 1 point at at the 30 yard line on 3rd down with 4 minutes remaining and understand the ruling by TSSAA. All the team has to do is wait for 1 second and false start ten times and the game is over. How can the TSSAA allow this to happen? How can you reward a team for an offensive penality? Then grant the team a running clock and fresh 25 second play clock!

So..according to your post, here are the standings in District 10-AAA;

Dickson County 3-0

Springfield's Clock 1-0

Henry County 2-1

Springfield 2-1

Clarksville 2-1

Clarksville NE 1-1

Kenwood 1-2

Rossview 0-2

West Creek 0-2

Clarksville NW 0-2

Obviously a great call from the Henry County coach to use this strange rule to his teams advantage. Surely the TSSAA will correct the intent of this rule and make the necessary adjustments for the 2011 season.

This a very big game for the Jackets , with the new play-off criteria. Springfield must improve on not turning the ball over or it could be in trouble. Dickson Co. runs a 3-3 stack on defense and this could pose problems for the passing game. This should be another top notch game in 10-AAA , we need a big crowd to follow the Jackets to Dickson , its a great atmosphere to watch a game there , I'am already excited.GO JACKETS!!

When you run an offense like springfields, you take a risk that you may have some turnovers in a game. Springfield's problems with turnovers are due to the type of offense they run (and a few poor decisions I'm sure). When you throw the ball 40 times a game, you run a higher risk of throwing a pick than a team that throws it 10-15 times a game!

When you run an offense like springfields, you take a risk that you may have some turnovers in a game. Springfield's problems with turnovers are due to the type of offense they run (and a few poor decisions I'm sure). When you throw the ball 40 times a game, you run a higher risk of throwing a pick than a team that throws it 10-15 times a game!

Granted, but 6 TOs are entirely too much regardless what offense you run.....