Greenbrier @ Cheatham

howdoitknow

Who Will Win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

Greenbrier (4-1) and Cheatham (3-2) will meet up this week for their annual mid-season battle. The Bobcats have won the last 4 meetings between these 2 teams. Greenbrier has won 4 games in a row since opening their season opening loss. The Cubs had a 3 game winning streak snapped last night. It will be "Homecoming 2010" in Ashland City and this year's theme is "The Few.....The Proud....THE CUBS!". Hope to see a large turnout for what should be a great contest. Any Predictions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier (4-1) and Cheatham (3-2) will meet up this week for their annual mid-season battle. The Bobcats have won the last 4 meetings between these 2 teams. Greenbrier has won 4 games in a row since opening their season opening loss. The Cubs had a 3 game winning streak snapped last night. It will be "Homecoming 2010" in Ashland City and this year's theme is "The Few.....The Proud....THE CUBS!". Hope to see a large turnout for what should be a great contest. Any Predictions?

The boys from Cheatham are tough and I predict a W

I am sure that many are frowning on the Cubs after losing to Montgomery Central this past week and there is no doubt that the Cubs did falter down the stretch and deserve to lose the game however what also must be remembered is the fact that a team that was 1-9 last season is now 3-2 midway through this season. What also must be noted is the fact that Montgomery Central isn't what should be considered an "awful" football team as they have been in recent years. They are going to be a 4-1 team after they beat East Hickman this upcoming week. At 3-2 the Cubs are sitting in excellent position as far as the TSSAA State Playoffs are concerned. The Cubs are fully aware that a 6-4 overall record will put them in the TSSAA State Playoffs. If things happened to fall the right way a 5-5 overall record could be good enough to make the postseason. All is not lost just because Montgomery Central continued to play with trememndous effort and rallied to knock off the Cubs this past week. Credit should be given to those guys for the way that they are turning things around this season.

Greenbrier is a team that is going to be in the TSSAA State Playoffs at the end of the season. They present a great challenge in what is going to be the final "non-district" game of this 2010 season for the Cubs. I look for this game to be a hard fought battle and as scaldeddog17 stated I look for the Cubs to come out playing very inspired football on "Homecoming".

I am sure that many are frowning on the Cubs after losing to Montgomery Central this past week and there is no doubt that the Cubs did falter down the stretch and deserve to lose the game however what also must be remembered is the fact that a team that was 1-9 last season is now 3-2 midway through this season. What also must be noted is the fact that Montgomery Central isn't what should be considered an "awful" football team as they have been in recent years. They are going to be a 4-1 team after they beat East Hickman this upcoming week. At 3-2 the Cubs are sitting in excellent position as far as the TSSAA State Playoffs are concerned. The Cubs are fully aware that a 6-4 overall record will put them in the TSSAA State Playoffs. If things happened to fall the right way a 5-5 overall record could be good enough to make the postseason. All is not lost just because Montgomery Central continued to play with trememndous effort and rallied to knock off the Cubs this past week. Credit should be given to those guys for the way that they are turning things around this season.

Greenbrier is a team that is going to be in the TSSAA State Playoffs at the end of the season. They present a great challenge in what is going to be the final "non-district" game of this 2010 season for the Cubs. I look for this game to be a hard fought battle and as scaldeddog17 stated I look for the Cubs to come out playing very inspired football on "Homecoming".

Last year's game was a 1 TD victory for the Bobcats, and I am sure this game will be another good one. It is too bad we did not have a bye this week to celebrate our victory over White House a little longer. Senior players are already putting the victory behind them and turning their attention to the cubs.

What time is Kickoff? Our schedule shows 7, but the Tennessean shows 0730. I did not see anything on the cubs website for a kickoff time.

Thanks. :thumb:

Last year's game was a 1 TD victory for the Bobcats, and I am sure this game will be another good one. It is too bad we did not have a bye this week to celebrate our victory over White House a little longer. Senior players are already putting the victory behind them and turning their attention to the cubs.

What time is Kickoff? Our schedule shows 7, but the Tennessean shows 0730. I did not see anything on the cubs website for a kickoff time.

Thanks. :thumb:

Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. and the game will NOT be broadcast on WQSV AM790 this week (the East Literature-Sycamore contest is the live broadcast this week) however the game will be streamed live via the webcast thanks to the fine folks at iHigh who allowed the Cubs to jump on board 2 weeks ago.

In order to watch the Greenbrier-Cheatham webcast simply go to the Cheatham Cubs Football Fan Page and click on the link titled "Cubs Friday Night" under the Main Menu. The game can then be found under the link titled "Cubs Internet Webcast: iHigh".

The Greenbrier-Cheatham Game Notes will be uploaded on the Cubs Fan Page tomorrow evening as well.

The postgame article from the loss to Montgomery Central has been uploaded to the Cubs Fan Page and later tonight the Greenbrier Game Notes will also be uploaded.

Congrats to Greenbrier on receiving recognition in this week's Class 4A Top 10 Poll. Beating a team like White House is definitely worthy of "elite recognition" thoughout Class 4A.