Liberty Tech vs. Northside

footballmad

Apparantly, North Side is a level above Liberty.

Final North Side 21 Liberty 20

Apparently the State Runner up Greeneville Greene Devils are levels about 4a. #1 Team in 4a Greeneville beat #5 team in 5a Tn High 56-7 tonight. Whats keepin them from a Ship? Nothing......................

Edited by CoachTFlorida

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly, North Side is a level above Liberty.

Final North Side 21 Liberty 20

Though the Jackson broadcasters may have been a bit premature in calling the Liberty Northside game an "instant classic," it certainly was an exciting matchup between two talented teams, two undefeated teams who came in running two different versions of the spread offense. Some salient points:

1. The game probably drew the largest crowd to watch a Jackson high school game since the 1980's, certainly in the past decade. Estimates were from 4,000 to 5,000 folks.

2. Liberty Magnet probably has the more talented squad of the two, but Northside made fewer mistakes and had fewer penalties. They played some guys both ways but seemed to want the game more than Liberty, perhaps due to the three easy games Liberty had played since they were tested in the Week 0 opener against Henry county.

3. Northside with Adam Craig relied mostly on passing while Liberty, also in the spread, passed sparingly and relied upon the run.

4. Liberty's lack of a kicking game hurt them with a missed extra point, two short kickoffs, one of which was returned for a touchdown by Northside just when the Crusaders had built a two touchdown lead, and having to run 5 plays inside the Northside 10 yard line in the final minute and coming up short, even though a short field goal would have given them the victory.

5. Northside took its only lead with just under 4 minutes to play when the Indians connected on a fourth down TD pass and then kicked the EXP.

How do you figure ??...Liberty has won 16 of their last 18 games with their only two losses being last year to a very good Henry County team by 2 and then the eventual state champion Giles County in the state semi finals...Liberty is the best 4A team in West Tn...Their only hurdle MAY be Sheffield or Trezevant out of Memphis to get to the state championship game...Giles is nowhere near as good as they were last season and if they play it will be in Jackson this year...

Crockett County will beat Liberty this year. Liberty not near as good as they were last year, and CC is better.

Crockett County will beat Liberty this year. Liberty not near as good as they were last year, and CC is better.

This is not nearly as good a Crockett County team as those of the past 7 years, WBs not as good and QB is not a running or passing threat. Pass defense is weak. They have eacaped by the skin of their teeth several times, most of them due to Pratt's coaching. Liberty's offense is not as good as last year, especially the passing game, but their defense compares well to last year's team.

Lst year, Liberty wore a plodding and slower Crockett County team into the ground in the second half. Speed still kills, but Crockett County is far too one dimensional to play with top flight teams.

This is not nearly as good a Crockett County team as those of the past 7 years, WBs not as good and QB is not a running or passing threat. Pass defense is weak. They have eacaped by the skin of their teeth several times, most of them due to Pratt's coaching. Liberty's offense is not as good as last year, especially the passing game, but their defense compares well to last year's team.

Lst year, Liberty wore a plodding and slower Crockett County team into the ground in the second half. Speed still kills, but Crockett County is far too one dimensional to play with top flight teams.

They are hanging on by the skins of their teeth, you are right, but those games still count as wins. You can be one dimensional when no one can stop your run. Why do they have to throw? Liberty's offense is what killed CC last year, not their defense. They really miss the qb and rb from last year. I look for Lexington to beat Liberty.

I think everyone should slow down a minute. Liberty played the worst game I have ever seen them play, and still only lost by one with a chance to win it at the end.This is one of the most explosive teams in the state bar none. That loss is exactly what they needed to pull their heads out of the clouds. Coach Hoofkin will teach his kids a valuable lesson from this loss. Look for Liberty to make another deep run.

I think everyone should slow down a minute. Liberty played the worst game I have ever seen them play, and still only lost by one with a chance to win it at the end.This is one of the most explosive teams in the state bar none. That loss is exactly what they needed to pull their heads out of the clouds. Coach Hoofkin will teach his kids a valuable lesson from this loss. Look for Liberty to make another deep run.

What was so horrible about the way Liberty played? They didnt turn the ball over, very few penalties, over 400 yards of offense. They did give up two plays on special teams and also had extra point blocked, but other than special teams, where was the bad play?

What was so horrible about the way Liberty played? They didnt turn the ball over, very few penalties, over 400 yards of offense. They did give up two plays on special teams and also had extra point blocked, but other than special teams, where was the bad play?

Other than special teams which is a very vital part of a football team! I don't care what anyone says if your special don't perform well it will get you beat! Example 21-20 blocked extra point!

It irritates me so bad when someone makes excuses. Did you ever think that NorthSide who was an undefeated team also coming into this game was just a better team. I know Liberty Tech is a good team but Northside isn't to shabby theirselves. Maybe their special teams had a better game plan and was just better than Liberty's. I think Liberty obviously by stats had an all around good game. Northside is a different team than in years past and their motivated and ready to play and that showed in last Friday's game.

I think Liberty is to concerned about making the big play. Their safety made a huge hit on the first series and you would have thought the game was over. Northside was more disciplied on special teams and it was ultimately a big difference in the game. If liberty's quarterback would have pitched the ball more when running the option they probably would have put more points on the board and could have put the game away. My hats of to Northside's coaches and players for staying focused and not giving up. If you let a team like Northside hang around they don't give up and they will continue to win games even if they are getting outgained statistically. Liberty has a very good team they just need to concentrate on execution and not the big play. If they execute properly thier talent will shine and they will get the big plays. If Liberty would play unselfish football and find a kicker they could be unstoppable. Good luck to both teams. I think they both will have good runs in the playoffs.